Noon_Shadow

Nov 7, 2018
I don't know if the person who authored the pinned (Pure Run) walkthrough follows this thread, but I've found an error in it. I assume it comes from recent changes that caused them to change their sequencing, but it now tells the player to sell a 6th Star Metal, on Day 43, before they could ever have picked up a 6th by following this walkthrough. The sixth one you'd normally get is in Draknar Fortress, or maybe the underground city.

Anyway, my quest to stockpile NG+ points continues.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
I don't know if the person who authored the pinned (Pure Run) walkthrough follows this thread, but I've found an error in it. I assume it comes from recent changes that caused them to change their sequencing, but it now tells the player to sell a 6th Star Metal, on Day 43, before they could ever have picked up a 6th by following this walkthrough. The sixth one you'd normally get is in Draknar Fortress, or maybe the underground city.
Didn't use/write the WT, but star metal is in the following early locations:

Cave (Forest of Runes: North)
Hidden Cave (Forest of Runes: Central)
Northern Mines (area unlocked by "Spider Cleanup")
Bandit House (Forest of Runes)
Caves (at Refugee Camp)
Eastern Forest of Runes (after magic field)

they are reachable before the Festival of Greed. You might have missed the one in the eastern forest of runes (there is a secret passage that allows you to bypass the treant boss)

Noon_Shadow

Nov 7, 2018
Didn't use/write the WT, but star metal is in the following early locations:

Cave (Forest of Runes: North)
Hidden Cave (Forest of Runes: Central)
Northern Mines (area unlocked by "Spider Cleanup")
Bandit House (Forest of Runes)
Caves (at Refugee Camp)
Eastern Forest of Runes (after magic field)

they are reachable before the Festival of Greed. You might have missed the one in the eastern forest of runes (there is a secret passage that allows you to bypass the treant boss)
Thanks, you helped me figure out where the error probably is. What happened is that the walkthrough ignores the one guarded by the Poisoncloud Gnome boss in the Eastern Forest. That boss is pretty difficult to tackle until you've got a Fire Slime, if you're going for a Pure run. But you're right, you can always bypass the enemies and sneak up to grab that one early. I put off collecting that one until I was able to take out the gnome guarding it.

It didn't affect my run since I'm going on a NG+ and had some extra money, but people following the guide might not figure out how to get another Star Metal before getting one from Draknar, Nephlune Vault, or the Northern Mountain Range.

Reactions: hermesh
3.90 star(s) 170 Votes