smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
it's so annoying that you cannot use the previos version of spells/skills, like light1 or piercing1... newer versions are too manaintensive or hp intensive and in a lot of time the lower version is enough. should be addressed by dev...
I don't disagree with you that it can be annoying, but skills upgrading is clearly an intentional choice, so I don't see it changing. There are also advantages to the system. The biggest one off the top of my head is that it makes the skill menus much less cluttered than they would be if each version of each skill existed. It also makes parsing what the various debuffs do much easier.

k2ren

Jun 13, 2023
I don't disagree with you that it can be annoying, but skills upgrading is clearly an intentional choice, so I don't see it changing. There are also advantages to the system. The biggest one off the top of my head is that it makes the skill menus much less cluttered than they would be if each version of each skill existed. It also makes parsing what the various debuffs do much easier.
that can be changed, either be able to choose the level of skill after you select it, or have a toggle on options to show lower level skills, or have a button (like shift) in which if you press it on the spell then it switches to different level or if you press the spell while holding shift then the level selection comes up. etc.

so there are many ways to implement it. UI and quality of life is already very good in this game so dev clearly pays attention to little things so i dont see how this cannot be done.

3.90 star(s) 183 Votes