Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
The game has a lot of freedom but also a lot of issues. There a some sections with a chunk of text, but it doesn't necessarily interfere with play

Reactions: junior20000

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
Is the game good ? Can I play it well even if I don't know 100% English ?
My English knowledge is about 60%. ^^
Good is a relative term. If you like management games mixed with strategy and sexual content then yes. It so full of bugs that even an exterminator would flee in terror, but it's playable.
You can manage playing it with limited english I believe.

rieyn

Oct 9, 2018
So a three year old game, with almost 200 pages of discussion, just now got the mind control tag added. As always, I have to ask whether this is a major part of the game that was mistakenly left out of the tags until now, or something minor that was just added in a recent update. The description sounds like it could potentially be a major component, but I guess the real question is whether or not I could play through this with a completely MC-focused run, or at least heavily MC-focused.
Its not "heavily focused" in that many gameplay elements are going to change because of your decision to play one way or another. It will impact how your slaves interact with you, but is largely there in a flavor/immersion capacity.

The general premise is there. But stationmaster is an open ended game, so you won't be seeing a huge narrative about most things that you do. People may take note if you are largely "kind" and treat your residents well (..for being a slaver, anyway). The same is true of the opposite. Those general things will impact you indirectly. But nothing so detailed as noting subtle things like that your station is gender-specific, or particular behavior patterns you choose to employ.

IIRC, you can unlock pseudo-MC options through research and then basically force it on your acquisitions through surgery. I forget what it amounts to exactly, but the end result is at least along the lines of MC. It should share an option with body modification (much of the furry content), fertility adjustment and whatnot so don't expect it to be too in depth.

creepycat

Aug 17, 2020
ok so i downloaded the mac version and i tried to extract it but when im extracting the file present in the extracted file it shows me that some stuff is missing and wont finish the process. i tried from both the nopy and pixeldrain links and the same thing happens. so is it my extractor that is broken or is the game file corrupted? also if there is a compressed version please let me know

billclinton99

Jan 2, 2020
ok so i downloaded the mac version and i tried to extract it but when im extracting the file present in the extracted file it shows me that some stuff is missing and wont finish the process. i tried from both the nopy and pixeldrain links and the same thing happens. so is it my extractor that is broken or is the game file corrupted? also if there is a compressed version please let me know
Yeah the mac version is a jumbled unusable POS. That is one consistent theme I notice between the two platforms, rarely does a windows binary not work for me but every few iterations of mac os, stuff breaks to the point where a binary doesn't unpack properly or the OS won't recognize it. I have a PC for work in the main office and an old mac laptop I used for writing blogs, I look forward to replacing it with a win machine but will miss the unix integration aspect.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
StationmasterDev any chance this could get optimizations one day? it freezes for like, a second when i save, and fps is low all around
In reply to both of your askings, I'm gonna guess no. This game was ended quite a while ago, and the dev has never shown any real sign of wanting to fix the issues even when he was still making the game.

Keros

Jun 2, 2017
In reply to both of your askings, I'm gonna guess no. This game was ended quite a while ago, and the dev has never shown any real sign of wanting to fix the issues even when he was still making the game.
I believe he said, and others here. That the bugs and other issues are embedded so deep it would practically take a complete ground zero rebuild to fix them.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
I believe he said, and others here. That the bugs and other issues are embedded so deep it would practically take a complete ground zero rebuild to fix them.
Which maybe is fine, but doesn't excuse criticism when talking about bugs and the unlikelihood of them ever being fixed. Just means they programmed it poorly right from the start and never, ever bothered to fix it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
StationmasterDev any chance this could get optimizations one day? it freezes for like, a second when i save, and fps is low all around
That's why the game is at 1.1, because he already made some fixes. Unfortunately, not much effect in the performance department, though I never really had performance issues, only some game play and graphics display issues that did mostly get fixed in 1.1.

He did say that, but it was mostly in reference to the animations during sex.

Which maybe is fine, but doesn't excuse criticism when talking about bugs and the unlikelihood of them ever being fixed. Just means they programmed it poorly right from the start and never, ever bothered to fix it.
Or he tried to fix it and the fixes either didn't work at all or were undone by a newer update. That was, unfortunately, the case with several issues that popped up including a nasty memory leak that even caused my monster to choke on frames after a while. He would make a fix, it would work in the fix update, and then the next content update would undo the fix. A cycle that repeated several times during development. The issues that remain are ones he literally can't fix because they are out of his ability or because they are ingrained within the version of Unity he used. An example of an issue in the engine and therefore one that cannot be fixed is the sex animation issue while an example of an issue that is indeed a bug he has tried to fix and has come back time and again would be the low poly sprites walking around either all pink or naked.

df223

Mar 13, 2021
i really like people commenting on this game, even if its for critice it in a bad way , i hope the dev keeps developing the game and fixing all the issues it has, its one of the best games in the forum by far, the idea and all about the gameplay and tastes/traits/tags everything in the game is really good, the "events" when people get aboard your station and all are well writen, i only wish that the stuff with that if for example , some couple get to your station, the training you do to them will impact in their relationship, if you put the women in your suite , doing a blowjob or in the bed doing an orgy, and the man in the cage or in a torture hanger, i really really wished to have events like stealing/corrupting the couple and dialogues between them and so.... xD more...structure. i really like the NTR

it s true that the performance is really crappy and all , but well, if you enjoy the roleplay , even if the game doesn t have an story about the relationships between the people you get to enslave, once you train them, you can always imagine and have your own fantasies and build it up in your mind, even if you play only 20 minutes or so like me , haha ( i play like 20 minutes now, back in the day when i bought the game i played like 30 Hours or so)

Reactions: alex2011
Jan 18, 2018
tl;dr the point is that they are fixable, even if the dev doesn't have the time it'd be really nice if something could be figured out

i was gonna ask if there was any chance he could release the source, but i'd imagine it may be a bit painful because of the assets. regardless, i'm sure there are several simple ways to make things better -
- the save system should be trivial to rewrite to make it *not* take one full second
- they could at the very least add settings to reduce graphics - e.g. just not rendering furniture at all, or not rendering when panning around. also shadow, antialiasing settings etc.
- there are some bugs which should be simple to fix - e.g. wings showing up the wrong size in station view

re: low poly sprites - i highly doubt that's a thing unity just does. and a memory leak is the least of the problems to me, it runs fine for several hours at the very least which is more than fine for me
re: the sex animations - i didn't even look at them, i play sandbox for the sandbox, not for the animations

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i really like people commenting on this game, even if its for critice it in a bad way , i hope the dev keeps developing the game and fixing all the issues it has, its one of the best games in the forum by far, the idea and all about the gameplay and tastes/traits/tags everything in the game is really good, the "events" when people get aboard your station and all are well writen, i only wish that the stuff with that if for example , some couple get to your station, the training you do to them will impact in their relationship, if you put the women in your suite , doing a blowjob or in the bed doing an orgy, and the man in the cage or in a torture hanger, i really really wished to have events like stealing/corrupting the couple and dialogues between them and so.... xD more...structure. i really like the NTR

it s true that the performance is really crappy and all , but well, if you enjoy the roleplay , even if the game doesn t have an story about the relationships between the people you get to enslave, once you train them, you can always imagine and have your own fantasies and build it up in your mind, even if you play only 20 minutes or so like me , haha ( i play like 20 minutes now, back in the day when i bought the game i played like 30 Hours or so)
As far as any additions to the game, it's done, and whether he will come back to it for further fixes at all remains to be seen.

tl;dr the point is that they are fixable, even if the dev doesn't have the time it'd be really nice if something could be figured out

i was gonna ask if there was any chance he could release the source, but i'd imagine it may be a bit painful because of the assets. regardless, i'm sure there are several simple ways to make things better -
- the save system should be trivial to rewrite to make it *not* take one full second
- they could at the very least add settings to reduce graphics - e.g. just not rendering furniture at all, or not rendering when panning around. also shadow, antialiasing settings etc.
- there are some bugs which should be simple to fix - e.g. wings showing up the wrong size in station view

re: low poly sprites - i highly doubt that's a thing unity just does. and a memory leak is the least of the problems to me, it runs fine for several hours at the very least which is more than fine for me
re: the sex animations - i didn't even look at them, i play sandbox for the sandbox, not for the animations
Some of the issues are not, specifically the ones that are part of the engine version used, like the animations. However, there are some things that can be fixed.

He tried fixing those ones that can be fixed and the fix worked for a time, then another update came and the issue came back.

It turned into a never-ending battle on issues like the low poly models being pink or naked. Every time he would fix those, they would just have the problem again later.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
As far as any additions to the game, it's done, and whether he will come back to it for further fixes at all remains to be seen.

Some of the issues are not, specifically the ones that are part of the engine version used, like the animations. However, there are some things that can be fixed.

He tried fixing those ones that can be fixed and the fix worked for a time, then another update came and the issue came back.

It turned into a never-ending battle on issues like the low poly models being pink or naked. Every time he would fix those, they would just have the problem again later.
There's also silly things like some artifacts having no sprites or being impossible to place.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There's also silly things like some artifacts having no sprites or being impossible to place.
Probably unfinished due to a development roadblock, he made some bad decisions early that snowballed, so maybe those can be fixed or maybe they can't. I woud have to actually look at the code to find out. The sprite part should be doable, that's just plugging in art, it's the placement one that I mean.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes