88stanford88

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2022
We intend to release smaller updates every 3-4 weeks or so, and some planned tags will already appear in them, while some will appear up to a year. We plan to release the whole game in ~2.5 years (assuming working with the same team, not expanding it).
3-4 weeks???
that last opdate was in October... your intend was a bit optimistic...
hope the next update will be not smaller ;)

88stanford88

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2022
thanks for posting the reason of the delay.
But I was right about your optimism about 1 update every 3 weeks:cool:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
View attachment 3136236

If you came here only to point out mistakes and be mean then you should go somewhere else :)
It is just the core problem that pretty much comes up in any popular game that runs for a certain amount of time eventually:

Either you're making smaller upgrades in shorter amount of time, then inevitably there will be people complaining about the updates being too small.

If you make larger upgrades that take a longer amount of time, you'll inevitably see some people complaining about updates taking too long and if the game is abandoned or something.

And if a developer thinks he can make it right for everybody, I can only quote Commander Riker:

Those complains, in one form or another will - sadly - come your way, one way or the other. No matter how transparent you're trying to be. As long as there is a steady stream of updates I can only recommend to ignore the most obvious troll attempts.

Fooxied

Take the first Step of Debauchery
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
It is just the core problem that pretty much comes up in any popular game that runs for a certain amount of time eventually:

Either you're making smaller upgrades in shorter amount of time, then inevitably there will be people complaining about the updates being too small.

If you make larger upgrades that take a longer amount of time, you'll inevitably see some people complaining about updates taking too long and if the game is abandoned or something.

And if a developer thinks he can make it right for everybody, I can only quote Commander Riker:

Those complains, in one form or another will - sadly - come your way, one way or the other. No matter how transparent you're trying to be. As long as there is a steady stream of updates I can only recommend to ignore the most obvious troll attempts.
It's more like, he came here and started to complain about random comment made 2 months ago without any knowledge about the game, updates and progress :shrug: (probably did not play the game as well)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
It's more like, he came here and started to complain about random comment made 2 months ago without any knowledge about the game, updates and progress :shrug: (probably did not play the game as well)
Sure, I meant it in more general terms. Discussions about why an update takes "so long" are rampant in almost every thread here. Then you have developers like Zorlun who (at least for a long time) have published updates on a monthly basis, only for people to complain that the updates are too short. :HideThePain:

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes