Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Greetings,
Yes, still plugging away, working on getting a purely Male Commander focused Alpha pretty soon. Work has never stopped, but I may have not been as active posting here as I should be. Once Episode 9 is out the door I'm going to be reorganizing things and trying to do better time management around the fact I'm the stay at home parent dealing with a very very active infant, soon to be very very active toddler.

This episode is also victim to some feature creep in a way, 15 characters for crew interaction in the Aloshan story, each with two scenes and all with a unique sex scene (compared to Episode 8 where all sex scenes followed the same formula and were in the same environment), and still doing the Hegemony story along side it... going to have to keep that under control going forward (which in our Season 2 note board we have started already doing very rough ideas and the episodes are a bit more manageable, focusing on small groups and a bit more episodic (kinda like how Episode 5 was a bit self-contained and focused on a smaller group)).

Episode 9 when released is going to be over 1000 images, there's over 40 pages of dialogue and descriptions, and there's just been massive constraints on my time. I'm thankful that most people seem to be very understanding, but I also know I should post more so people know what's going on.

And to sweeten the post, here's a glimpse of what I'm working on after Episode 9 is released:
View attachment 1279777
A Codex! One of the most requested features will finally be implemented. There's only this one mock up for far and it's not a final mock up even. Nothing of this is going to be touched until AFTER the Episode 9 Public Release and some time fixing bugs and such.

Don't worry, I will post an actual Episode 9 teaser collage or something after the MC Alpha is out.

~DrMadDoc47
Kids come first, dude. Do what you have to do.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
So the op is Dec 2, 2020, but the thread is still going, and game development is up to date,
Which means there are no leak / pirate version shared here, this is a thread for the dev marketing their game?

Dreadder

Nov 9, 2017
So the op is Dec 2, 2020, but the thread is still going, and game development is up to date,
Which means there are no leak / pirate version shared here, this is a thread for the dev marketing their game?
The dev also releases the public version a few weeks after the Patreon release but the reason for no new version here since then is, that the dev hasn't released new version since then. ;)

Reactions: Lillen B.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
The dev also releases the public version a few weeks after the Patreon release but the reason for no new version here since then is, that the dev hasn't released new version since then. ;)
Oh :ROFLMAO:, I thought it's another case like Hornstown or Carnal Coup

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
If I'm not mistaken it's been now 2 years since the last real update...
pussy1.png
I mean Doc's still posting but so did Gumdrop over on the Dual Family Discord...

So I guess the Crew of the Inanna found their true calling?!?
melken-marco.gif

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
View attachment 1434501
I mean Doc's still posting but so did Gumdrop over on the Dual Family Discord...

Bit harsh. In this time we've had covid and docs had a kid. They stream practically every week and released an alpha a short while ago.

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
View attachment 1434501

View attachment 1434502
I take offense to this but I can understand it at the same time. I stream weekly doing work for Patrons, I upload pretty much weekly artwork for Crewman+ backers (I would say monthly for Ensign+ backers but that feel to the side with the Episode 9 completion taking priority). I do commissions as often and as quickly as I can. I have short stories, a TTRPG version, and more that are also in the works. I also have a life outside of anything related to SI. I'm a first time stay at home parent in the middle of a global pandemic who also need to have a side job.
But that all said, I understand the frustration and the belief that I'm milking. The vast majority of my streams are for Patrons only, the vast majority of artwork is for Patrons only. The updates have been mostly for Patrons only. My Patrons would not be sticking around if I was showing no progress or no work being done, but I can understand the feeling from people who aren't seeing the work.
I will work on improving my communication with fans who are not Patrons going forward.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
Bit harsh.
I take offense to this
I know - yet other Devs managed to somewhat keep to their schedule no matter if they do this full time or just as a sidegig.
Before you say anything, go back a few pages and you'll see that I follow this one since 2016 and usually defend it as I know that you (Doc) are rather slow but in the end 2 years are 2 fucking years.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I know - yet other Devs managed to somewhat keep to their schedule no matter if they do this full time or just as a sidegig.
Before you say anything, go back a few pages and you'll see that I follow this one since 2016 and usually defend it as I know that you (Doc) are rather slow but in the end 2 years are 2 fucking years.
Believe me, I didn't want it to take two years either. I can't change the fact I was overwhelmed by life and have stated why I was overwhelmed numerous times. I wanted Episode 9 to be out for over a year now. Things took much longer than we all wanted, hell, when I started Episode 9 I wanted to be done with Episode 10 by now and moving on to the Season Finale. All I can do is try and change to meet that challenge in the next episode and the rest going forward, I cant change how the past two years (which let's be honest fucked a lot of people up) delayed things despite my best efforts.

Mythal

Oct 25, 2018
Will this game ever come to Steam, and if so when? I'm personally not really a fan of using patreon, but i'd love to support through buying the game on Steam. After having played the free content, i'd easly pay 50-60€ for it there.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Will this game ever come to Steam, and if so when? I'm personally not really a fan of using patreon, but i'd love to support through buying the game on Steam. After having played the free content, i'd easly pay 50-60€ for it there.
Aneth ara.

I intend on putting the game on Steam, but not until Season 1 is complete (episode 11 is the finale.) Then I'll be doing some clean up on dialogue and art for a Steam release of Season 1.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Doing a devstream tonight starting in about an hour, working on a scattering of sex scene images that are left over for Episode 9. Come by and talk SI lore or other things.

Reactions: lockerxx and haooni
3.90 star(s) 29 Votes