ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
well seems broken to me new version just refuses to start
just Error failed to initialize graphics nothing else
edit tried multiple sources none of them can start apparently it is definitely broken
guess i wont play until a fix, was really looking forward to more

Last edited:

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
In the interests room can we remove any of the other stuff or is the magazine all that is there for now and how do I get Rose to below 50 or is 74 as low as we can go for now?

bitchy bitch

Nov 14, 2020
Last update greatly balances the game. But still there are a lot of worthless fights. It's an stealth game, if you do a perfect hit please reward it with more than an extra turn. No need to be XP points or gold just some random items. Now most enemies just are an annoying obstacle. I kill them just to have free roaming. I mean, what's the point of fighting if there is no reward? spam attack or remove collar? As the game is now removing the collar any more than needed leads to a game over.

Julien's quests need a more clear hint. I nearly missed them and that's a lot of content. Already killed all the bandits before I discovered the upper floor in the barracks.

Now the positive. The game has great potential. If you manage to fill all the locations you already have in the map this could be a 5/5 game despite of the art. The story and the gameplay can make for that. Maybe not for the quick fappers but they have plenty of games here to choose from.

The concept is original. Two worlds and two players fighting each other but not fighting too much because they need each other. Which makes 'beating' the game more than winning all the fights or become a total slut.

Good luck :)

Reactions: B1gCh33sy

Vintabas

Dec 17, 2017
i am lacking a 5th point of lewdness needed for slime scene, already read the book, went to have dinner with the merchant, got 1 from john and 1 from alchemist

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
so for anyone who knows more than me this is the error i see every time i attempt to start the game
rmmz_managers.js:2030 Error: Failed to initialize graphics.
at Function.SceneManager.initGraphics (rmmz_managers.js:1909)
at Function.SceneManager.initialize (rmmz_managers.js:1881)
at Function.SceneManager.run (rmmz_managers.js:1870)
at Main.onEffekseerLoad (main.js:141)
at Object._onRuntimeInitialized [as onRuntimeInitialized] (effekseer.min.js:33)
at doRun (effekseer.min.js:15)
at run (effekseer.min.js:15)
at runCaller (effekseer.min.js:15)
at removeRunDependency (effekseer.min.js:15)
at receiveInstance (effekseer.min.js:15)

i dont know much about this version of rpg maker but this seems wierd

TrickyL

Aug 18, 2017
so for anyone who knows more than me this is the error i see every time i attempt to start the game
rmmz_managers.js:2030 Error: Failed to initialize graphics.
at Function.SceneManager.initGraphics (rmmz_managers.js:1909)
at Function.SceneManager.initialize (rmmz_managers.js:1881)
at Function.SceneManager.run (rmmz_managers.js:1870)
at Main.onEffekseerLoad (main.js:141)
at Object._onRuntimeInitialized [as onRuntimeInitialized] (effekseer.min.js:33)
at doRun (effekseer.min.js:15)
at run (effekseer.min.js:15)
at runCaller (effekseer.min.js:15)
at removeRunDependency (effekseer.min.js:15)
at receiveInstance (effekseer.min.js:15)

i dont know much about this version of rpg maker but this seems wierd
MZ requires WebGL unlike MV that had a fallback. What graphics card are you using and what OS? I've heard of people having issues on Win8.1 .

Edit You can check if your MV games are running in the WebGL mode by pressing f2 while running one. It will say in the top left corner if it is using webGL or the old canvas fall-back. If it is using the WebGL then the issue is something else.

Last edited:

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020
MZ requires WebGL unlike MV that had a fallback. What graphics card are you using and what OS? I've heard of people having issues on Win8.1 .
yeah its 8.1 but i have a win 10 pc i just dont use it for games, since i really dont like win10. i dont know what graphics card this thing has but it is a 2014-2015ish era amd card

i use a all in one potato pc from the year i started high school that runs better than some of my friends fancy windows 10 computers they have replaced 2 or 3 times in the same time period
Edit my mv games do run in web GL mode just checked all of them idk what the problem is other than mz version 1.2 having random issues

Last edited:

bitchy bitch

Nov 14, 2020
rpgm mz runs fine on browser. I am running like any other native app on linux.

just run into the game folder.
Code:
chromium --disable-web-security --user-data-dir=scenarios index.html
change chromium for chrome if that it's what you have installed in your system.

Newest implementations of RPGM are just javascript + html5

BTW: No bugs were found in a couple of PT. Just some feedback to the dev(s).

Reactions: RottenCitizen

Rheavon

May 12, 2018
Yeah. The suicide cap is explained to you so you know to avoid that.
Oh yes I knew well in advance what would happen. There is however no way of knowing when you are going to run out things to spend corruption on, and when you do run out...no clear instructions of what to do next to unlock more things to spend said corruption on. But you are right, I was told right at the beginning what would happen, thanks for pointing that out for me.

Reactions: 1Teddy1

Jan 10, 2018
If this game continues on this trajectory, it's definitely going to be a top-tier game when it's finished! It's already pretty entertaining despite being so early in development.

I particularly enjoy the interaction between Alicia and Aura - despite being very different people on the surface, you can see how they share very similar cores, and why they used to be friends. Especially in the way they trash talk each other, and how Aura put on her crazy face to brag about how she couldn't even imagine losing. If Aura didn't care about other people, she'd pretty much be a nerdier Alicia, and if Alicia were less self-centered, she'd pretty much be the queen bee class rep.

I also enjoyed the game's core mechanics; it breaks from the mold in good ways. Amongst other things, the way fights don't giving xp, so there's minimal incentive to grind; having multiple ways of approaching your goals; fights that encourage you to consider the enemy's capabilities rather than just spamming your "good" attack; and resource management that's not completely trivial. I think these all make for a very solid core for the game, and I hope future developers take note.

Now, with the praise done with, I do have to make a demand (one I do note was already planned earlier, so please don't take this too seriously) - I need an Alicia/Aura ending! The two are great together, and Aura needs a new partner anyway after she kills Richard, takes his place as the Dark Lord, and George breaks up with her because she's moved to another world and is hella evil now anyway >_> . Now, part of this might just be because these two characters are pretty much always together and have great chemistry, but... She's way better than the other two leads. Richard's pretty much a more competent cartoon villain (so you're given free reign to conquer a new world with overwhelming might, and you... Plan obsessively on how to make the one woman to ever beat you into your pet? Great priorities there, dude. Did you start an industrial revolution just so you could go to the moon after that?), while George is... Well, there's nothing wrong with him, really. He's just rather plain compared to Alicia.

Fangirling aside, though, I do have some more serious suggestions to make.

First, regarding the surface relationships room; I would suggest changing how disposition and daily routine function here. Instead of disposition changing relationship directly, I would instead suggest that it should act as a cap on how much Aura's daily routine can affect their relationship, which should instead be the main source of relationship change. I say this because it seems a bit backwards at the moment; currently, the biggest changes come from the lever, while her actual interactions with her friends (plus Alicia) don't have much effect at all. And once the events run out, having gone through the trouble of making changes ends up feeling slightly... Wasted.

Mechanically, I think it this would be most straightforward; a simple repeating event where you see Aura walking with her partner, followed by a "Plus 1 relationship with [name]". The person in the first slot fires three times a week; the second two times a week; the third once a week. Tutoring being an exception, firing once a week; evening visits being another exception that fires once a week, but gives three relationship points.

Second, regarding flexibility. While I suspect this is because the game is early in development, I note that the corruption content is currently a lot more linear than the rest of the game, or than the setup would suggest. Take changing her fashion interests, for example; to unlock that, you have to put a fashion magazine in Aura's brain, which in turn requires getting tutoring from Aura. There's nothing wrong with this chain of events, to be clear; it makes perfect sense in how it plays out. It's just that feels a bit restrictive in how you're expected to do things.

For instance, what if Alicia wanted to focus on messing with Aura's happiness instead? I could see increasing her social drive being a good "in" for talking to her about how fashion can make it easier to talk to people. Or what if Alicia felt that being tutored was unnecessarily demeaning, and wanted to leap straight to talking books with Aura? In that case, I could imagine her talking romance novels instead, using the cliche makeover scene as a way of broaching the topic.

Personally, I think that each "step" (for lack of a better word) should generally have two or three different options for how to get there, preferably from fairly different sources; I think this would best balance flexibility with keeping things manageable.

(I swear I'm not saying this just because I enjoy Aura having absolutely trashy taste in literature, and want her to keep that trait on her road to evil overlord. I swear.)

Third, I think it would be a good idea to make it a bit more clear as to how the player is supposed to gain MP. I spent an embarrassingly long time struggling to learn Fire because I never noticed the existence of mana crystals, and thought the only sources were leveling and the class with the magic teacher. For that matter, it might also be a good idea to point out the blacksmith a bit more clearly as well; players are probably used to thinking of it as a place to get new gear, rather than an important source of stats.

Fourth, this might be rude, but I think the game would strongly benefit from a new title. "Star Knightess Aura" sounds pretty generic, and doesn't give a good idea as to what the game is about at all. One option would be to lean in to how the game lampoons a lot of isekai tropes, and name it like it was a light novel: "I was Summoned to Another World as a Celestial Hero, but my Childhood Friend Betrayed Me and now I'm Cursed With a Succubus Stuck In My Head!" (not that Alicia's a succubus, but it gets the idea across). Of course, that might make people think it's more of a parody than it actually is... Something a bit more serious that still gets the idea across might be something like "The Cursed Heroine's Fight to Defeat her Brainwashing." Okay, that's terrible too, but I'm half asleep, okay? My point being that it would really help the game stand out if the title emphasized either the isekai themes, or the corruption themes.

Fifth, moving on to more minor notes... Since you're using some unmarked events (like turning vines into rope, or taking money from dead bodies), I would suggest adding a bit of dialogue to the various decorations in the world. This encourages the player to explore their surroundings, and by rewarding them with a little bit of humor here and there. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, and it doesn't have to be unique for each item; just a sentence or two to keep the player in the habit of clicking things, so they don't fall out of it when it comes time to harvest a bit of ether. Plus, it helps make towns feel more alive.

Sixth, the subconsciousness rooms would benefit from a way to see the tutorial again, since occasionally it might be a while before you revisit a room; perhaps a quick recap if you speak to your guide?

Seventh, I think the scene where Aura gets judgmental over a couple kissing is a bit incongruous with her behavior in the other world. She hasn't kissed her boyfriend yet, but is willing to let John feel her up in return for teaching her a skill? It feels a bit off to me.

Eighth, I think the game would benefit from a "teleport back to the shrine" item, since it's the main place for you to end the day. None of the areas are excessively long, but if you're, say, spending a lot of time with the blacksmith... It adds up pretty quickly.

Ninth, could you please turn off the sound of the duel in town? It makes sense when you're next to them, but it plays everywhere in town, and gets kind of repetitive after a while.

Tenth, giving the alchemist strange spores is bugged; it's supposed to add vitality potions to his stock, but currently... He seems to just keep them. Well, the player deserves it anyway for turning down that tasty, tasty five MP, I suppose...

Eleventh... This is more of a far-in-the-future-once-things-are-wrapping-up idea, but it would be nice if Alicia had some options for just messing with Aura in her brain, instead of focusing strictly on the plan. Get her interested in a trashy reality TV show (is Alicia into those? I don't want to judge, but she seems like the person who watches them to viciously mock everyone involved), or hooked on a gatcha cell phone game - purely to be petty, and give her something to talk with Alicia about that they'd both be interested in for once.

Well, I think that's all of the useful feedback done with. I've probably forgotten some things, but there will be time to remember later, I'm sure. Instead, it's time for some idle, unsorted observations! Feel free to skip; none of them are insightful or important.

Is it just me, or is Alicia a tsundere? I mean, she spends all of this time talking about how she hates everything about Aura, but... She also spends a lot of time talking about how she's going to "fix" Aura, despises Rose for having "stolen" Aura and ruined her, and seemed genuinely disturbed by how Aura didn't care about herself at all in the happiness room. If she just wanted to make Aura a brainwashed bimbo, I'm sure there would be more straightforward approaches she could take - instead, it seems like she's trying to force her to be her friend again. With a few other things tossed in for petty spite, because she's kind of mean that way.

On the same topic, I can't help but think that Aura would be a lot closer to understanding Alicia if she was privy to Alicia's conversations with her subconscious. She wouldn't agree with her, obviously, but Alicia goes through a lot more effort to explain herself there than she does to Aura's face - and Alicia does make some decent points in defense of her views. Aura would probably see her as more than just a mean-spirited bully if she were hear it.

By the way, that game that Aura wrote... Was the one who commented on it approvingly Richard? Because it seemed an awful lot like Richard. Poor Aura, her worst enemy is the only one to praise her...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I fear for Laura's future. As a named nerd who Aura's personally intervened to help, she has all the flags of being a future victim of Aura's corruption. Well, just so long as she's forced to become someone else on Aura's terms instead of being handed off to a boyfriend to "fix" her, I suppose...

Oddly enough, Laura kind of stands out more to me than Rose does, at the moment. Rose is supposed to be very important to protecting Aura's psyche, but we haven't really seen that aspect of her yet; instead, she just comes across as an entertaining best friend. Their shared love of reading is the trait that stands out most to me at the moment. Which isn't to say she's badly developed; she isn't. Just that I'm looking forward to future revelations.

All of that said... I'm really looking forward to the next update!

(Apologies if any of this was particularly incoherent - I really should have slept before putting my impressions in a comment.)

Last edited:

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
aura-dev Is it correct that "Socializing I" has not been implemented yet, but it is needed to insert yourself into "Going Home Relationship"?

I've configured the Socializing tank already, but I can't put 1 circle into it(not implemented).

Jan 10, 2018
aura-dev Is it correct that "Socializing I" has not been implemented yet, but it is needed to insert yourself into "Going Home Relationship"?

I've configured the Socializing tank already, but I can't put 1 circle into it(not implemented).
If you stand on top of the circle and press confirm, that should let you activate it. It could be a bit clearer as to how that works, though; looking back, it was pretty much luck that I stumbled onto that.

Reactions: AtotehZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
If you stand on top of the circle and press confirm, that should let you activate it. It could be a bit clearer as to how that works, though; looking back, it was pretty much luck that I stumbled onto that.
I stepped on the wrong circle. I was on the bottom one.

I'm unsure if there's any more content. My current progress is:

Is there any more new content besides that?

Jan 10, 2018
I stepped on the wrong circle. I was on the bottom one.

I'm unsure if there's any more content. My current progress is:

Is there any more new content besides that?
Have you gone to the refugee camp yet, and is the little end room thing saying you missed any bosses?

Those are the main two things that would stand out to me as being "missable" based on your comment.

Reactions: AtotehZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Have you gone to the refugee camp yet, and is the little end room thing saying you missed any bosses?

Those are the main two things that would stand out to me as being "missable" based on your comment.
I didn't get the end room.

I've been going over the changelog since I posted my message. and just found the Barracks room and I'd already completed the quest that was given to me it could be turned in immediately.. but I've walked all over the map and I can't seem to find a refugee camp.

I've already freed a refugee who asked me to meet him at the refugee camp to the south... but there's nothing as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
I didn't get the end room.

I've been going over the changelog since I posted my message. and just found the Barracks room.. but I've walked all over the map and I can't seem to find a refugee camp.

I've already freed a refugee who asked me to meet him at the refugee camp to the south... but there's nothing as far as I can tell.
Ah, to unlock the refugee camp, you have to be told about it by Julian first; talk to him again after collecting the reward for the bandit quest, and he'll get you involved in investigating the abduction scheme that the guy you rescued was a victim of. Afterwards, the camp is the little tent to the left of the town.

The end room should appear after you finish things up in the camp.

---

Unrelated to the question above, a couple more points that I remembered after my longer post last night...

The game's focus is on changing Aura, but isn't Alicia changing as well? Even if it's for a scheme, she's still taking studying seriously now, and is going to be stuck with it for a rather long time; I can easily imagine a scenario in which her grades pass George's, all while she bemoans being "forced" to study despite being able to back out of it for ages. Same with the book; it was part of a scheme, but she still thoroughly enjoyed mocking the plot. Is she just going to walk away from all of that after her work is done?

The idea of her plot backfiring like this is amusing to me - that while she goes through all of this effort to corrupt Aura, bragging all the while about how inescapable her schemes are, she ends up "reformed" in minor ways without ever noticing it. For instance, while I don't expect this to happen... It'd be hilarious if she ended up befriending Laura by mistake - perhaps taking a softer approach than bullying to try and give Laura a makeover, only for Laura to respond enthusiastically when she's being offered the opportunity instead of being forced to take the opportunity.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Ah, to unlock the refugee camp, you have to be told about it by Julian first; talk to him again after collecting the reward for the bandit quest, and he'll get you involved in investigating the abduction scheme that the guy you rescued was a victim of. Afterwards, the camp is the little tent to the left of the town.

The end room should appear after you finish things up in the camp.

---

Unrelated to the question above, a couple more points that I remembered after my longer post last night...

The game's focus is on changing Aura, but isn't Alicia changing as well? Even if it's for a scheme, she's still taking studying seriously now, and is going to be stuck with it for a rather long time; I can easily imagine a scenario in which her grades pass George's, all while she bemoans being "forced" to study despite being able to back out of it for ages. Same with the book; it was part of a scheme, but she still thoroughly enjoyed mocking the plot. Is she just going to walk away from all of that after her work is done?

The idea of her plot backfiring like this is amusing to me - that while she goes through all of this effort to corrupt Aura, bragging all the while about how inescapable her schemes are, she ends up "reformed" in minor ways without ever noticing it. For instance, while I don't expect this to happen... It'd be hilarious if she ended up befriending Laura by mistake - perhaps taking a softer approach than bullying to try and give Laura a makeover, only for Laura to respond enthusiastically when she's being offered the opportunity instead of being forced to take the opportunity.
I'm thinking it's to open up the possibility of branching endings.

I'm unsure where Julian is. Is he the refugee? I did talk to him in his cell.

These are the things I haven't seen:

EDIT: Sorry, it's the barracks officer. Didn't remember his name when I talked to him.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 170 Votes