Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
StarLord Games
Alrighty, gave it a play, and I figured I could give a short review of the demo.

Stuff I liked:
- The character creator/customizer looks really nice. I like the options that are there, and can see how it can be expanded upon.
- The world as far as I have seen it (maybe I missed something due to some stuff I'll talk about in a bit) looks absolutely gorgeous. Honestly, if I didn't know any better, I'd think this was an official game, because just about everything I have seen (the characters, the buildings, etc) looks very nicely done, and it shows that you put a lot of work into it.
- I liked the background score :D

Stuff I think could improve:
- Unlock the settings XD IDK if this is a bug, but they were greyed out for me, which kinda miffed me with the sound being a bit too loud.
- Kinda ties into the settings-thing, but the controls were a bit too sensitive for my liking, especially the mouse (might be a bit of a personal issue, since I use a trackball, but there should be an option to adjust reactivity IMHO). That made it a bit hard to play.

Now, I couldn't do too much due to Unity being Unity and not wanting to play with my computer (the game froze a few times, along with just about everything else), but from what I've seen, I am really looking forward to when the game actually becomes a game and not just a sandbox to run around in :p Was it worth the wait? Some might disagree, but with everything I've seen... yeah, I do think so.

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018
to the the new Tech Demo

You need 5 Gb of free space to extract the zip.

7767 the thread needs an update.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020
Hmmm, why so modest? Let's go right this way until 2069 :)

By the way, so what do I have here? Oooops, this is a Now this was unexpected, right? :)
Come on in and download it, what are you waiting for? :)
praise the daughter, son and father (not abeloth, she´s a bitch)

• Haha
Reactions: Nevrius

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Nevrius, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it, although in my opinion (perhaps too perfectionistic :)) there is still work and work to do.

By the way, the location should look a little better, the problem crept in when assembling the game and as a result the shadows look too dark, almost black, which should not be. If you paid attention to the picture on the loading screen, then this is exactly what the settlement should look like. But this is fixable, in the next updates I will fix everything.
As for the settings, the button is blocked on purpose, since the settings menu is not ready yet, but it is and will also appear in the update. In addition, I will take into account your wishes about the sensitivity of the control.

Dagoraath

Mar 21, 2022
Thanks for this demo StarLord Games, it looks promising! :PogChamp:

About the settings in next updates, can you also add keyboard key binding functionalty?
It's hard to play without a qwerty keyboard in the current state of the demo :)

And you should also force mouse capture in game: my mouse cursor showed up on the game screen and even went free on my second screen during my game.

Anyway, good work so far with the assets and the world created, keep going like that ;)
I'll follow your work to keep in touch with the next updates, I can't wait to see them :D

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
IN GENERAL & CHARACTER CREATOR
So the tech-demo looks cool, quite impressive, really like the graphics, the character creator works fine, of course there could be more faces to pick, more hairstyles, and other features, and for Zabrak, that would be cool if there will be white or some color similar to silver of carnation, like ya have one in Jedi Academy, what i really like in character looks, are hairstyles textures, and the customization of lightsaber, ya can not use in the demo, and of course just like Nevrius said, unlock the settings options,

CHARACTER MOVEMENT & CAMERA STUFF
the movement is quite good, but there's no sound when your character is running, i didn't hear any sound where character is jumping, the jumping phase can be glitchy when re jumping from sprint phase, or while walking up the stairs. In cantina, player can jump over the bar table, by clicking "space" and there's glitched or not animation at all, the character is standing straight position. There's place behind the barman where is some kind of invincible wall and ya can't jump on it, the camera movement could be better calibrated, and visible coursor mouse need to vanish, and need to get calibrated and get the dot on the middle of the screen like all games do, cause the camera movement is choatic now, btw the simple parqour like vault system to jump over the small cover structures would nice to have. . .

IN GENERAL ARCHITECTURE & SOUNDS
the city looks super cool, the background score is really impressive, but with the doors, ya can easly glitch the doors, by walking to them to the trigger point few times, and go back, after that, the interior of the building is glitched, the textures are not the same, or lightning is glitched, Buildings are nicely done, not all locked doors have the sound of "locked" state,

NPC & ARCHITECTURE GROUNDS-STUFF
In the game there's some gates without textures, all npcs and some interiors don't have collisions, just like Banhtas and some spidders, light bulbs on the ground in cantinas, the stage with the pole, or just the dancer, are lacking of collisions, and the computers & chairs inside the Imperial Base area, don't have collisions too.

THOUGHTS | CONCLUSION & THREAD RATE
if i was rating this thread now that would be a 1.5/5 with gusts to 2/5 stars rate, but looking to it as a tech-demo, which it is, showing what this game will look like. . . i will wait longer, and rate the thread when the more or less playable version* of the build will be released - but i need to say, this game with all fixes and for example implemented of combat system, and some quests, i would rate this thread at 3/5 in gusts to 4/5.

* playable version, i mean the build that is completed, where, is some action, some fighting gameplay, just some gameplay, that shows us for example how in game cutscenes, UI & UX, fighting style works,

i am looking forward to see more, new builds

so here's some screenshots from the game. . .
adawdwadawdaw.png Bez tytuładawu.png Bez tytułu.png fsgssafsd.png

and the last thing
7767 the thread needs an update.

Last edited:

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Well I'll be damned, I honestly had given up on this one.

My thoughts:
- Really felt the lack of a map/minimap. I know it's a tech demo and didn't actually expect one, but I really felt the lack here. As a good interactive map is something that generally requires good integration, probably something to look at sooner than later. This will become especially important as story elements start making it in, and there is a need to find/navigate to specific locations (if you've ever played SWTOR, they have a good map/minimap system)
- Especially like the character designer, and can't wait for clothing options
- Releases could use release notes (not an issue with the game itself of course). There isn't much for the initial release of course, but having more itemized release notes will make it easier for people to test (easier to "push the boundaries" if you know where they are)

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Are you here?
Then and see how it all should look in reality :)
Fixed the bug with lighting was fixed, due to which the entire location of the Mos Phalla was much darker than it should be (perhaps you thought that it should be so, but not, it shouldn't). In addition, several small glitches have been corrected that you maybe not even meet, but do you need it at all? :)

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Nice evening in Mos Phalla cantina :)

This is small night event in the cantina, which will appear in the next update. Of course, what's in the video is just the beginning :)

Reactions: Hotlisa