VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
This game makes me want to fuck a dude up the ass and ram my cock down his throat.

#NoHomo
Why you gotta do me like that my G
Im just here tryna be respectful in this gay enviroment. Youre a menace to society

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Damn, I just stumbled upon this thread today. I've been wanting to try your game for ages, Aaryn , I read your post on itch.io about how this game is so personal to you. It kinda strikes a little close home too, I remained in the closet almost 3/4 of my life, and even today it's hard for me to talk about me being gay to anyone in real life.

But anyway, it's a good time as any to start playing it, so I guess I'll play the revamp. I just wanted to thank you for making this game and sharing it.
heya, thanks for the response. so if youv'e never played before, you got some options. the original is the full story but it starts off pretty rough because i was super new. The revamp is my attempt to correct that. So quality-wise, the revamp is the way to go, but it's very short right now. Just the first chapter and half of the second. the progress on that version is my main priority right now and it should increase in speed as i got. the beginning of the game was just kind of a mess. Unfortunately, when i started back in 2017, sandbox and grinding games were the norm so i started there but quickly figured out that wasn't the best format for something with an actual story. If i had a recommendation on how to play it, i would say play the original but be patient in the beginning. if you get stuck, there's a walkthrough readme file in the game folder. After the 3 chapter, the repeatable stuff goes away and i just focus on the story. i promise it gets better, lol. but after you finish the orignal, a lot of people are starting the revamp because it's a completely different experience. if you're just gonna wait on the revamp, that's fine but it's going to take me awhile to get through it. prob another year or so. hopefully less but we'll see. i've gotten carried away adding content.

on the other hand, i wish you the best. this game gets pretty heavy sometimes so just a heads up. i had a hard time with my sexuality for a very long time as well-- which kinda lead to me creating this story in the first place. i hope you find your peace, man <3

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
heya, thanks for the response. so if youv'e never played before, you got some options. the original is the full story but it starts off pretty rough because i was super new. The revamp is my attempt to correct that. So quality-wise, the revamp is the way to go, but it's very short right now. Just the first chapter and half of the second. the progress on that version is my main priority right now and it should increase in speed as i got. the beginning of the game was just kind of a mess. Unfortunately, when i started back in 2017, sandbox and grinding games were the norm so i started there but quickly figured out that wasn't the best format for something with an actual story. If i had a recommendation on how to play it, i would say play the original but be patient in the beginning. if you get stuck, there's a walkthrough readme file in the game folder. After the 3 chapter, the repeatable stuff goes away and i just focus on the story. i promise it gets better, lol. but after you finish the orignal, a lot of people are starting the revamp because it's a completely different experience. if you're just gonna wait on the revamp, that's fine but it's going to take me awhile to get through it. prob another year or so. hopefully less but we'll see. i've gotten carried away adding content.

on the other hand, i wish you the best. this game gets pretty heavy sometimes so just a heads up. i had a hard time with my sexuality for a very long time as well-- which kinda lead to me creating this story in the first place. i hope you find your peace, man <3
I'll follow your recommendations, nobody knows the game better than you. So the original will be, then. And I hear you about making a sandbox with an actual story, in my game the sandbox aspect is very, very limited and I ended focusing on the different storylines. It's a pain to balance.

To be honest, I like grindy sandboxes, so that won't be a problem :giggle:

JopaVictora

Oct 11, 2021
Could someone PLEASE give me a fresh save file? Im on new computer and i dont wanna go tru all the dialoges again... skip button isnt working at all

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'll follow your recommendations, nobody knows the game better than you. So the original will be, then. And I hear you about making a sandbox with an actual story, in my game the sandbox aspect is very, very limited and I ended focusing on the different storylines. It's a pain to balance.

To be honest, I like grindy sandboxes, so that won't be a problem :giggle:
heh, i'm just stumbling through this thing, man. if you do the old version though, keep trying different combinations of choices in the beginning if you find things stuck in a loop. that's how it was originally set up. that goes away within a chapter or two and it gets better. the only reason i recommend the original is because you get the full story. the revamp just isn't long enough. it looks crazy better but it's still very much in its infancy imo. but i think if you've finished the story, it's fun to go back and lay eyes on the revamp and it's like a whole new experience to the story. hope you enjoy <3

Could someone PLEASE give me a fresh save file? Im on new computer and i dont wanna go tru all the dialoges again... skip button isnt working at all
depending on what you're trying to do, you shouldn't need a fresh save file. if you're just playing the new version, just click new game and choose the red update choice and it'll drop you at the end of chapter 1. it basically creates a fresh save for you. you dont have to play all the way through again

I'm guessing this game is about a college student exploring and questioning his sexuality?
yes in a sense but i like to think it goes a bit deeper than that. it's sort of a journey to find out who you are and how to be accepting of that when you're your own worst enemy

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica and Rafster

JopaVictora

Oct 11, 2021
My skip button isnt working, is there a way to unlock it without completing the WHOLE game? i really dont like that much dialoge

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
My skip button isnt working, is there a way to unlock it without completing the WHOLE game? i really dont like that much dialoge
there is not that i know of. once you have seen a dialogue screen, then it becomes skippable. however, the game is mostly dialogue because communication in relationships is a major part of the story so if you're not a fan of dialogue this may not be right story for you (although, the beginning dialogue is crap because i'd never written anything before so it gets better once i stopped trying to make the typical adult game). if you're just looking for pics, there's an image folder you can just look through, then you won't have to deal with skipping or any dialogue at all

Reactions: JopaVictora

JopaVictora

Oct 11, 2021
there is not that i know of. once you have seen a dialogue screen, then it becomes skippable. however, the game is mostly dialogue because communication in relationships is a major part of the story so if you're not a fan of dialogue this may not be right story for you (although, the beginning dialogue is crap because i'd never written anything before so it gets better once i stopped trying to make the typical adult game). if you're just looking for pics, there's an image folder you can just look through, then you won't have to deal with skipping or any dialogue at all
Where can i get that image folder? Thank you in advance :3

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Where can i get that image folder? Thank you in advance :3
just look in the base folder then the game folder and there's an images folder in there. i dont archive any of my files like a lot of devs do. defeats the purpose to archive all your files on purpose and then try and make a gallery function imo.

Reactions: JopaVictora

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Really good game, I wish we get more chapters and stuff.
haha. thanks a lot. glad you liked it. i honestly thought the game was super long already so i'll ,take it as a compliment that you wanted more. i just didn't wanna run the story into the ground. sure, if i wanted to be a dick, i could just draw it out forever to get subs but that's not my style. would rather end it where it needed to. if i come up with something better, i'm always open to revisiting it tho :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
haha. thanks a lot. glad you liked it. i honestly thought the game was super long already so i'll ,take it as a compliment that you wanted more. i just didn't wanna run the story into the ground. sure, if i wanted to be a dick, i could just draw it out forever to get subs but that's not my style. would rather end it where it needed to. if i come up with something better, i'm always open to revisiting it tho :)
I hope there will be another story from you, perhaps with some of the "secondary" guys and "guest-appearance" of the old protagonists :)

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I hope there will be another story from you, perhaps with some of the "secondary" guys and "guest-appearance" of the old protagonists :)
we'll see. i want to make sure i do this one justice before i move on to something else. the revamp is going well and it's also a great learning experience that could be applicable to any other future projects as well. i'm also open to side stories if there's a good reason for them. i just want to be careful with that but i've tossed around plenty of ideas :)
but thank you for the interest and the support <3

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes