RPGM Completed Squirrel Legacy II: Children of the Nut [v1.0] [Obscure Productions]

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I'm sure this has already been asked but can't find it while searching thread, is it possible to save the person sent to work for evergreen or are they permanantly removed from future events ?

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
I'm sure this has already been asked but can't find it while searching thread, is it possible to save the person sent to work for evergreen or are they permanantly removed from future events ?
Yes, by sending the other person.

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
This game could definitely use a walkthrough of some sort if there's no plans for an in-game questlog or journal.

Very easy to step away from the game for awhile and then have no idea what your objective is, and with the map not having any labels for town names and the nature of 'wander around talking to every NPC hoping one random one starts a quest, while such an NPC may or may not be even present in this town' can feel like a lot of wasted time, which becomes a drag and kills the desire to continue.

Considering the time investment needed to make what feels like not much progress, it'd also be nice to have some idea of what route you're on, in case you've accidentally progressed too far with a love interest to have the squirrel be unable to steal them later or something like that.

Queen_Nothing

Dec 22, 2021
This game could definitely use a walkthrough of some sort if there's no plans for an in-game questlog or journal.

Very easy to step away from the game for awhile and then have no idea what your objective is, and with the map not having any labels for town names and the nature of 'wander around talking to every NPC hoping one random one starts a quest, while such an NPC may or may not be even present in this town' can feel like a lot of wasted time, which becomes a drag and kills the desire to continue.

Considering the time investment needed to make what feels like not much progress, it'd also be nice to have some idea of what route you're on, in case you've accidentally progressed too far with a love interest to have the squirrel be unable to steal them later or something like that.
From what I remember, by the time it gets to the part where he's cucking you it's basically a race to 10 points fror every girl. Or something. But yeah, a status screen that displays and compares progress would be nice.

Reactions: Pyrrical

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
Yeah, but if you let squirrel bro get to max points with every girl right away by just going back and forth between towns, you get an early 'bad end' it seems. Wondering if there's a path where you can hold onto one girl (Nicole in my playthrough) so that I can complete the entire story, but still have the squirrel get the last girl in the end too, without getting early bad-ended.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Yeah, but if you let squirrel bro get to max points with every girl right away by just going back and forth between towns, you get an early 'bad end' it seems. Wondering if there's a path where you can hold onto one girl (Nicole in my playthrough) so that I can complete the entire story, but still have the squirrel get the last girl in the end too, without getting early bad-ended.
Ah, the "Is there any NTR in this NTR game?" question.
The answer is yes. Yes, there is.

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
I guess what I'm really interested in is the difference between letting Stewart getting to 6 points with all the girls before Bob gets in a committed relationship with anyone, but then struggling to keep Stewart below 12 on each so as to not trigger the bad end, vs locking in one relation so that Stewart can't progress with them anymore in the 'normal way' beyond winning challenges with Bob which I assume will come into play of NTR later.

If you let Stewart get to 6 points or so with all 3 girls it seems Bob can no longer date any of them, and you're open to getting bad ended if they all progress further, but you could potentially juggle blocking Stewarts further progress as you play through the story.

Not sure if that's worth a separate playthrough for a unique ending or not. The game seems to try to railroad you into only dating one girl and that's a safe way to prevent the early bad end from triggering as long as she's locked in and Stewart can only have 'friendly' conversations with them for the time being. Wonder if dating none of them is viable for a full playthrough.

Reactions: LordFrz

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
I guess what I'm really interested in is the difference between letting Stewart getting to 6 points with all the girls before Bob gets in a committed relationship with anyone, but then struggling to keep Stewart below 12 on each so as to not trigger the bad end, vs locking in one relation so that Stewart can't progress with them anymore in the 'normal way' beyond winning challenges with Bob which I assume will come into play of NTR later.

If you let Stewart get to 6 points or so with all 3 girls it seems Bob can no longer date any of them, and you're open to getting bad ended if they all progress further, but you could potentially juggle blocking Stewarts further progress as you play through the story.

Not sure if that's worth a separate playthrough for a unique ending or not. The game seems to try to railroad you into only dating one girl and that's a safe way to prevent the early bad end from triggering as long as she's locked in and Stewart can only have 'friendly' conversations with them for the time being. Wonder if dating none of them is viable for a full playthrough.
So you just want a list of all the endings?

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
A list of the endings and the conditions needed to get them would be pretty sweet, if there's differences between Stewart being at 12+ relationship points by the end vs only getting halfway even if Bob doesn't date them, etc.

Curious about all the endings but don't wanna waste too much time if some things result in the same outcome, like whether or not Bobs relationship is fully maxed out but still loses Stewarts challenges with a girl/visits the underground brothel vs only being at like 20 or so relation points, and exactly how many challenges need to be won or lost for Stewart to be guaranteed to steal a girl.

Does it only take one lost challenge and the girl will eventually fall for Stewart no matter what, or do you need to frustrate the girl several times, etc.

Also curious if it's possible to keep Stewart completely away from at least one girl to the very end, if one might be interested in a challenging 'pure' route. I remember the first Squirrel Legacy's endings all wound up with Stewart getting both the girls one way or another no matter what.

Reactions: Wallobi

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
Gosh people, upload your save someone would you? The game is complete boring garbage in the beginning. Nobody should have to go through that.

Reactions: Subscriber

lordeloki

Nov 16, 2021
Gosh people, upload your save someone would you? The game is complete boring garbage in the beginning. Nobody should have to go through that.
the gallery does not work normally, I have a couple of saves of the new game +, but according to the author's idea, the gallery is wiped and you need to open it again, there is a lot of hemorrhoids, but in comparison with the first part it is very weak

and yes, even with the new game + you will still need to pass 15 minutes, the beginning of the game, to reach the gallery and see that it is EMPTY)

Reactions: GoldenArm

lordeloki

Nov 16, 2021
So you can play the game again without losing everything.
Really thought people would be more wowed by that.
Ah well. It shouldn't be hard to give people what they want.
Isn't the gallery part of the progress? why does it reset to zero?
I understand a lot of endings and to see them you need to go through the game many times, BUT without saving progress in the gallery it doesn't make sense, and every time you spend an hour or two poking at each pixel and remembering in what order to go through and watch the same thing every time + a gigantic number of triggers of fights and the most primitive puzzles but stretched out in time and therefore people are not happy, once you can pass, two are still tolerable, 3 4 5 -10 people are not idiots to waste their time on this, and as I said the game is very WEAK compared to the first part, but stretched

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Isn't the gallery part of the progress? why does it reset to zero?
I understand a lot of endings and to see them you need to go through the game many times, BUT without saving progress in the gallery it doesn't make sense, and every time you spend an hour or two poking at each pixel and remembering in what order to go through and watch the same thing every time + a gigantic number of triggers of fights and the most primitive puzzles but stretched out in time and therefore people are not happy, once you can pass, two are still tolerable, 3 4 5 -10 people are not idiots to waste their time on this, and as I said the game is very WEAK compared to the first part, but stretched
I kinda getcha, the Gallery is as much an interactive status screen as anything else. So I'm making a deep gallery with all the things in it.

Bleh.png

And yes... Technically is would take an estimated 84 hours of play to fill out the entire thing. I think that is too much. But... How about just accepting that you are gonna to miss some stuff? Better too much then not enough, right?

Subscriber

Apr 11, 2020
I kinda getcha, the Gallery is as much an interactive status screen as anything else. So I'm making a deep gallery with all the things in it.

View attachment 3169742

And yes... Technically is would take an estimated 84 hours of play to fill out the entire thing. I think that is too much. But... How about just accepting that you are gonna to miss some stuff? Better too much then not enough, right?
Can you provide gallery unlocker, please?

Reactions: Parthornax

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
I mean... I kinda never understood people making games with art/story that only very few people would see. So like a hidden piece. I understand hiding 30 coins under some obscure tree. That's completely ok to miss. But an actual piece of art someone wasted hours working on? I mean, isn't the idea of art to have many people enjoy it rather than few?

I guess it's ok for people to miss how you get that art or that scene in the game, but then they still should be able to appreciate it. Even with a gallery unlock. I just fail to see the point of this idea to reinforce the gallery access restriction. What's the reasoning behind that. Seems more of a bug than a feature.

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes