Recommending Story-first games

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Raife

May 16, 2018
Is this what you wanted? Mock of a story with mock sharacters right off the bat?
Criticism is always welcome. This is unconstructive and splenetic. Devs (and everyone else) deserve a modicum of respect.

You don't like the game. Fine. There's no need for a rant.

Reactions: turbojoe

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Poster who gives no criticism, at all, bullying anyone
who might have the spirit to actually engage in a conversation.
Not a criticism from me, at all.
1700919065882.png

MC does not take himself seriously and keeps throwing jabs at himself about his own plot situation: all on his own.

1700919121434.png

Criticism is always welcome.
Would it be too much for you to mind your own lack of criticism
and let actuat conversations take place?

Last edited:

Raife

May 16, 2018
Would it be too much for you to mind your own lack of criticism
and let actuat conversations take place?
True, I absolutely never criticize aspects of games that I find unappealing or incomplete [except for a million examples in this thread]. Strangely, I am willing to criticize your trollish behavior. It must be a strange tick, on my part. An indication of psychological neediness or unresolved issues from childhood.

Poor fellow. I'll do my best to work on myself and improve. Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1700920202062.png
Man be talking about exhibitionists to hire him as being his ticket to a Hamptons villa one moment,
braggs about being a former boxer the whole town heard of the next,
but gets scared to the point of gasping for air, dropping his camera and looking horrified at the sight of
sex - more specifically, gaping of the pussy sex, after thinking to himself how he would ”stuff” that pussy.

This is good humor, but it is rather too on the nose and quite funny for the spllit second you see his face.

Then .. well ... it becomes a parody:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This game does offer a lot of irony, quick laughs, carefree humor, some bizarre MC reactions
to his own dreams and quite a lotta bad cues that MC is getting in his activities:
the "missed innuendos" and mixed visual cues

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I only become aware of this guy's comments when others reply to him. How unfortunate.

For those not aware, if you hover over someone's username, you can click "Ignore", and their posts and comments will disappear :)
This post has far too few likes. Thanks so much jufot. I have ocd, and it's sometimes hard for me not to take the bait when I don't know how to block someone.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Yes, sure, by all means ... do hide away from talking in the thread you create or dwell inside of,
because putting whomever you have a grievance with away for ever is such a well rounded trope
in the games you pretend to like the plots of.
Do try and remember that a good story has a great conflict and a better resolution to such conflict.
Alas, the Prometheus school of ”running away from things” seems to be such a strong influence in your
presence on this forum as of late.

Raife

May 16, 2018
This post has far too few likes. Thanks so much jufot. I have ocd, and it's sometimes hard for me not to take the bait when I don't know how to block someone.
This episode reminds me of one of my favourite Scots expressions: "a gentlemen is someone who endeavors never to insult anyone... unintentionally." :)

It's from a Walter Scott novel, but I've forgotten which one.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Yup .. .the famous quip - joke spurned from actual etiquette books
that got tarnished into a crude joke:

Books of etiquette once provided a definition of a gentleman
that included the following assertion:
”A gentleman never insults anyone intentionally”

The clever addition of a two-letter prefix humorously spun the definition:
”A gentleman never insults anyone unintentionally„
a gentlemen is someone who endeavors never to insult anyone... unintentionally.
This joke is difficult to trace because it can be expressed in many ways. Here is a sampling:
  • The well-bred man is never rude unintentionally.
  • A gentleman is a man who never gives offense unintentionally.
  • Only very ill-bred people are rude by accident.
  • A gentleman is never rude unintentionally or by accident.
Those are all jokes, digs at what any actual gentleman is - very deliberate with few good words.

In 1908 “The Compendium of Every Day Wants: Or Practical Information for the Millions” by Luther Minter
was published, and it included a section about “Etiquette on All Occasions” containing this:
A thorough gentleman, courteous and well-bred, will never give offense intentionally,
and will not permit himself to be easily offended.
He is always quick to forgive and ready to confess a fault and seek pardon when he wrongs another. ”

Raife

May 16, 2018
Noping's update 2 to _No Such Luck_ is out on his Patreon... I look forward to playing it this evening.

And Impious has shots from a new scene with the final LI in _Leaving DNA_. The lady in question seems near-certain to become jufot's favourite.

One of the (many) appealing things about _Leaving DNA_ is that I still do not have a hot favourite yet among the LIs, although the game has been through quite a few updates. The dev has made them radically different... and appealing... in various ways.

Reactions: EndlessNights

jufot

May 15, 2021
The lady in question seems near-certain to become jufot's favourite.
She already is :love:

One of the (many) appealing things about _Leaving DNA_ is that I still do not have a hot favourite yet among the LIs, although the game has been through quite a few updates. The dev has made them radically different... and appealing... in various ways.
I'm the opposite, I feel like the game did a good job eliminating LIs for me! Jamie became a turn-off with that childhood flashback, the teacher (the name eludes me) with the juvenile antics in her flat, and Aghavni was never an option due to her... assets.

Last edited:

Raife

May 16, 2018
She already is :love:

I'm the opposite, I feel like the game did a good job eliminating LIs for me! Jamie became a turn-off with that childhood flashback, the teacher (the name eludes me) with the juvenile antics in her flat, and Aghavni was never an option due to her... assets.
Well, you're nothing if not consistent... I totally called it. :sneaky::LOL:

The Jamie thing doesn't bother me overmuch, so she's still in for me. And my wife's assets experienced Venezuela-style hyperinflation after the little dictator emerged, ergo I know how to help the MC handle such significant contingencies. :) Aghavni's still a runner; I like her tsundere vibe.

I share your concerns about the teacher, though... she's not appealing to my MC.

• Haha
Reactions: jufot

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i'm currently playing and i think the game is worth a recommendation for the regulars here.

If Projekt Passion's strength is it's comedy, Arson Betrayal is it's pacing, Deluca Family is it's characters, Unraveling August biggest strength is the author's flair on writing dialogues.

Different from Pale Carnation whose writer employs the English language at a very high level and paint images with words, Unraveling August's dialogues makes it's MC and the situation / events becoming more engaging.

While Unraveling August MC has similarity to Fog of War MC (past background in military), August MC has far more personality than Fog of War MC. He feels very much like his own person and it's nothing short of the talent of the author of the VN.

I'm still not sure about it being "story-first" but this game highly warrants more patrons in my opinion.

Speaking of highly warranting more patrons, is another one that also warrants more patrons in my opinion though this one is more objective.

In most AVNs i've played, the options we are given are pretty binary, either "do path A, or do path B" or "See Scene or Not See Scene".

Seeking Closure is the rare game where almost each of the options presented to you sounds / written as believable as a reaction to a situation
It's one of the very few games that some times makes me wants to say "no" when presented with "yes or no" option. Even if it's just "see scene or not see scene".
The way the author of Seeking Closure presented the option choices is simple but somehow feels very unique to me because of that.

I think Seeking Closure one of the very few games where even the options are still the variation of +1 point love interest / -1 point love interest or +1 point good trait / +1 point bad trait, and yet due to how it's presented to us, it makes it quite engaging for me to think for a second and wonder "what option should i choose", and many times I want to choose the no options.

It's very unique in that particular aspect even if the story is just an average AVN story so far.

MrPocketRocket

Pecker PI
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2023
Camp Klondike's new chapter is out :) The page says Day Five but ignore that, the files are Day Six.

This chapter is about MC's imagined fantasies with the Klondike girls and they are so creative and erotic!
I just tried it and it is very old school hustler magazine fantasies, which makes it pretty damn sexy.

ps I had a real problem with the art work until I started to get into the situations.

jufot

May 15, 2021
I just tried it and it is very old school hustler magazine fantasies, which makes it pretty damn sexy.

ps I had a real problem with the art work until I started to get into the situations.
Yes, the art is an acquired taste, but once you do, it is tasty :)

Klondike is one of a handful of games on this site that gets eroticism. It's worth a look for that alone.

Reactions: MrPocketRocket
5.00 star(s) 8 Votes