RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I make a mental note to myself where if the corruption and mind control are a main component of the game, I'll go straight for the corruption, but if the story creates a sympathetic protagonist and an unlikable antagonist, I tend to play like a normal RPG.

Because I hate Richard, I don't feel like going the corruption route simply because of how petty and smug he is. Plus, the art is ironically the lowest point for me in this game which makes me not want to view the hentai scenes and just continue with the story.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Conflicted about this game. I like a corruption game, but I actually feel bad for Aura's friends who're getting dumped (mostly Rose). Haven't played too much so don't know how much H is even in this game. I feel like I've done a bunch of quests but am still at level two. Pretty much every combat encounter is hard, and the problem is that it's not telegraphed really well whether I as the player am doing something wrong or if the game basically wants you to unleash the collar in every encounter that isn't the most basic of enemies. In that sense it's pretty annoying that doing ANYTHING basically has you lose a day. I get that's balancing, but it it feels like if you would want to do combat encounters without the collar, you should probably spend two weeks on reading every book and getting every equip bonus you can.

Also bombs not doing area damage is silly. Also I get Light I is the basic spell, but it feels like there is zero reason to use it in any combat encounter I've found so far. It's just a waste of 5 MP.

Feb 11, 2021
Conflicted about this game. I like a corruption game, but I actually feel bad for Aura's friends who're getting dumped (mostly Rose). Haven't played too much so don't know how much H is even in this game. I feel like I've done a bunch of quests but am still at level two. Pretty much every combat encounter is hard, and the problem is that it's not telegraphed really well whether I as the player am doing something wrong or if the game basically wants you to unleash the collar in every encounter that isn't the most basic of enemies. In that sense it's pretty annoying that doing ANYTHING basically has you lose a day. I get that's balancing, but it it feels like if you would want to do combat encounters without the collar, you should probably spend two weeks on reading every book and getting every equip bonus you can.

Also bombs not doing area damage is silly. Also I get Light I is the basic spell, but it feels like there is zero reason to use it in any combat encounter I've found so far. It's just a waste of 5 MP.
I forgot how I did it but I found a way to make 1k easy to upgrade my sword after clearing the first forest map quests. Then you can clear enemy camps usually 3 a day without going overboard with wasting your heals. I only need the super form for map bosses but I'm sure they can be defeated without it. Human enemies are the hardest and require luck (bomb attack takes 90% of your health no matter how tanky you are but they might spare you from it in turn 1 and 2). I only learned fire 1 spell and reached level 3 to where the demo ends. I never used books(money and time is better spent on smithy upgrades) or abused collar form for ever battle.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
The following things are things I can't find in the new update:
  • Extended choices to support hidden options
  • Extended choices to support special colors under special conditions
  • Added stub area "Riverflow"
  • Added area "Riverflow: Upstream Forest"
Seems like Riverflow can't be entered before talking to Edwyn. I thought I was supposed to meet Edwin there.

Jan 10, 2018

One thing that's important to remember about the combat is that enemies don't respawn - you're free to take down a few of them, then go back and heal for the day. And on occasion, there's not even a reason to fight anything but the bosses - most quests in the mines only require the death of the bosses, for instance, and spiderlings drop nothing.

Beyond that... Well, as Aura laments at one point, everything is about money, money, money. You only get a stat point here and a stat point there, but each stat point goes a long way in this game - just a couple pieces of Insectizoid Armor will dramatically improve your survivability. Which does, admittedly, mean finding and killing a couple of the Young Spider Queens first, but once you struggle past the first couple of bosses and use their items to enhance your armor, things will get a lot easier for you. And as another important point, you should definitely learn Pierce from Paul as early as possible - it's a massive help. Oh, and almost everything (that isn't a boss) can be ambushed - getting a free round is a huge advantage.

And while it's true that your magic doesn't do much damage until you invest a decent amount in Magic Attack... It's important to note that magic is the easiest way to gain Tactical Advantage, and getting a guaranteed crit while boosting your evasion is pretty powerful. If you use that right before a Pierce or Rampage, you can set up a really powerful attack.

If you'd like more specific advice with a given area, though, I'd be happy to help - I never used the collar in combat for any of the current content.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
The following things are things I can't find in the new update:
  • Extended choices to support hidden options
  • Extended choices to support special colors under special conditions
  • Added stub area "Riverflow"
  • Added area "Riverflow: Upstream Forest"
Seems like Riverflow can't be entered before talking to Edwyn. I thought I was supposed to meet Edwin there.
The first one is just a technicallity that chocies which were previously labelled with (???) now only appear in the choice menu when their condition is fulfilled.

For the second, try chugging a bunch of Vitality Potions or the Sweet Memories drug and then trigger a lewd scene.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
One thing that's important to remember about the combat is that enemies don't respawn - you're free to take down a few of them, then go back and heal for the day. And on occasion, there's not even a reason to fight anything but the bosses - most quests in the mines only require the death of the bosses, for instance, and spiderlings drop nothing.

Beyond that... Well, as Aura laments at one point, everything is about money, money, money. You only get a stat point here and a stat point there, but each stat point goes a long way in this game - just a couple pieces of Insectizoid Armor will dramatically improve your survivability. Which does, admittedly, mean finding and killing a couple of the Young Spider Queens first, but once you struggle past the first couple of bosses and use their items to enhance your armor, things will get a lot easier for you. And as another important point, you should definitely learn Pierce from Paul as early as possible - it's a massive help. Oh, and almost everything (that isn't a boss) can be ambushed - getting a free round is a huge advantage.

And while it's true that your magic doesn't do much damage until you invest a decent amount in Magic Attack... It's important to note that magic is the easiest way to gain Tactical Advantage, and getting a guaranteed crit while boosting your evasion is pretty powerful. If you use that right before a Pierce or Rampage, you can set up a really powerful attack.

If you'd like more specific advice with a given area, though, I'd be happy to help - I never used the collar in combat for any of the current content.
Well, it's just everything really. I fight most of the enemies because I want to make sure I don't get back attacked when I'm not paying attention. If enemies don't respawn, why not give some exp? That way you avoid grinding anyway, but you help people who aren't too good at the game or who made some poor choices by giving them some leeway. I think fighting enemies gives you a little bit of gold, but why not just give some more rewards if you are taking them down?

I can give two examples that stood out to me; random encounters where you fight two mature spiders and the baby spiders and the avian. The spider fight was a pain because taking out the mature one takes about three hits. The problem is that if even one of them casts Web on you (let alone both of them), you are just done for, or you will find yourself in a situation where you're basically munching on apples until the negative effect of Web runs out. I had sharpened my sword already and upgraded my armour once, but this is kind of a game design problem imo; I've played plenty of games (H or otherwise) and it feels unnatural to me to just spend all my money on buffing equipment. It feels like that's the way to break the game and rush to a victory, like playing a looter shooter and finding a gun with 2489 DPS on your first drop or something. With the avian, Charlotte says "Protect me and I'll kill it with fire!" I had Aura cast Light and Brittle on it and then spent all the other turns Protect'ing Charlotte which was useless because once the Avian got pissed it hit both of us with a 148 damage attack. At that point again, I'm left wondering "Should I hold off on this quest for more skills/equipment/levels or does the game just want me to rip off the collar?"

Feb 11, 2021
Well, it's just everything really. I fight most of the enemies because I want to make sure I don't get back attacked when I'm not paying attention. If enemies don't respawn, why not give some exp? That way you avoid grinding anyway, but you help people who aren't too good at the game or who made some poor choices by giving them some leeway. I think fighting enemies gives you a little bit of gold, but why not just give some more rewards if you are taking them down?

I can give two examples that stood out to me; random encounters where you fight two mature spiders and the baby spiders and the avian. The spider fight was a pain because taking out the mature one takes about three hits. The problem is that if even one of them casts Web on you (let alone both of them), you are just done for, or you will find yourself in a situation where you're basically munching on apples until the negative effect of Web runs out. I had sharpened my sword already and upgraded my armour once, but this is kind of a game design problem imo; I've played plenty of games (H or otherwise) and it feels unnatural to me to just spend all my money on buffing equipment. It feels like that's the way to break the game and rush to a victory, like playing a looter shooter and finding a gun with 2489 DPS on your first drop or something. With the avian, Charlotte says "Protect me and I'll kill it with fire!" I had Aura cast Light and Brittle on it and then spent all the other turns Protect'ing Charlotte which was useless because once the Avian got pissed it hit both of us with a 148 damage attack. At that point again, I'm left wondering "Should I hold off on this quest for more skills/equipment/levels or does the game just want me to rip off the collar?"
Avian fight goes like: turn 1 use a bomb + fire 1 (if Avian kills charlotte reset)
Turn 2 protect
Turn 3 I believe is when Avian charges his attack which is another bomb and fire 1 (he should trigger his 25% health stat boost)
Turn 4 Avian kills charlotte or aura, your leftover unit will finish the job with a bomb or fire 1.
Turn

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
The first one is just a technicallity that chocies which were previously labelled with (???) now only appear in the choice menu when their condition is fulfilled.

For the second, try chugging a bunch of Vitality Potions or the Sweet Memories drug and then trigger a lewd scene.
Does that mean that if you've already learned things from John, the other guy and had compensated dating... you can't test it? You'd have to restart? I don't really know of a way to trigger a lewd scene other than the scripted ones.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Avian fight goes like: turn 1 use a bomb + fire 1 (if Avian kills charlotte reset)
Turn 2 protect
Turn 3 I believe is when Avian charges his attack which is another bomb and fire 1 (he should trigger his 25% health stat boost)
Turn 4 Avian kills charlotte or aura, your leftover unit will finish the job with a bomb or fire 1.
Turn
Alternatively Protect while he's flying, and when he does his Windup, hit Guard.
I think hitting Guard whenver somebody does Windup helps in many fights.
Once Avian is on the ground he gains EXHAUSTED and Aura can pummel him dead.
Having Defensive Stance my help in case of very low stats.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Does that mean that if you've already learned things from John, the other guy and had compensated dating... you can't test it? You'd have to restart? I don't really know of a way to trigger a lewd scene other than the scripted ones.
If you reach the end of content, you can watch the "pink" version of the unlocked scenes in the Clear Room, without having to restart.

Jan 10, 2018

I don't have any special insight into the developer's reasoning on this point, but I do think that it's for the best that enemies don't give xp in this game; it would make it more difficult to balance, when the game seems pretty fine-tuned to me. With how much freedom you're already given in what order you can pursue your objectives, it would make it particularly difficult if they also had to account for a wider range of levels. Though on that point, I do think it would be a good idea to include an "easy mode" later on; I personally enjoy the gameplay, but I can certainly see why some people would appreciate a more straightforward experience.

With regards to it feeling "unnatural" to spend all of your money on equipment... I'm afraid I just can't agree. This game approaches it from a slightly different direction, but in most games I've played, improving your equipment was a pretty important part of growing stronger.

And it's true, at certain times you might find yourself up against a fight that you just don't feel ready for, but... The game is pretty open. If one area seems like something you're not ready for, there are other places you can go, and many paths you can take to get stronger. If the forest feels too strong, you can spend some time in the mines; if the mines feel too hard, you can spend some time in the forest. If both feel too strong, you can spend some time making money with the blacksmith while you consider just where your approach is lacking and work out ways to improve the specific stats you need. And that's just if you want to brute force things - most fights, random encounters included, have ways to make them significantly easier.

As for the specific examples you gave...

With regards to the mature spiders, I don't think I was ever there at a time where it took me more than two hits per spider (did you do the duels first? I recall that being an important early source of Attack), but... This would definitely be a time where Tactical Advantage would be useful for you. Even at its most basic, Fire 1 or Light 1 should be (haven't tested it) enough to take out a spiderling, and set you up to kill a Mature Spiderling the the guaranteed critical. This is less helpful for fights with two Mature Spiderlings, but there's only a couple of those in the quest; with four rounds necessary to take down both Mature Spiderlings, two of which you should get a strong evasion boost for, luck should be on your side. That said, I would probably wait until you can kill them in two hits without Advantage, so that you don't need to spend MP on the fights.

While others have given you their own take on the Avian fight, personally, I stole his gold to force him to fight on the ground, attacked him from behind for the free round, let Charlotte boost my attack while I cast Brittle, Light, and then Rampaged to kill him in one hit - I had fairly high attack at that point, but it should definitely work at lower levels since I killed him on the first Rampage hit with that.

nightlover

Mar 2, 2018
well you can always alternate between reading book, clearing goblin and doing blacksmith assistance to gain stats at the early game

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
So any word on Emubi's shaded sprite? Coz I don't think it was exactly fair to pit a finished product againts an unfinished one...

3.90 star(s) 174 Votes