whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Genuinely wondering how MadDocs still has patreon subs like damn he mustve really lucked out on the loyalty department to be able to not deliver for 2 years and still have 144 patreons
I try not to worry about what other people do, with their money.
That's their business, not mine.
I might not agree, if it were my money, but it's not. If they're happy to continue paying, then good luck to them.
Some games just do have strong fans.
Shit, Milfy City didn't update for much longer than this & people were still paying, in large numbers.

To be precise, Jan 14th 2020 is not 2 years, until next year (I know, only 3 months, but allow me a moment of pedantism).
Anyway, in that case think yourself lucky that you're a pirate, not a patron and get his game here, for free, for both your sakes. (y)

Last edited:

aj1

Aug 5, 2016
Genuinely wondering how MadDocs still has patreon subs like damn he mustve really lucked out on the loyalty department to be able to not deliver for 2 years and still have 144 patreons
Well, i can only speak for myself. Its a VN that i enjoy and want to continue. Its not like they've been MIA for all this time. They are active on their patreon, stream every week and active on discord.

Also if you don't factor it against top earners, between having a side job to supplement income, covid being a pain, Doc having a kid and having to balance work/life, is two years difficult to imagine.

What i pay is a pittance of my monthly earnings to support a developer following their dreams. I'm probably supporting the dev as much as the product. However i understand the sentiment. Currently enjoying the meltdown over at Our Red String!

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Red String is having a meltdown? What about? Eva's been pretty regular with releases as far as I'm aware.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
There are still people out there who are convinced that Star Citizen is going to come out eventually.

Hope springs eternal. And denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Well, i can only speak for myself. Its a VN that i enjoy and want to continue. Its not like they've been MIA for all this time. They are active on their patreon, stream every week and active on discord.

Also if you don't factor it against top earners, between having a side job to supplement income, covid being a pain, Doc having a kid and having to balance work/life, is two years difficult to imagine.

What i pay is a pittance of my monthly earnings to support a developer following their dreams. I'm probably supporting the dev as much as the product. However i understand the sentiment. Currently enjoying the meltdown over at Our Red String!
but why pay if you don't get anything for it? They are milking it hard and not delivering

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
but why pay if you don't get anything for it? They are milking it hard and not delivering
I think the better question is, why should you care if others pay with their own spare money and continue to support a dev that has been open and regularly communicates with their supporters. After all, it's their own money and they can spend it however they want.

Krabgee

Feb 5, 2019
Hey in case some of you didn't know an user posted this on the Discord on December 5th and said that it comes from Dr Madddoc:

"Hey everyone, just an update. I'll be back at work on Wednesday. Devstream and Beta should be on Friday. Everyone is still sick and congested and dealing with sinus issues, but everyone is feeling better each day. I appreciate all the well wishes from everyone."

So, if everything went well he should've got back to work yesterday and tomorrow he'll be doing a stream and releasing the Beta. Check his Discord or Patreon if you want to find out more. He usually streams on PicartoTV and his user is TheMadDoctors.

UPDATE: 12/12/2021. Again, for those who don't know it yet: Beta has just released for patreons. The last wait begins!

Last edited:
Reactions: haooni

Draxo

Sep 20, 2017
I think the better question is, why should you care if others pay with their own spare money and continue to support a dev that has been open and regularly communicates with their supporters. After all, it's their own money and they can spend it however they want.
I definitely agree to letting others do whatever they want with their own money, but i think I and many others are just curious to the rationale and thought process in this. Personally I enjoy understanding and learning different mindsets so I dont think its a matter of caring but just a matter of wanting to learn.

Reactions: Cavpal

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
E9LAF.png
Episode 9: Lost and Found is now available to Patreon Backers . Just a week until the final public release.

This episode has been a long time coming. There were a lot of challenges along the way both in development and in real life as I have talked about before here. We have recently shared our plans on Patreon to help alleviate these problems for future episodes so things don't take so long between releases and content is released more evenly.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
I definitely agree to letting others do whatever they want with their own money, but i think I and many others are just curious to the rationale and thought process in this. Personally I enjoy understanding and learning different mindsets so I dont think its a matter of caring but just a matter of wanting to learn.
Why? Budding shrink? If I had the spare money I will support all the Devs whose games I like and play, especially those who are forthright and forthcoming. Maybe some have a money tree in their backyard or the tooth fairy leaves the winning lottery numbers instead of coins. Maybe some people don't care what they do with their money. Maybe some are actually capable of empathy and understand real life. Try understanding your own mindset before trying to understand others. Everyone is unique...accept and move on.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 29 Votes