Unity StationMaster 2 [v0.8.2 Patreon] [StationmasterDev]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Downloaded the public version. Maybe it was a bug or something else, but:
1. What about the character editor? Instead of “lips”, “breasts”, “ass”, “legs”. Some kind of set of names that somehow randomly change their appearance. Ugliness!
2. When receiving a new “character,” the ability to immediately inject a calming serum has disappeared.
3. Well, the classic - memory leak. After 10-20 minutes of play. (15 “characters”) 45 gigabytes of memory (RAM and page file). At 4080 I get 10-17 FPS.
4. I couldn’t find a way to limit the number of visitors and residents of the station.
5. I don’t see my money balance.

Hey!

1. You're right that the character editor currently looks like trash. I'm redoing the whole thing from scratch for the next patch (working on an AI-based one). Stay tuned for that.
  2. Calming serum may not have made the cut into SM2. I may end up adding that back in this patch though, as I'm rewriting a lot of stuff about the character viewer.
  3. The memory leak is interesting. I haven't seen that on my setup, but will check into that. It may be intermittent, or it may be my unusual system configuration masking it.
  4. There currently isn't a way to do that, but I'm adding a "station policies" screen in the next patch.
  5. Which screen are you on where you can't see your money balance? If it's all of them, that may be some kind of initialization bug that's also causing the memory leak.

Thanks for the reports!

Reactions: Gyatu!!!!

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
The new build is out already right? How does it compare to the original game? enough content to be about even? or still behind?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
The new build is out already right? How does it compare to the original game? enough content to be about even? or still behind?
It's got more/better faction and event content, and fewer mechanics (some stuff like the fighting pit isn't in yet).

Bosss

May 1, 2017
  1. Which screen are you on where you can't see your money balance? If it's all of them, that may be some kind of initialization bug that's also causing the memory leak.

Thanks for the reports!
Hi!

Tried it in 2 modes. 1 - old save. Problems with the FPS arose due to guests and residents of the station. In total there were about 200 people. After clicking the "kick everyone out" button. FPS returned to normal. I can't say anything about memory. I was stupid and didn’t look.

The second launch is clean. After deleting the game and installing it again.
The problem there was this: no one came through the gate. At all.

Another problem is that on some NPCs, the clothes don’t fit straight. But this is, in fact, an old bug. Something like that for now.

And about balance. Started a new game. And can`t find information about how much money I have. The only option is to look at the "Incoming" table. But the balance is not shown there either,
but only the maximum amount of money that was on the balance sheet. Those. you are building something, but you don’t see the dynamics of money.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Hi!

Tried it in 2 modes. 1 - old save. Problems with the FPS arose due to guests and residents of the station. In total there were about 200 people. After clicking the "kick everyone out" button. FPS returned to normal. I can't say anything about memory. I was stupid and didn’t look.

The second launch is clean. After deleting the game and installing it again.
The problem there was this: no one came through the gate. At all.

Another problem is that on some NPCs, the clothes don’t fit straight. But this is, in fact, an old bug. Something like that for now.

And about balance. Started a new game. And can`t find information about how much money I have. The only option is to look at the "Incoming" table. But the balance is not shown there either,
but only the maximum amount of money that was on the balance sheet. Those. you are building something, but you don’t see the dynamics of money.
There's an intermittent bug with the new game setup that can break a lot of stuff. Someone in the Discord discovered that if you start a new game, then close the game and load the exitsave, you get a much less broken experience. I'm looking into that for the next patch.

As for NPC's, I'm replacing the 3D characters (outside of the top-down view) with an entirely new AI-based system in the next patch. It's still early in development (so excuse the numerous issues on display here), but it should resolve poke-through once and for all when it's done.

1699298816304.png 1699301790515.png
1699303134566.png

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I guess the next question is when will a discorder post the updates here lol. I am looking foward to running my space station and running out of money bc I pick all the nice options again lol.

Bosss

May 1, 2017
There's an intermittent bug with the new game setup that can break a lot of stuff. Someone in the Discord discovered that if you start a new game, then close the game and load the exitsave, you get a much less broken experience. I'm looking into that for the next patch.

As for NPC's, I'm replacing the 3D characters (outside of the top-down view) with an entirely new AI-based system in the next patch. It's still early in development (so excuse the numerous issues on display here), but it should resolve poke-through once and for all when it's done.
The art is great. But how will it be implemented into the game? Will 3D characters be replaced by static art that will change on the fly or will it be pre-rendered? If it’s a pre-render, then in my opinion, it’s an ambiguous step that destroys the very essence of the game. Because no matter what you do, you will always have “one” result -
a new picture instead of a 3D model.

And then questions arise for the editor. How to change breast size if pre-rendering has already been done? Well, let’s say there are 4 pieces of art: “giant”, “large”, “medium”, “small”. What about nipples and areolas? Should you pre-render each option? Well then this work will be “for all time” and the game size will be 50 gigs +.

I'm really interested in how the editor function and the NPCs themselves will be implemented.

Reactions: depechedNode

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
The art is great. But how will it be implemented into the game? Will 3D characters be replaced by static art that will change on the fly or will it be pre-rendered? If it’s a pre-render, then in my opinion, it’s an ambiguous step that destroys the very essence of the game. Because no matter what you do, you will always have “one” result -
a new picture instead of a 3D model.

And then questions arise for the editor. How to change breast size if pre-rendering has already been done? Well, let’s say there are 4 pieces of art: “giant”, “large”, “medium”, “small”. What about nipples and areolas? Should you pre-render each option? Well then this work will be “for all time” and the game size will be 50 gigs +.

I'm really interested in how the editor function and the NPCs themselves will be implemented.
It's pre-rendered in a sense, but there is a lot of recombination going on. It's basically a Mr. Potato Head made of shaders. Face parts, hair, skin tone, and clothing can change independently, and I'm exploring body shape options (they will probably be a bit more limited than before, but hopefully not too much). I'm not aware of any other developers that use this approach, probably because AI just made it viable and we're all still exploring what's possible.

Bosss

May 1, 2017
It's pre-rendered in a sense, but there is a lot of recombination going on. It's basically a Mr. Potato Head made of shaders. Face parts, hair, skin tone, and clothing can change independently, and I'm exploring body shape options (they will probably be a bit more limited than before, but hopefully not too much). I'm not aware of any other developers that use this approach, probably because AI just made it viable and we're all still exploring what's possible.
Thanks for the answer, but I still think that the transition from 3D to 2D is a mistake. Yes, working with 2D art is much easier and faster (especially with the help of AI), but this will greatly limit the potential for customization and will drive the game into the framework of a lack of replayability. All characters will be the same because they are pre-rendered.

And prerender 200 - 300 variants of NPCs and pieces of their bodies and then “sculpting” a finished image from this is, in practice, impossible. Any developer will go insane. Even 1 NPC with such an approach is a couple of hundred pieces of art. Fat, plump, thin, with large breasts, with small ones, black, white, red, with a large areola and small nipples, with small nipples and a large areola, etc. I’m tired of writing, and you have to do it all.

Upd.
You mean that you will render only parts of the body (head, torso, legs, etc.) and then assemble a “character” from this. I've seen this many times, often resulting in "ugly mutants". If this is exactly the approach you meant. You can try, but again, this will limit the design of the game itself. The visual part of the “world” will suffer. But once again, we can take a look on a result.

Reactions: Saga89

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Any developer will go insane.
I wasn't sane to begin with. AI makes this approach a lot more viable than it was a year ago though.

Skin tone is handled by a shader and animation is done using bones and overlays, so to add a new breast type, all I have to do is render it once and do a little photoshopping to blend it. That's very manageable, and means that I can make a lot of them, including ones that don't neatly fit into a blendshape.

I'm still working out the kinks (particularly around hair) and tuning the models, but I'm really happy with the results so far. Still have to clean up edges and proportions on some stuff, but the main test of skin tone shading and part blending seems to have worked.

1699538028596.png

Last edited:
Reactions: M_e_* and Flint

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
I wasn't sane to begin with. AI makes this approach a lot more viable than it was a year ago though.

Skin tone is handled by a shader and animation is done using bones and overlays, so to add a new breast type, all I have to do is render it once and do a little photoshopping to blend it. That's very manageable, and means that I can make a lot of them, including ones that don't neatly fit into a blendshape.

I'm still working out the kinks (particularly around hair) and tuning the models, but I'm really happy with the results so far. Still have to clean up edges and proportions on some stuff, but the main test of skin tone shading and part blending seems to have worked.

View attachment 3073050
Just promise we still get to torture and punish :)

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Hopefully once this reaches SM1 levels of content someone will post it here lol. I am curious but it's a massive download lol. (or at least sm1 was)

Gildor72

Jun 8, 2020
I'm exploring body shape options (they will probably be a bit more limited than before, but hopefully not too much)
I was wondering about what options we would have? One of the appeals to me of the first game was how I could manage the girls weight. I loved being able to overfeed them to make them gain weight and get fat or having them go on a diet to slim down.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Dumb question but is reproduction in this? I bought a virgin, fucked her but she never got knocked up. Since I don't see any rooms or devices for it, I'm gonna go with a no? lol

As a side note, virgins stay virgins even after you do the dirty deed lol

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Dumb question but is reproduction in this? I bought a virgin, fucked her but she never got knocked up. Since I don't see any rooms or devices for it, I'm gonna go with a no? lol

As a side note, virgins stay virgins even after you do the dirty deed lol
Not yet. That's a pretty big undertaking and will probably be its own patch.

i'll keep the virginity thing in mind when I'm rewriting the sex system. That should be this patch.

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes