aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Thank you for your attention and effort! I really didn't expect that!

Launched your version on my Debian 10 desktop PC and it seems to work perfectly. I didn't notice any problems with performance at all!
Wtf okay I didn't expect that to just work. How is Degica not including a Linux export out of the box?
I literally just extracted nwjs-linux into the folder.
I will see if I can include this into the build pipeline by the next release.

Also i DIDNT KNOW that it was that expensive to commission art damn
There's a good reason I put the artist goal at 400. And this is also after filtering out all the super expensive ones.

RottenCitizen

Aug 27, 2020
Wtf okay I didn't expect that to just work. How is Degica not including a Linux export out of the box?
Maybe they think it is just not worth their time to support all of endless amount of different Linux configurations out there.
There may also be some not-yet-seen problems here, for example if you reference same file by path with different letter case you implicitly depend on case-insensitiveness of Windows filesystems. It may not work out of the box on, say, EXT4.

I literally just extracted nwjs-linux into the folder.
Interesting. I failed to make it work. Probably needed to edit 'package.json' or something.
After all, I don't know first thing about Node.js or web development. I deal with classic desktop applications.

As far as things go on my end, if you just package the game in this state and add a link below Windows version, it would be just beautiful!
Honestly, I do not think that you will see a sudden influx of supporters from FOSS community, but you've convinced me to subscribe to your patreon.

Thanks again!

Jan 10, 2018
I have just finished reviewing all artist applications and interviewing my closer selection. See for the remaining canditates.
How long will voting stay open for?

As for my thoughts, I think Sashiman would be great for this project. Having artwork that's just a bit different stylistically is a great way to catch people's attention, and her art is visually distinct in a good way. I was a bit concerned that she couldn't provide a price breakdown, but looking at her gallery, I see that she likes to include a lot of detail - that's probably why it's more complicated in her case.

My second choice would be Emubi; polished and professional. Their art doesn't really stand out to me stylistically, but it's high-quality - and they clearly have experience with more action-oriented scenes. That would be good if you were interested in commissioning artwork for certain non-H scenes in the future.

I wanted to like pmglory's work, since the first picture shown reminded me favorably of 2990's games, but... Looking at the rest of the gallery, they seem to have a distracting case of same-face going on, if you'll forgive the rudeness. I don't think that would be suitable for a game where the characters are meant to be this distinct.

I was unable to review Kimma's work for lack of a gallery. What's shown in the post looks good, but there's not enough variety to make a judgment - and what is there doesn't seem to offer me a reason to recommend them over my other two choices.

Pretty impressive thing you have there. I really admire these kind of details so I wouldn't mind if dev was willing to implement them.
Thank you :) .

The im torn bethwen the 1st two artist.... The 1st one looks the most professional... But the second one reminds me a lot to the Lily Akos game series Art style, hey but its up to you anyway XD

i see tha 05 idk how many numbers is really thirsting for worldbuilding in as many ways as possible still... Dang dude 100+ mini dialogues?
Oh, hey, someone else who's played that series! Honestly, I think I would have recommended them if it weren't for the same-face issue... That would be a real problem with how often the characters talk to each other, I think.

As for the events - it's a lot easier than it sounds, since Aura-dev did the hard part of choosing what to put where. All I need to do is think for a couple of seconds about why it stands out. "Why can't I buy this fish?" "What condition is this armor in?" "What's going on behind the window?"... Just a small tidbit of information that can't be seen just looking at it. Writing something like that is perfect for when I need a distraction from a larger task, but can't get wrapped up in anything more substantial.

Last edited:

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Oh, hey, someone else who's played that series! Honestly, I think I would have recommended them if it weren't for the same-face issue... That would be a real problem with how often the characters talk to each other, I think.

As for the events - it's a lot easier than it sounds, since Aura-dev did the hard part of choosing what to put where. All I need to do is think for a couple of seconds about why it stands out. "Why can't I buy this fish?" "What condition is this armor in?" "What's going on behind the window?"... Just a small tidbit of information that can't be seen just looking at it. Writing something like that is perfect for when I need a distraction from a larger task, but can't get wrapped up in anything more substantial.
"Same-Facey" well i managed to check the rest of the Artwok and the only thing that i can say for sure is "Same" is general eye shape but i do say this could either be a good thing or bad thing.... Good because he most likely knows how to make a lot of different expresions... And bad as you say as to everyone having the same "face" but i think considering that hairstyle and clothness etc is a thing i do say is not much on an issue... Anyway dont tell me you look at that shading and you think is generic dang it adds a ton of personality imo just like 2990(thx fir reminding me of the circle's name).

Well imo it goes:
emubi:art style looks reliable if a bit generic looking, a pretty good choice to play it safe imo

pmglory: looks more like Visual Novel Art style and that shading is the shit just look at it!

sashimisan: hers looks like a watercolored kids story book to me for some reason, waaaaay to cute for how the game is suppoused to be on a very bleak setting later an would be example the slums.

Kimma: cant say anything because i can only see the unfinished drawing and the watermarked one on the page....

I hope pmglory wins yes im completly biased and i dont care xd
And i read ur mini object worldbuilding stuff u did, yes am too thirsting for it :)

Jan 10, 2018
"Same-Facey" well i managed to check the rest of the Artwok and the only thing that i can say for sure is "Same" is general eye shape but i do say this could either be a good thing or bad thing.... Good because he most likely knows how to make a lot of different expresions... And bad as you say as to everyone having the same "face" but i think considering that hairstyle and clothness etc is a thing i do say is not much on an issue... Anyway dont tell me you look at that shading and you think is generic dang it adds a ton of personality imo just like 2990(thx fir reminding me of the circle's name).

Well imo it goes:
emubi:art style looks reliable if a bit generic looking, a pretty good choice to play it safe imo

pmglory: looks more like Visual Novel Art style and that shading is the shit just look at it!

sashimisan: hers looks like a watercolored kids story book to me for some reason, waaaaay to cute for how the game is suppoused to be on a very bleak setting later an would be example the slums.

Kimma: cant say anything because i can only see the unfinished drawing and the watermarked one on the page....

I hope pmglory wins yes im completly biased and i dont care xd
And i read ur mini object worldbuilding stuff u did, yes am too thirsting for it :)
Well, to go into more detail with my complaint - everyone in pmglory's featured gallery has a soft, rounded face. It makes for a distinctive character, but the problem comes when they use a similar model for a different character they drew - by being distinctive in the same way, it ends up feeling like the same character in a different outfit. I'm left feeling like instead of looking at a gallery filled with different characters, it's the same character cosplaying different roles.

Contrast this with emubi's gallery - if you cut the heads off of every character (you monster), the basic shapes are different enough that everyone still looks like different people.

As for Sashimisan's work, take a look at and for her ability to work with darker stuff; she has a pretty broad range from what I can see. Though I think dealing with the slums and such would be more an issue of available tilesets; the idea is to commission standing character pictures and H-scenes, right? I can imagine needing to draw some dirty-looking characters later, but even if the story gets darker, I don't think it will affect the art direction much.

But you're free to favor who you wish, of course :) . I was just clarifying my issue with their work.

And thank you for the compliment; I just finished up doing the same with the forest, actually, and I thought I'd copy it in later tonight :) .

EDIT: Well, just to provide an example of what I mean - these four pictures are supposed to be of different characters. , , , . But to me, they all look the same. Yes, the hair color and eye color are different - but they all still look like the same basic character to me. Noelle is the only one who looks even somewhat different to me, but I'm pretty sure that's because of the hair.

Last edited:

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Heh in the end its up to the patron votes as to who will win, but i took me side and i will die on it and its beautiful shading xd, (also idk if the dev would like get some ideas from ur object description but if he does tha is nice, so keep going i find them amusing).

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
How long will voting stay open for?
2 weeks.

By the way, it's possible for me to check your suggested events and take them over but for these kind of bigger contributions I require a signed that you can send me by mail aura.gamedev@gmail.com.
If you decide to sign it and have RPGM MZ (I see you know what self switches are) it's also possible to directly contribute.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game sucks.. I thought I was suppose to be a hero but than you are betrayed at the beginning.. as soon as I saw how this game is going.. I quit! Shame on me for thinking this was going to be a hero game and turn into a shit fest as I was not wanting to play a corruption game.

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
This game sucks.. I thought I was suppose to be a hero but than you are betrayed at the beginning.. as soon as I saw how this game is going.. I quit! Shame on me for thinking this was going to be a hero game and turn into a shit fest as I was not wanting to play a corruption game.
Did you read the overview or look at the tags?

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
So i when and did the first two mine quest and the bandits straight away on ng+ and the npc that spawns on world map for the devil hunting quest never spawned i must have sequence broken something idk had to go to ng++ after doing the slums (which still worked) to fix it XD this was on v 0.5.0 i think you should try the "i can't/don't need to go here yet" aproach or something to prevent players from locking themselves over with sequence breaking as an early fix for now if the game is meant to be tackle in whatever way you want to go at on later versions? I mean i do like em freedom :p speaking of ng+ is it going to be a requirement to play multiple time to get the True Ending? I mean lots of games do that... But only have 1 True Ending not many has a Good True Ending and a Evil True ending.

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
So i when and did the first two mine quest and the bandits straight away on ng+ and the npc that spawns on world map for the devil hunting quest never spawned i must have sequence broken something idk had to go to ng++ after doing the slums (which still worked) to fix it XD this was on v 0.5.0 i think you should try the "i can't/don't need to go here yet" aproach or something to prevent players from locking themselves over with sequence breaking as an early fix for now if the game is meant to be tackle in whatever way you want to go at on later versions? I mean i do like em freedom :p speaking of ng+ is it going to be a requirement to play multiple time to get the True Ending? I mean lots of games do that... But only have 1 True Ending not many has a Good True Ending and a Evil True ending.
I generally like that it's possible to sequence break and the preconditions for making the demon attack spawn are the "sequence break preventers", actually.
Did you finish "Getting Started" and "Spider Cleanup"?
If you encounter such a bug, please consider sending me your /save folder so I can investigate. :D
As a thank you I could then also manually fix the save for you.

fnray9

Jun 27, 2017
I find it so unnervingly frustrating when an otherwise good Combat based game, Doesn't allow the characters to learn anything from fighting ( No Exp for winning combat !!).

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I find it so unnervingly frustrating when an otherwise good Combat based game, Doesn't allow the characters to learn anything from fighting ( No Exp for winning combat !!).
In this case I am reasonably sure it is a deliberate design choice as having character progress be tied to quest completion rather than battles helps keep the games difficulty and pace to a specific level by preventing farming levels. This also ties into how developing new abilities are gained from access to specific characters as well as having stat pre requisites it all seems to tie into having character advancement tie into deliberate action and progress rather than have it be incidental to doing other things.

The fact that improving Aura takes time and effort is probably meant to be one of the many factors that helps make using the collar and taking the corruption hit a meaningful choice, if Aura could be easily grinded up to high levels of power the choice would be far less meaningful.

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
I generally like that it's possible to sequence break and the preconditions for making the demon attack spawn are the "sequence break preventers", actually.
Did you finish "Getting Started" and "Spider Cleanup"?
If ayou encounter such a bug, please consider sending me your /save folder so I can investigate. :D
As a thank you I could then also manually fix the save for you.
Yes i did those quest as i said he didnt spawn for some reason and i already when into another ng+ so not much you can do to fix it XD anyway thx for the thought thou.

Last edited:

SimplestName

Jul 29, 2019
Will there only be a bad end with Aura being corrupted or are there multiple routes?

Also - and sorry if this was asked before - is there a way to stagnate corruption? Since one is gained every other day, and 25 Aura commits suicide, is there a way to "dump" corruption points without changing anything? (basically how sandboxy is the game/planned to be?)

Haven't played much but enjoying it so far, it's refreshing that's for sure.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Will there only be a bad end with Aura being corrupted or are there multiple routes?

Also - and sorry if this was asked before - is there a way to stagnate corruption? Since one is gained every other day, and 25 Aura commits suicide, is there a way to "dump" corruption points without changing anything? (basically how sandboxy is the game/planned to be?)

Haven't played much but enjoying it so far, it's refreshing that's for sure.
For 1.0 I have planned 2 "standard" endings. A good and a bad one.

It is and will always be possible to do a purity run, though it is quite difficult. You can reduce Corruption with Blessed Water which gets new shipments at story points and by doing a certain action your corruption limit will increase. If you reach end of content you will be able to also go into NG+ with some bonuses.

SimplestName

Jul 29, 2019
For 1.0 I have planned 2 "standard" endings. A good and a bad one.

It is and will always be possible to do a purity run, though it is quite difficult. You can reduce Corruption with Blessed Water which gets new shipments at story points and by doing a certain action your corruption limit will increase. If you reach end of content you will be able to also go into NG+ with some bonuses.
Thanks for the reply. You’ve probably heard this a lot, but I like what is set up with the characters so far. It feels like there’s lots of room for character growth and change such as Alicia becoming a better person or Aura becoming a terrible one (or different levels of “bad,” like a yandere as someone suggested). Not to mention how Rose and George will react along the way. I skimmed some of the other comments and replies and there are exciting ideas and additions that were talked about.

I’m not always a big fan of corruption, but I am a fan of possession and this game mixes them in a fun way (y).

3.90 star(s) 172 Votes