Jan 10, 2018
I'm thinking it's to open up the possibility of branching endings.

I'm unsure where Julian is. Is he the refugee? I did talk to him in his cell.

These are the things I haven't seen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Julian is the guard captain on the upper floor of the barracks, who gave you the quest to kill either the bandits or the ogre (ogre not implemented yet, though, I'm pretty sure).

All of those but the Emerald Leaf should be in the refugee camp; that, I believe, is the mossy rock on the left side of the lake near where you killed the Young Spider Queen for the Red Orb. I think? I might have my items mixed up; if so, it'd also be in the camp.

(Well, there might be a way to make stasis bombs too; I didn't actually check with the alchemist for that, choosing to rely on the bombs I found instead...)

Reactions: AtotehZ

Jan 10, 2018
Down to missing this now:

I'm also at the end now.
Based on the hints from the end room, "Bonding With Slime" should just involve visiting the slime mage with a summoned slime; for that, you'll need 30 mana to learn the spell. I didn't do it myself, though, so if there's more to it, I wouldn't know.

If the Emerald Leaf wasn't down in the vault where I said, then it should be on the cliff in the camp; climb the watchtower, go left, and burn a few weeds in the way of your sparklies.

Defeat Score/NG+ should be displayed to you in the end room; for that, you just need to try and spy on what's implied to be a threesome after being put in charge of the camp, and it'll take you there.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Based on the hints from the end room, "Bonding With Slime" should just involve visiting the slime mage with a summoned slime; for that, you'll need 30 mana to learn the spell. I didn't do it myself, though, so if there's more to it, I wouldn't know.

If the Emerald Leaf wasn't down in the vault where I said, then it should be on the cliff in the camp; climb the watchtower, go left, and burn a few weeds in the way of your sparklies.

Defeat Score/NG+ should be displayed to you in the end room; for that, you just need to try and spy on what's implied to be a threesome after being put in charge of the camp, and it'll take you there.
Oh yea, I should probably have removed the endings. I saw them, I just didn't use them yet. Loaded a save to do the rest.

"the mossy rock on the left side of the lake near where you killed the Young Spider Queen"
I'm not sure where this is. It's a while ago and I've played other games since.

I'm pretty sure I've cleared everything in the camp. The area behind the weeds was one of the first things I explored.

Do the leaves matter? If not I think I'm at the end now.

Thanks for helping out.

Jan 10, 2018
Oh yea, I should probably have removed the endings. I saw them, I just didn't use them yet. Loaded a save to do the rest.

"the mossy rock on the left side of the lake near where you killed the Young Spider Queen"
I'm not sure where this is. It's a while ago and I've played other games since.

I'm pretty sure I've cleared everything in the camp. The area behind the weeds was one of the first things I explored.

Do the leaves matter? If not I think I'm at the end now.

Thanks for helping out.
The leaves don't particularly matter; the blacksmith can craft them into +1 Defense/+1 Agility, if memory serves correctly. But if you're still interested, it should be deep in the vault buried deep in the mine, near where you entered the demon's domain; the young spider queen guarding the red orb was in the upper right corner of the map, and the mossy rock should be on the other side of the water.

Happy to be of assistance, though! If someone earnestly asks me for my help, I have no choice but to answer! ...Or so I imagine Aura would say, but answering a few questions is easy enough :) .

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Heh :)

I got the leaf in the mine. Then I searched the entire map for more and I don't think there are any. Could be wrong, but it doesn't appear so.

Thanks again.

Kurogane

Jan 18, 2018
For the quest "Forest of Danger" I'm currency frozen at the entrant of forest. Is the quest not ready yet or am I missing something?

Jan 10, 2018
For the quest "Forest of Danger" I'm currency frozen at the entrant of forest. Is the quest not ready yet or am I missing something?
To reach the bandits, you'll need to go south from the entrance; there's a plant in the way that you'll either have to burn with Fire 1, or take on 4 corruption by breaking your seal. For the ogre, I'm under the impression that's not in the game yet - but you only need to kill the bandits to complete the quest.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
I wo
If this game continues on this trajectory, it's definitely going to be a top-tier game when it's finished! It's already pretty entertaining despite being so early in development.

I particularly enjoy the interaction between Alicia and Aura - despite being very different people on the surface, you can see how they share very similar cores, and why they used to be friends. Especially in the way they trash talk each other, and how Aura put on her crazy face to brag about how she couldn't even imagine losing. If Aura didn't care about other people, she'd pretty much be a nerdier Alicia, and if Alicia were less self-centered, she'd pretty much be the queen bee class rep.

I also enjoyed the game's core mechanics; it breaks from the mold in good ways. Amongst other things, the way fights don't giving xp, so there's minimal incentive to grind; having multiple ways of approaching your goals; fights that encourage you to consider the enemy's capabilities rather than just spamming your "good" attack; and resource management that's not completely trivial. I think these all make for a very solid core for the game, and I hope future developers take note.

Now, with the praise done with, I do have to make a demand (one I do note was already planned earlier, so please don't take this too seriously) - I need an Alicia/Aura ending! The two are great together, and Aura needs a new partner anyway after she kills Richard, takes his place as the Dark Lord, and George breaks up with her because she's moved to another world and is hella evil now anyway >_> . Now, part of this might just be because these two characters are pretty much always together and have great chemistry, but... She's way better than the other two leads. Richard's pretty much a more competent cartoon villain (so you're given free reign to conquer a new world with overwhelming might, and you... Plan obsessively on how to make the one woman to ever beat you into your pet? Great priorities there, dude. Did you start an industrial revolution just so you could go to the moon after that?), while George is... Well, there's nothing wrong with him, really. He's just rather plain compared to Alicia.

Fangirling aside, though, I do have some more serious suggestions to make.

First, regarding the surface relationships room; I would suggest changing how disposition and daily routine function here. Instead of disposition changing relationship directly, I would instead suggest that it should act as a cap on how much Aura's daily routine can affect their relationship, which should instead be the main source of relationship change. I say this because it seems a bit backwards at the moment; currently, the biggest changes come from the lever, while her actual interactions with her friends (plus Alicia) don't have much effect at all. And once the events run out, having gone through the trouble of making changes ends up feeling slightly... Wasted.

Mechanically, I think it this would be most straightforward; a simple repeating event where you see Aura walking with her partner, followed by a "Plus 1 relationship with [name]". The person in the first slot fires three times a week; the second two times a week; the third once a week. Tutoring being an exception, firing once a week; evening visits being another exception that fires once a week, but gives three relationship points.

Second, regarding flexibility. While I suspect this is because the game is early in development, I note that the corruption content is currently a lot more linear than the rest of the game, or than the setup would suggest. Take changing her fashion interests, for example; to unlock that, you have to put a fashion magazine in Aura's brain, which in turn requires getting tutoring from Aura. There's nothing wrong with this chain of events, to be clear; it makes perfect sense in how it plays out. It's just that feels a bit restrictive in how you're expected to do things.

For instance, what if Alicia wanted to focus on messing with Aura's happiness instead? I could see increasing her social drive being a good "in" for talking to her about how fashion can make it easier to talk to people. Or what if Alicia felt that being tutored was unnecessarily demeaning, and wanted to leap straight to talking books with Aura? In that case, I could imagine her talking romance novels instead, using the cliche makeover scene as a way of broaching the topic.

Personally, I think that each "step" (for lack of a better word) should generally have two or three different options for how to get there, preferably from fairly different sources; I think this would best balance flexibility with keeping things manageable.

(I swear I'm not saying this just because I enjoy Aura having absolutely trashy taste in literature, and want her to keep that trait on her road to evil overlord. I swear.)

Third, I think it would be a good idea to make it a bit more clear as to how the player is supposed to gain MP. I spent an embarrassingly long time struggling to learn Fire because I never noticed the existence of mana crystals, and thought the only sources were leveling and the class with the magic teacher. For that matter, it might also be a good idea to point out the blacksmith a bit more clearly as well; players are probably used to thinking of it as a place to get new gear, rather than an important source of stats.

Fourth, this might be rude, but I think the game would strongly benefit from a new title. "Star Knightess Aura" sounds pretty generic, and doesn't give a good idea as to what the game is about at all. One option would be to lean in to how the game lampoons a lot of isekai tropes, and name it like it was a light novel: "I was Summoned to Another World as a Celestial Hero, but my Childhood Friend Betrayed Me and now I'm Cursed With a Succubus Stuck In My Head!" (not that Alicia's a succubus, but it gets the idea across). Of course, that might make people think it's more of a parody than it actually is... Something a bit more serious that still gets the idea across might be something like "The Cursed Heroine's Fight to Defeat her Brainwashing." Okay, that's terrible too, but I'm half asleep, okay? My point being that it would really help the game stand out if the title emphasized either the isekai themes, or the corruption themes.

Fifth, moving on to more minor notes... Since you're using some unmarked events (like turning vines into rope, or taking money from dead bodies), I would suggest adding a bit of dialogue to the various decorations in the world. This encourages the player to explore their surroundings, and by rewarding them with a little bit of humor here and there. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, and it doesn't have to be unique for each item; just a sentence or two to keep the player in the habit of clicking things, so they don't fall out of it when it comes time to harvest a bit of ether. Plus, it helps make towns feel more alive.

Sixth, the subconsciousness rooms would benefit from a way to see the tutorial again, since occasionally it might be a while before you revisit a room; perhaps a quick recap if you speak to your guide?

Seventh, I think the scene where Aura gets judgmental over a couple kissing is a bit incongruous with her behavior in the other world. She hasn't kissed her boyfriend yet, but is willing to let John feel her up in return for teaching her a skill? It feels a bit off to me.

Eighth, I think the game would benefit from a "teleport back to the shrine" item, since it's the main place for you to end the day. None of the areas are excessively long, but if you're, say, spending a lot of time with the blacksmith... It adds up pretty quickly.

Ninth, could you please turn off the sound of the duel in town? It makes sense when you're next to them, but it plays everywhere in town, and gets kind of repetitive after a while.

Tenth, giving the alchemist strange spores is bugged; it's supposed to add vitality potions to his stock, but currently... He seems to just keep them. Well, the player deserves it anyway for turning down that tasty, tasty five MP, I suppose...

Eleventh... This is more of a far-in-the-future-once-things-are-wrapping-up idea, but it would be nice if Alicia had some options for just messing with Aura in her brain, instead of focusing strictly on the plan. Get her interested in a trashy reality TV show (is Alicia into those? I don't want to judge, but she seems like the person who watches them to viciously mock everyone involved), or hooked on a gatcha cell phone game - purely to be petty, and give her something to talk with Alicia about that they'd both be interested in for once.

Well, I think that's all of the useful feedback done with. I've probably forgotten some things, but there will be time to remember later, I'm sure. Instead, it's time for some idle, unsorted observations! Feel free to skip; none of them are insightful or important.

Is it just me, or is Alicia a tsundere? I mean, she spends all of this time talking about how she hates everything about Aura, but... She also spends a lot of time talking about how she's going to "fix" Aura, despises Rose for having "stolen" Aura and ruined her, and seemed genuinely disturbed by how Aura didn't care about herself at all in the happiness room. If she just wanted to make Aura a brainwashed bimbo, I'm sure there would be more straightforward approaches she could take - instead, it seems like she's trying to force her to be her friend again. With a few other things tossed in for petty spite, because she's kind of mean that way.

On the same topic, I can't help but think that Aura would be a lot closer to understanding Alicia if she was privy to Alicia's conversations with her subconscious. She wouldn't agree with her, obviously, but Alicia goes through a lot more effort to explain herself there than she does to Aura's face - and Alicia does make some decent points in defense of her views. Aura would probably see her as more than just a mean-spirited bully if she were hear it.

By the way, that game that Aura wrote... Was the one who commented on it approvingly Richard? Because it seemed an awful lot like Richard. Poor Aura, her worst enemy is the only one to praise her...

Did I mention that the Luck book was pure evil? Because it was. I spent a thousand gold and eight days reading that darned thing, thinking it would help me beat the mushroom... Only to find that I can't even sell it afterwards to try and get my money back. That totally blew a hole in my Corruption, since I needed to use the blacksmith a lot after that to try and scrape together an alternate approach... ...You were totally grinning evilly as you imagined players falling into this exact trap, weren't you. You monster! /joking

I fear for Laura's future. As a named nerd who Aura's personally intervened to help, she has all the flags of being a future victim of Aura's corruption. Well, just so long as she's forced to become someone else on Aura's terms instead of being handed off to a boyfriend to "fix" her, I suppose...

Oddly enough, Laura kind of stands out more to me than Rose does, at the moment. Rose is supposed to be very important to protecting Aura's psyche, but we haven't really seen that aspect of her yet; instead, she just comes across as an entertaining best friend. Their shared love of reading is the trait that stands out most to me at the moment. Which isn't to say she's badly developed; she isn't. Just that I'm looking forward to future revelations.

All of that said... I'm really looking forward to the next update!

(Apologies if any of this was particularly incoherent - I really should have slept before putting my impressions in a comment.)
I would say not all deep relationships must go down the romance route, but i get why you would feel that way man... Also f u for spoiling me about the Luck book! And also your name suggestions are cursed af

Jan 10, 2018
I would say not all deep relationships must go down the romance route, but i get why you would feel that way man... Also f u for spoiling me about the Luck book! And also your name suggestions are cursed af
Well, it doesn't need to be a romantic relationship; I'd be happy with a friendship ending for them too. Just so long as Richard is dead, Aura is evil, and George is busy on a bus.

Sorry about the book! I really should have spoilered that - I'll fix it now.

And hey, it was, like, six AM when I wrote those names, after binging the game over the course of the night; it's a minor miracle they weren't some weird reference that nobody would understand XD . I do actually like the sound of "I was Summoned to Another World as a Celestial Hero, but my Childhood Friend Betrayed Me and now I'm Cursed With a Succubus Stuck In My Head!", but... Actually naming the game that would probably be stupidly risky.

Now that I'm a bit more alert, I'd put some more normal names out there, but... Well, my name's a bunch of numbers for a reason, you know? My taste in names can be a bit... Dubious.

Jan 10, 2018
I couldn't get the "Befriending Laura By Mistake" idea out of my head, so... I wrote up a series of five events based on the idea. The scenario idea is that Alicia added a source of unhappiness to Aura's brain, "Self-righteousness", and is testing out the effects, before everything goes wrong. The first event is the backfiring; the second is Aura dealing with New!Laura; the third is Alicia realizing that she actually likes Laura; the fourth is Aura being conflicted by how Laura continues to change; and the fifth is Aura getting uncomfortable with Laura's spreading influence in the Literature Club. ...I may have gone a bit beyond the core idea.

Oh, but just to be clear; this was just for my own amusement, before the whole idea gets jossed later on. It's not, like, a suggestion or anything.

---

---

---

---

---

So anyways, I hope people were suitably entertained by the event chain! It was entertaining to write, with Laura inadvertently doing critical damage to both Alicia's and Aura's mindscape for different reasons, and I hope it properly highlighted the two ideas that inspired it; Alicia's scheming backfiring on her in unexpected ways, and Alicia inadvertently becoming "reformed". Not "redeemed", because she's still every bit as much of a terrible person she was at the start - but picking up some serious hobbies along the way, and forming a genuine relationship with another human being. Who beats the hell out of people who insult her.

That said, I didn't do any kind of proofreading or anything, so... Apologies in advance if there's anything that doesn't flow quite right. I already notice it didn't really keep my dialogue formatting...

Reactions: prettystupid

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
is there sex scenes? im not downloading if there's no sex pictures to fap to
Well there is like 5 events so far but no CG yet because the developer is still raising money for those sweet images... Well idk about you guys but the writing more than makes up for it, at least to me right now...
But i hope whoever he hires makes a redesing on Aura's plate armor it needs Gold trim! Give us the drip bro... She is suppoused to be a legendary hero, that and new desings for John, Charlotte and Paul xD not just the stock images from rpg maker.
Just wait and see i have a very good feeling this game is gonna explode in popularity as soon as it gets professional made art, which the current one is turning away people who would have given the game a try rigth now otherwise...

Last edited:

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
I have a question: Is there any way to, repeatedly, earn more than the 75 gold per day needed to keep corruption at a standstill (i.e., buying a 150 gold holy water every two days)? Or does your game effectively get softlocked into a dead-end suicide event if you run out of money sources and/or progress too slowly?

Rheavon

May 12, 2018
I have a question: Is there any way to, repeatedly, earn more than the 75 gold per day needed to keep corruption at a standstill (i.e., buying a 150 gold holy water every two days)? Or does your game effectively get softlocked into a dead-end suicide event if you run out of money sources and/or progress too slowly?
From what I have seen you will end into the dead-end suicide event if you progress too slowly. I found this frustrating personally as I ran out of things to spend corruption on with no hint that I had just spent the last of the corruption. I think this will be less of an issue in the future as there will be less corruption spenders that are NYI.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
05841035411 Thanks for your input! Just wanted to let you know I read everything including your short stories! I like how managed to hit the character voices. I'm afraid Star Knightess Aura will stay with its short name as it is. Long LN title style names are just really impractical when you want to share the game. Without URL shorteners which a lot people distrust, it quickly becomes hell. Also I need to reserve the long LN style title variation for one of books in her interests room.

Kurogane Bug will be fixed with 0.5.1 coming tomorrow! As a workaround, you can accept "Lack of Flavor" from the Tavern master in the boar hut. This will prevent the lock from occuring.

Undecided When we reach 1.0, the game will either end with you beating Richard, getting softlocked into the NTR ending, or suiciding if you overextend so much over your limit that you cannot go below your limit with a single mental change. You can also increase Aura's corruption limit by

Reactions: 1Teddy1

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
S
05841035411 Thanks for your input! Just wanted to let you know I read everything including your short stories! I like how managed to hit the character voices. I'm afraid Star Knightess Aura will stay with its short name as it is. Long LN title style names are just really impractical when you want to share the game. Without URL shorteners which a lot people distrust, it quickly becomes hell. Also I need to reserve the long LN style title variation for one of books in her interests room.

Kurogane Bug will be fixed with 0.5.1 coming tomorrow! As a workaround, you can accept "Lack of Flavor" from the Tavern master in the boar hut. This will prevent the lock from occuring.

Undecided When we reach 1.0, the game will either end with you beating Richard, getting softlocked into the NTR ending, or suiciding if you overextend so much over your limit that you cannot go below your limit with a single mental change. You can also increase Aura's corruption limit by

So is it planned to have more than one romantic interest Route besides George and Richard? Lets say John for an Example, dude reminds me of that MC from DxD... XD

Diangelius

Jul 23, 2017
Undecided When we reach 1.0, the game will either end with you beating Richard, getting softlocked into the NTR ending, or suiciding if you overextend so much over your limit that you cannot go below your limit with a single mental change.
It would be really really nice if you could make the NTR avoidable, not because it's a meme question on F95, but because NTR feels much greater when I manage to make the NTR happen by myself, not being forced to. Furthermore, this way would allow me to witness happy ending too.

I haven't played your game yet so I have no idea what happened to the characters in the end but that's just my wish, it's fine if you reject it.

Reactions: Rozenn and 1Teddy1
3.90 star(s) 170 Votes