Recommending Story-first games

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes
Aug 7, 2018
Can you recommend anything else like these titles? You're on the right track, but I've tried some Sakura games, and with the exception to Swim Club, they're very poorly paced with their bloated scripts.
Sure, here's some more cute lighthearted fluff:

My Catgirl Maid Thinks She Runs the Place (the 2d original is complete, the DAZ 3d remake isn't)
Triangle (poly romance)
Sunny Shine Funland

EDIT: re: Pent Panda - Teen Zombie in Your Cabin and Teen Alien in Your Closet should also fit the bill, in case you haven't checked them out yet.

Last edited:

Durgons

Nov 11, 2022
Harem Hotel, despite the rather crass name, is actually a very well-thought out and rather immersive game, albeit WIP currently.

Kingdom of Deception is also rather brilliant, although I haven't finished it. But in the first 10~ hours it's been great.

raynarnab

Dec 16, 2021
This is probably not the usual type of game that the crowd here might play, but I would recommend . I played it wanting to play a kingdom finance simulator, ended up with wondering who was cutting onions around me. An incredible storyline that I will not spoil but really loved. The music score to accompany the story line is incredible as well. For folks that can stomach gameplay to get through the storyline, it is well worth it. It was quite the ride for me and I would be interested to hear other people's experiences if they end up trying it.

K_Nakamura

Jun 29, 2020
This game

Has the best writing and a size of LOTR trilogy, a truly epic story.
Warning: Female Protagonist only.

After playing it, you will never be the same, and no game will ever meet your standards. Be warned.

Reactions: aifgamer

raynarnab

Dec 16, 2021
This game

Has the best writing and a size of LOTR trilogy, a truly epic story.
Warning: Female Protagonist only.

After playing it, you will never be the same, and no game will ever meet your standards. Be warned.
Do you know how I can play this game? I did a quick google search , but I am not sure how I am supposed to get the game to play it.

Mravac Kid

Jun 5, 2021
Do you know how I can play this game? I did a quick google search , but I am not sure how I am supposed to get the game to play it.
It's a mod for Neverwinter Nights so you need that game (and apparently its expansion packs). It's been years since I last played it, so I don't remember how to get it up and running.

Reactions: raynarnab

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
How about my Nick Marlowe novel? :)

Not like one big story... bus set of vingettes. But definetely with mini stories inside each episode.

K_Nakamura

Jun 29, 2020
1. Download and install Neverwinter Nights Diamond + Premium Modules [GOG] from TPB.
2. Download required files as instructed.
3. Download the mod and the premade princess character from the page you mentioned.
4. If you have any problems, read this page from wiki:

Last edited:
Reactions: raynarnab

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I fully recommend Infinite Stars a sci fi space ship drama. Excellent world building. Good writing. Great characters that are grounded and feel real. Note that while the art is good, there's too little of it and the same images are repeated over and over. So the focus is the text.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Everyone should check out Alpha, Omega's latest chapter. I played it without the "filters" and it was brutal. It reminded me of Leaving DNA's trial scene but it hit me much, much harder than that. It's so incredibly sad what Alexa has become. She is being detestable, bordering on monstrous, but it's impossible to hate her. She desperately needs help, as unwilling as she is to receive it. I couldn't in good conscience not side with Ivan, and hence couldn't support her, but someone should.

Amazing, hard-hitting work Ezykeyal. I'm looking forward to next chapter's split!

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes