Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
Then what are you doing here? Pretending to be "Gotham Knight" and generously saving naive people from being scammed? As for me, people like you are much worse than real scammers.
Your Logic just blew my mind... so for you, he's worse than scammers (meaning you) because he's trying to wave off people who fall for your scam (meaning people who's money you want)?

you don't even put any effort making a good scam... you literally post a tech demo and 2 years later post bug fixes for that 2 year old tech demo that is nothing but a character creator... W-T-F

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
you literally post a tech demo and 2 years later post bug fixes for that 2 year old tech demo
So you haven't even seen the last demo? Cool, dude. Himself invented himself offended?
And these people accuse me of something...

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So you haven't even seen the last demo? Cool, dude. Himself invented himself offended?
I did look at the last demo, and frankly didn't pay enough attention to the thread to notice that it was posted 3 years ago. What I saw in the demo really doesn't seem like nearly enough for 3 years of active development time, though that's between you and your actual paying supporters.

It does seem a fair bit like a scam, and a quick read through the thread seems like there are a lot of alternate accounts spamming praise, though it can be a bit hard to tell with low post accounts,

Currently there's not enough to really post a review, and this is frankly more of a proof of concept and not a demo. It'd get a 1 star currently, since there's (from what I can find) nothing there, actual review is as follows.

It's got decent graphics, but that's about it.

There's no settings menu. I don't necessarily expect anything huge there, but at least an in game option to adjust volume and mouse sensitivity would go a long way, especially since Unity has those already.

The walking and running animations feel off to me, they remind me of older games. The torso of the player doesn't move side to side, but the legs move way out side to side. The movement just feels a bit un-natural.

Character creation is pretty minimal. You get the choice of background (currently only clothing), a few hair choices / colors, race, piercings / tattoos / scar, and nothing else. It's a demo and "early" development, so not a deal killer, but not great.

There's nothing to do or interact with. You spawn into generic tatooine map #3456 and can walk around and see various NPCs. That's it. The only other character with any animations (at least I don't recall the NPC's having an idle animation) is a Twilek dancer, who you can just clip through both her and her stage. I didn't find anything else, no characters to talk to, nothing to interact with, nothing.

Pay no mind to these people. If they don't like it, they should develop their own game.
People can have opinions and critiques without actually doing a thing themselves. I can read a book and call it shit without having to write one myself, I can find a movie boring as fuck without being a director, I can call a developer shitty due to how they act and what their game is like without being a developer.

Saying someone shouldn't be able to voice their opinion on something without doing it themselves is a shitty take and basically leaves you with nothing but a positive talk echo chamber, which I find far worse for development. See the discord server for Hreinn Games (Kingdom of Deception and Noxian Nights developer) as an example of positive only echo chamber. Any asking about things like "what about the thing you promised years ago" gets you banned from it, leaving nothing but endless praise for the developer. Actual game progress from Hreinn has gone to shit.

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
yeah keep talking as if... wont change the fact that your 2-3 year old "demo" says more about your "project" than whatever BS you or your sock accounts can post here.
l2scam, take hints from eromancer

Last edited:
Reactions: jamonserrano

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
souldead341, yes, there is no interactive and story part yet. It will appear in the next update, which I have spoken about many times over the past few months.

On this note, I close the conversation on this topic. From now on, I only respond to comments related to the project. Anyone who wants to discuss the game, share an opinion or submit an idea is welcome.
Well, others - you can continue to litter the topic. Just accept it as a fact that your comments will in no way change the real state of affairs, which is not at all what you imagined for yourself.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: souldead341

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Sees game in Latest Updates
Checks Thread Started date
Checks Changelog
Checks author's first demo post from 2019 in a different thread:
Hey everyone!

So, Force is with us and the first demo version of the game is finally released :) As you remember, this is only a demo of the character customization system, however many of you have expressed a desire to play with it, therefore - please! :)

At the moment, not all of the plans have been implemented in the system, but something will probably change in the future, however, in general, you can read it and create your own unique Jedi. And yes, share screenshots of the results, I'm also interested :)

In addition, I will be grateful for the screenshots or at least just descriptions of all found bugs and other problems, without them, after all, most likely will not do :)

So - go ahead, to a far, far galaxy!
Checks patreon: 313 PATRONS €1,322 PER MONTH
"yeeeeeahhhh... no"

elstupidwolf

Jun 2, 2017
Sees game in Latest Updates
Checks Thread Started date
Checks Changelog
Checks author's first demo post from 2019 in a different thread:

Checks patreon: 313 PATRONS €1,322 PER MONTH
"yeeeeeahhhh... no"
Yeah, same here.
First time I see this, I download without looking at anything.
Seems interesting.
Litteraly an empty map with terrible collisions, nothing to do.
3 years for this? Like come on dude.

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Haha, It's just a character creator, followed by the classic Star Wars opening aaaaand the end.
Don't bother with it.

Like pretty much all games of this type, probably it will forever be a tech demo. Maybe adding some moving models to do something that appears to be lifeless sex along a 3 year development until the hopeful patreon drones catch on.
This Loqic character had the right idea back in 2019 it seems. How smart and amazing! Probably handsome too I guess!
Someone should donate some money to him so he can continue to warn people not to waste their money.

:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: xtraax

Derpasourusrex

Sep 4, 2018
HOT DAMN, welcome back bro. Been waiting to see updates on any custom character star wars parody games. Nice too finally see a public update.

smgkfn

Aug 25, 2019
i should take a look into comments first date infront of downloading anything lol
2019, 3 years of demo and i sugess no progress if he whoever is scaming around here
works in this speed furture on it will be lets say release rdy in 2119 or so :rolleyes:

Feb 24, 2018
The original download link is ONLY available on Mega. Everything else has nothing to do with me and my project and is not recommended for download. If you still downloaded a file from a dubious place and caught a virus, it's only your fault.

As for other technical issues, such as bugs or flaws, most of them are known and I'm working on fixing them. It is advisable to express your wishes regarding the visual component, character, control and other things in , there is also a separate branch for describing the bugs found.
As for the gameplay and story component - as I said (1001 times) - all this will appear in the next updates.
so no comment on the whole scam thing