Etar

Jul 17, 2017
I am thoroughly impressed with what the dev has done.. This is higher quality content that you see in some AAA games now days.. Which is either a huge compliment for him, or simply the sad state of our industry and their "Live Services" they're pushing down our throat, wanting us to play the same game for years and years so they can keep milking us... How about you make good enough content or make the game modable instead? Playing a game for years comes naturally when truly great games get released...

Anyway, this game shows theres a professional or at least semi professional behind the wheel, he follows many of the "Game development 101" lessons I got crammed down my throat when I still developed such things, I loved for a fact he did something not a lot of hobbyist devs do. He made the UI simply.

To any potential devlopers out there, UI 101, the less clicks the better!

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks all for the kind words and suggestions.

I don't mind when other people share the full version's download link. It's not only inevitable, but great publicity. I just don't feel right doing it myself because it feels like it would be betraying the people who paid for it.

The eye bug is weird and intermittent. I'm investigating it, but I haven't yet been able to replicate it on my machine. A couple people have brought it up on the Patreon page as well, so I know it's not just your machine.

Willing slaves, threesomes/orgies, and more complete stats (which might include some more consensual content) are all on the voting list, but haven't gotten picked yet (though the stats update was tied for runner-up last time, and I wouldn't be surprised if it came next). The next update is going to be "just" the 4X overhaul because that's already a substantial amount of work to do there and I don't want to combine it with anything else.
I think you have a good mindset for it, fighting piracy will simply force you to spend half the time thinking up DRM that will get broken within days anyway, at that point you've wasted precious time developing anti-piracy instead of focusing on what you actually set out to do.

Like Ubisoft, they came out rather publically and said DRM dont work... and then they added 3 layers of DRM for Ass creed 4-5-6 or what ever number they're up to now, even going as far as tying the DRM into the animation of the main character, which fucked royally with peoples PC's, basically inconveniencing people who played, whilst the ones that pirated it had a smooth experience.

Skrim72

Sep 21, 2017
Just spent about 4 hours playing this. I do love “base builders” and this has nudie bits to boot! Great game, but I do wish the graphics were better.

Yeorman

Apr 28, 2018
I have some problem with eyes, white for citizen, red for slaves anyone else have this issue?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I have some problem with eyes, white for citizen, red for slaves anyone else have this issue?
Eye problem appears to be related to low settings. I intend to fix it in the next patch, but you can work around it by setting the graphics quality to "Fantastic."

Legionnass

May 17, 2017
very good game although I do have a few recommendations for improvement. such as for example:
  • a means of collecting tribute from all of your vassals at the same time
  • a rule assistant system for managing all of your slaves. something similar to or along the lines of the rule assistant system from the Free Cities game.
  • needs more clothing and implants for the slaves. meaning more customization options for your slaves.
  • a policy system for both the space station and for your vassals (your conquered territories). such as for example:
    • a series of eugenics program policies that tailor the future tributes the way you want. this includes looks, obedience, and fear.
    • a series of population control policies that can either increase or decrease the populations of your vassals.
    • policies for taxes. increasing or decreasing your income rates.
    • policies for technology bases of your vassals
    • policies for the prosperity of your vassals. more prosperity means more money.

Reactions: NikChel

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks! I'm happy to say that almost all of those are currently on the list for the next version.

I'm not exactly sure what the new clothing options introduced in this update will be, but likely something along the lines of a leotard, and a schoolgirl outfit. Faction leaders will also have unique outfits, which will be unlocked for the rest of your slaves once they are defeated.

I have a couple new implants on my long-term list, but would be interested to hear suggestions, as the ones that are currently in place mostly cover the bases for me.

Policies for planets are already implemented in my development version, and policies for your station are definitely going to be in 0.10. Tribute obedience and fear will be driven by planet obedience and fear, so that will be adjustable by picking more or less oppressive social policies. New upgrades will also let you set up breeding colonies for nonhuman races, as well as modify human colonists to an extent. Bulk tribute is already implemented in my development version.

The rules assistant is on the list for some point in the future, but I think I'm going to combine it with something smaller than the 4X overhaul.

Skrim72

Sep 21, 2017
Minor bug... Just discovered (I let the game run while I was away for a few hours) If you use the time stop gizmo to stop your girls from ageing, they still get older. Or at least their age # still increases, no obvious visual change.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I think the age stop gizmo only stops them from visibly aging. Sort of like how increase/decrease age only change the visible age, not the actual age.

As for the WTF, you know what they say. variety is the spice of life.

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Keep hoping for an OSX build. Will test if necessary; have experience with qa logging

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
I'm guessing that the dev watches this forum, if not, then I suppose just ignore this post:

First off, really like this game. Not only does it combine some of my favorite things, (4x games, kinky shit, and games that have content), but I can't seem to get enough of it. I downloaded it like, maybe 2 hours ago and I just realized I hadn't stopped playing. BTW, I do plan on doing Patreon after trying it out like this; but will have to wait a few days first.

Second, couple of things that may be useful. Full disclosure, I didn't read most of the 11 pages of posts so sorry if there are repeats... But I have other games I want to play so ya, priorities:
  • Might want to make the tutorial a bit more comprehensive. I play a lot of games so it wasn't hard to figure out, but I can't see someone who's gaming experience is renpy style games knowing what to do right off the bat.
  • There's a glitch where if you capture or raid a planet, the first slave girl will have no description/name making them hard to find if you have more than a few slaves.
  • If you place furniture, delete something, then the first furniture item you click to place won't show an overlay prior to placing. You have to select another object then reselect the one you want to place if you want a preview first. Occasionally this happened with the delete option but it was rare and I didn't find a cause.
  • A couple ease of life things to consider if you aren't already....
    • Changing names(helps with organization and I had one early slave get named "n")
    • Sorting by date the girl was acquired in the slave view list.
    • Male/herm slaves maybe?
    • Letting you replace buildings/items after they've been placed without having to delete them.
    • An option to rotate view/quickly zoom in and out; especially when in the galaxy map.
    • Maybe an option to alter a girl into a catgirl/hybrid?

Don't want to sound demanding or anything, but felt like I should say something. There's a real gem of a game here, which again I do plan to support, and I'd be remiss if I kept my mouth shut.

Keep up the awesome work

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that all the characters eyes were red. Saw someone else mention it a while ago, not sure if you're still investigating or not. Here's the output log though, seems to have picked up some errors. Fuck if I know if it's related though:

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes