Recommending Story-first games

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Raife

May 16, 2018
"Silver lining" game by Blue Dahlia (namusvill).
Absolutely the best game here.
Looks interesting... I'll try it.

Badtimes is out with update 4.2 for _Isabella: Dark Paths_. It's good, although we've only inched a bit closer to answers. The dynamic between the two LIs still feels fairly normal/natural, which is positive.

jufot

May 15, 2021
Badtimes is out with update 4.2 for _Isabella: Dark Paths_. It's good, although we've only inched a bit closer to answers. The dynamic between the two LIs still feels fairly normal/natural, which is positive.
Yes, I'm glad Alex and Isa are getting along better. I'm not sure all this drama with Alex's ex-bandmates is necessary when the central mystery is much more compelling.

Reactions: badtimetales

Raife

May 16, 2018
Yes, I'm glad Alex and Isa are getting along better. I'm not sure all this drama with Alex's ex-bandmates is necessary when the central mystery is much more compelling.
The only real function of that sub-plot seems to be bringing the two girls together... and I agree, the main plot is better.

And... regarding _Pecker_ -- you're right, Danielle B looks interesting. A LI who is a genuine femme fatale... or even one who just _might_ be a femme fatale, is always welcome.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Isabella has a lotta paths running all in tandem to make up the mistery you all enjoy:
1 - dad mystery rescue aquad;
2 - MC vivid recollecton of the talk kidnappers have with rescue squad;
3 - Dad taking the reigns away from MC and signing the big deal for their company;
4 - Possibility of a mole or a decoy still well embedded in the corporation of late fiancee ...
I'm not sure all this drama with Alex's ex-bandmates is necessary
The only real function of that sub-plot seems to be bringing the two girls together
Why is only MC deemed worthy of being stupid and letting fate steal his beloved?
Are all other characters now exhempt of being foolish in love just ”cause?

This makes such a compelling fate/faith story: spoiled rich Alex suddenly selling everything
to make the dream of her hubby a reality, while hubby is a despicable drug dealer
who is taking a piss out of Alex being this invested in her ”first adult love affair”,
where she is this much a delusional lost puppy hanging on the ”bad boy” assshole who grabbed her.

Now, tho, MC is the delusional unemployed former associate who split with his part of the money,
while his dad and former collegues at his late firm still think he should not forego work just to spite his dad.

MC is in the same phase Alex was with that drug dealer: very well off but smitten by some good looking girls who struggle
for their work, while MC is already a young retiree with money to burn.

Last edited:

jufot

May 15, 2021
And... regarding _Pecker_ -- you're right, Danielle B looks interesting. A LI who is a genuine femme fatale... or even one who just _might_ be a femme fatale, is always welcome.
I'm hoping pursuing her will involve some genuine danger. Bonus points if someone innocent gets killed in the process. Extra double points if said innocent is another LI :D

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The changes in Patreon are even worse for Creators. Getting the information I need and communicating with Patrons is harder now than it used to be.

Tlaero
I'm going to second this with vigor. It's an absolute shit show of a UI now.

What was wrong exactly with the way it was? And, don't even get me going about the whole "collections" thing. What a mess.

Last edited:

Raife

May 16, 2018
For the most part, yes ;)

But it's also to describe why Alex is the way she is, why she tends to keep problems to herself.
That makes sense, Badtimes. And it's not that I don't enjoy her subplot: I do.

It also strikes me as 100% necessary, if you're going to execute a plausible trouple scenario. You really need to put in some spadework for that to work effectively...

_Price of Power_ is a game that I've esteemed for some time... but the dev face planted when he tried to pull that off. jufot and I discussed why the maneuver didn't work in that game earlier in this thread. In my view, it was executed too abruptly, with insufficient context, angst or heartache. It is not something that should come easily -- or even be possible at all -- for most LIs... even, or maybe especially, if the LIs are very close to each other.

Last edited:

Raife

May 16, 2018
I'm hoping pursuing her will involve some genuine danger. Bonus points if someone innocent gets killed in the process. Extra double points if said innocent is another LI :D
Totally: the sweet and the bitter. Love and romance should _hurt like hell_. :devilish::cool:

Thus far, _Pecker_ seems a bit like a Robert B. Parker Spencer novel, with a dollop of screwball comedy. Throw in a dash of suffering, tragedy and romance, and the dev will be on to a winner.

But, FFS: Rocket only has 10 supporters, including us?! That's ridiculous and depressing, given the quality of his first two chapters. Perhaps if he can up the frequency of his updates, slightly, that will change.

Reactions: MrPocketRocket

jufot

May 15, 2021
Totally: the sweet and the bitter. Love and romance should _hurt like hell_.
Take notes MrPocketRocket :)

But, FFS: Rocket only has 10 supporters, including us?! That's ridiculous and depressing, given the quality of his first two chapters.
Yeah, I think this game is an undiscovered gem as yet. I hope he'll get more traction with future chapters.

Reactions: MrPocketRocket

curseofthesky

Apr 20, 2019
aside from games mentioned in the thread, are there any more games similar to intertwined? i just love how natural the story flows in the game

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700837730511.png

When you go Bond .. or man from uncle ... with marlon brando starring, you gotta go full gangsta, no takebacks.

1700838451404.png
Catch of the day ...

Overview:
While a war rages in a foreign country, the mob rule the streets of Rackham City. Your journey starts shortly after you return from serving your country in the jungles of southeast Asia. The war has interrupted your promising boxing career. Due to an injury sustained during combat, the dream of becoming a world championship boxer is crushed. Helped by your best friend, you reluctantly become a private investigator.
To put it mildly, this is the plot of MAfia - AAA period piece mob game starring vets making their own connections.
But the MC is more of a mob hit man play boy than a Pi, certainly more Bond by the looks of that banner.
Once these ads and the game stop screwing around with mixed visual cues and missed innuendos, it might pick up.

hus far, _Pecker_ seems a bit like a Robert B. Parker Spencer novel, with a dollop of screwball comedy. Throw in a dash of suffering, tragedy and romance, and the dev will be on to a winner.
But, FFS: Rocket only has 10 supporters, including us?! That's ridiculous and depressing, given the quality of his first two chapters. Perhaps if he can up the frequency of his updates, slightly, that will change.
Those shooting range vibes make for a blood thirsty assassin, not for a calculated Sherlock.

Last edited:

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Totally: the sweet and the bitter. Love and romance should _hurt like hell_. :devilish::cool:

Thus far, _Pecker_ seems a bit like a Robert B. Parker Spencer novel, with a dollop of screwball comedy. Throw in a dash of suffering, tragedy and romance, and the dev will be on to a winner.

Unfortunately the pace of the updates are what they are. I don't have any opportunity (at the moment) to put more time into the production of Pecker. This may change, we shall see.

Reactions: jufot

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
View attachment 3115046

When you go Bond .. or man from uncle ... with marlon brando starring, you gotta go full gangsta, no takebacks.

View attachment 3115078
Catch of the day ...

To put it mildly, this is the plot of MAfia - AAA period piece mob game starring vets making their own connections.
But the MC is more of a mob hit man play boy than a Pi, certainly more Bond by the looks of that banner.
Once these ads and the game stop screwing around with mixed visual cues and missed innuendos, it might pick up.

Those shooting range vibes make for a blood thirsty assassin, not for a calculated Sherlock.
Let me just ask. Are you critiquing the game or the banner and the summary? I read all comments regarding my game and try to do better where the critique feels like something that I've been feeling but maybe not quite have been addressing. Also if you want to elaborate on the "missed innuendos" and mixed visual cues, that could help me iron some things out.

Raife

May 16, 2018
Unfortunately the pace of the updates are what they are. I don't have any opportunity (at the moment) to put more time into the production of Pecker. This may change, we shall see.
Not a criticism from me, at all. And I can tell you that jufot and I _never_ insist that devs we support adhere to a particular release schedule. We support the creator; we're not buying a product.

Last edited:

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700913090694.png

Big mistake right there - boxer posing her hurt hand poorly wrapped in thin insulation material.

You could not very well make out what that is at the end of her hand, looks like a hoof more than anything.
The other hand, also cut short at the wrist, can barely be made out from the pole at the back,
that pole looks like it is coming down outta her head and her pose makes it look like
either she has been hanged from or impaled on the end of that pole .

That is your front and center banner on it sc hio ...
Are you critiquing the game or the banner and the summary?
All of the above .. they make MC feel worthless, rudderless, tired of living,
tired of a military career, tired of what his close ”friends” see in him.

Those kind of starting thoughts of a hapless man very far removed from his life,
they will never be seen or heard or read in any Bond / Charly angels, Man from uncle movie.

MC is looking like Steve Rogers before they pump him up full of all the supersoldier serum,
your tone of a ruggade fella with actual believable reasons to detour his own life,
that is very much missed, you are courting big fish in small aquarium sermons with
inadequate visuals of MC looking too fresh to have lived at all.

MC is too much of a looker to be alone at night rembling away his so called worries,
much like Brad Pit in Legends of the fall - he was no damn war hero, just a gigogo,
nobody could take him seriously the whole movie.

Is this what you wanted? Mock of a story with mock sharacters right off the bat?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes