Noon_Shadow

Nov 7, 2018
For 1.0, do we expect the game to be missing CGs but Features+Story complete? Or should the 1.0 release be a pretty definitive experience, with only bug, grammar, and balance fixes afterward?

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
For 1.0, do we expect the game to be missing CGs but Features+Story complete? Or should the 1.0 release be a pretty definitive experience, with only bug, grammar, and balance fixes afterward?
I'm pretty sure the 1.0 is going to be the two main story endings and all the major CGs completed. Aura-dev hasn't gone into great details about the plans after the 1.0 release, but it is likely going to be more than just fixes. Expanding some side content into full on paths to bad ends was one thing that came up a while ago. Specifically, there was a consideration to extend the Arwin maid content into an ending before he decided to give the clear gem at the start of the game. I would also be surprised if there isn't some content that was cut to streamline the main story that gets revisited once the 1.0 release is finished.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
It probably won't happen, but I'm hoping for a chapter 2 resistance route. Once Aura starts trusting Alicia, it all becomes an unstoppable snowball with a few mostly predictable speedbumps.

Either that or a Chapter 3 where Aura is not already so brainwashed that the revelation just serves to gaslight her further. It would be interesting to have an actual reset where she knows exactly what the curse did and who was involved, but is still under the effects. What we have now is just sad to watch, it's insufferable snobs brainwashing another insufferable snob who's barely resisting anymore.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
There's definitely going to be CG missing, but I hope those keep getting added in the coming weeks and months.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021

1.0 will be a stand-alone, complete, and self-contained game at the current level of quality.
The only scenes without CGs are the ones that work without it, e.g. lewd books.

2.0 will focus on raising the game's quality by expanding the game with "width", that is pursuing optional content, choices, reactive content, branching content and similar. An example for 2.0 type content would be adding an additional way to get to the Festival by doing a third Maid Job which could then lead to an additional ending. Progressing the Hermann event branch would be another example. Or to move into the domain of Earth corruption scenes, making Appearance Mental Changes more dynamic, for example, by giving Alicia an additional choice when picking an outfit or a hair color.

I based my development roadmap on how Larian Games developed Divinity Original Sin 1/2. 2.0 is similar to their Enhanced Edition versions.

Last edited:

Noon_Shadow

Nov 7, 2018
It probably won't happen, but I'm hoping for a chapter 2 resistance route. Once Aura starts trusting Alicia, it all becomes an unstoppable snowball with a few mostly predictable speedbumps.

Either that or a Chapter 3 where Aura is not already so brainwashed that the revelation just serves to gaslight her further. It would be interesting to have an actual reset where she knows exactly what the curse did and who was involved, but is still under the effects. What we have now is just sad to watch, it's insufferable snobs brainwashing another insufferable snob who's barely resisting anymore.
I will say that one thing is missing is that if you go for a Purity Route-zero mental changes-the scene where Alicia's history is revealed could definitely acknowledge it. "That's why I couldn't bring myself to change Aura, a part of me is still trying to protect her." It's not necessary or anything but it ties into the reveal, and explains why Alicia has spent probably 100 days or more by that point just not using any corruption points.

Aura's also a bit off during that sequence, too, if you're playing her as uncorrupted. I understand why she's completely shutting down Sathanas' attempt to come off as sympathetic because it's all trite and selfish. Dolus is actually somewhat sympathetic based on what we know, and Aura is very compassionate if you haven't started building up her vices.

I'm not going to complain about the writing generally, though, because I really like Aura and Richard as characters much more than some other people who I've seen discussing the story. Richard just being unapologetically evil with a twisted sort of Nietzschean worldview is what I like in villains.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
Yes to both... I can only trade right after sex for drugs trade it seems and only once....
I suggest reading the description for Eyes of Greed, as it explains what's happening to you.

All in all, it sounds like you've done a little too much of the corrupt stuff and you're stuck at low willpower.

The solution to Eyes of Greed is to do everything else (like fighting) first and then what purchases you can right before ending the day.

Reactions: Comisar

Shadrag7

Nov 18, 2019
The way the corruption route goes I would really be looking forward to a fight between the corrupted heroine and the true hero.
Tbh there are a lot of side characters I would love to see more of. Like I dont have any expectations of George and Rose but Patricia Veronica and Alicia are really intriguing

Reactions: brandonboi

rendbend1

Feb 6, 2018
The logic for saving the refugee from the bandit camp seems to be buggy. After killing all the bandits in the forest as well as their leader he wouldn't leave; I had to fight my way through the underground bandits before he finally went away.

neets

Apr 26, 2018
I am getting this line "I dont really know what's written in this book" from Aura if trying to read the book "master class technique to make the male" I am on day 105

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
The logic for saving the refugee from the bandit camp seems to be buggy. After killing all the bandits in the forest as well as their leader he wouldn't leave; I had to fight my way through the underground bandits before he finally went away.
After killing all the bandits in the forest, you need to leave by going to the south (in other words, open the southern shortcut and go to the overmap), and then come back to him; at that point he'll thank you for clearing an escape route for him, and he'll then be at the refugee camp whenever you go there

Reactions: Zarkhy

rendbend1

Feb 6, 2018
I did that, it didn't help. Also left, saved, reloaded, went back to the forest. I really needed to kill more bandits before the refugee finally went home.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
I did that, it didn't help. Also left, saved, reloaded, went back to the forest. I really needed to kill more bandits before the refugee finally went home.
Haven't done that particular bit in a while, but I've had no issue getting the refugee to leave when doing as instructed.

Are you sure you didn't miss some guards somewhere?

Zeusfucktheworld

Aug 4, 2021
So uhm quick question: What can I do about those neg. modifiers? The game is pretty much unplayable now...
1720128359707.png
I assume they were caused by those two circles?:
1720128543869.png
But don't have a safe in front of that anymore and really don't want to backtrack hours of gameplay. Modifying the gamefiles doesn't help, as those modifiers increase with my ATK value.
My willpower is almost full and I doubt the debuff would be this severe.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
So uhm quick question: What can I do about those neg. modifiers? The game is pretty much unplayable now...
View attachment 3799116
I assume they were caused by those two circles?:
View attachment 3799122
But don't have a safe in front of that anymore and really don't want to backtrack hours of gameplay. Modifying the gamefiles doesn't help, as those modifiers increase with my ATK value.
My willpower is almost full and I doubt the debuff would be this severe.
No, traps have very small but permanent effects like -1 Willpower. I'm guessing the -ATK and -AGI is from Defensive Stance and the -Mana is from an Enhance spell like Water Skin.

3.90 star(s) 177 Votes