VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Updated OP with v0.12.2

There's currently not a MAC crunched version because I haven't figured it out yet so I'll update that later if someone else doesn't do it and post it first.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Just played v12. Too Short!!! but otherwise spectacular
It is short. Basically, if it could go wrong that month--it did. It was a horrible time both professional and personal in creating that update. I had multiple computer problems, purchased a new one and had it shipped then reinstalled everything. Plus my entire family fell apart and I had people in three different hospitals. It was a fucking mess, bro.

v11 and v12 could have been one update together. However, the conversations for Braden and Mikhail were very different and I wanted to split the writing separately so it was done this way. Trying to do both of those conversations justice was a lot of pressure so I needed the break between to reset my head. However, I'm proud of this update and will go on record saying it's my favorite so far

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I am not gay, but i definitely am interested in trying this game out for the story aspect of it! sounds pretty good.
I'm stoked you'd be open to it. I'm always down for a straight person playing the game and letting me know how they like it. I have a couple other straight followers and I really respect that perspective. I'm not a fan of feminine characters so it's definitely a "bro" take on the genre. If you end up playing it, let me know what you think.

I really enjoy this. thanks for the last update. I hope to read a new one soon
Thanks. I'm already working on the next installment. Took a bit of a breather after v12 though...both v11 and v12 were emotional rollercoasters to write.

MagatamaMiasma

Nov 19, 2018
Hihi amazing game. Loving it but as I installed the latest build I experienced a problem and it keeps me from progressing. I thought the download might have been corrupted or sumin but redownloading didn't help. I couldn't find anything about it either. Sorry for the bother!

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 18503, in script
if (SaidYouWereBi and SaidZen and WhereGoArgument and ActingStraight):
File "game/script.rpy", line 18503, in <module>
NameError: name 'SaidYouWereBi' is not defined

Reactions: Aaryn
Jun 18, 2017
I'm stoked you'd be open to it. I'm always down for a straight person playing the game and letting me know how they like it. I have a couple other straight followers and I really respect that perspective. I'm not a fan of feminine characters so it's definitely a "bro" take on the genre. If you end up playing it, let me know what you think.

So far i am enjoying the game, honestly i would be down to play more games like this if they focus on the story like this does.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hihi amazing game. Loving it but as I installed the latest build I experienced a problem and it keeps me from progressing. I thought the download might have been corrupted or sumin but redownloading didn't help. I couldn't find anything about it either. Sorry for the bother!

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 18503, in script
File "game/script.rpy", line 18503, in <module>
NameError: name 'SaidYouWereBi' is not defined
Did you use an old save?

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017

Heh, wow. that's pretty impressive I guess. I'll take that as a compliment. Story and character development are my main focus. I think most games lack it and that's something that's really important to me.

MagatamaMiasma

Nov 19, 2018
Did you use an old save?
Ah yes, I did on every try. I wasn't aware that would be a problem.

A word of compliment though, I love your work. I love the different approach this game is taking and ahhhh it's just so good. Enjoying it so much. Bless you!

Last edited:

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Ah yes, I did on every try. I wasn't aware that would be a problem.

A word of compliment though, I love your work. I love the different approach this game is taking and ahhhh it's just so good. Enjoying it so much. Bless you!

Yep, old saves will always bug the game out. If you've been doing that for awhile you probably missed some stuff. I haven't ever really figured out a way around it based on my limited coding experience. That's why I use the chapter select at the beginning so that you don't have to start all the way over like a few other games on this site that release updates similar to how I do.

But thanks, though. I really appreciate the compliment. I'm enjoying doing my own thing, too.

Nov 9, 2017
It is short. Basically, if it could go wrong that month--it did. It was a horrible time both professional and personal in creating that update. I had multiple computer problems, purchased a new one and had it shipped then reinstalled everything. Plus my entire family fell apart and I had people in three different hospitals. It was a fucking mess, bro.

v11 and v12 could have been one update together. However, the conversations for Braden and Mikhail were very different and I wanted to split the writing separately so it was done this way. Trying to do both of those conversations justice was a lot of pressure so I needed the break between to reset my head. However, I'm proud of this update and will go on record saying it's my favorite so far
Know how you feel about pc problems. I'm still using a single core cpu from 2006 with 2gb ram and I can't upgrade because I'd need to just buy a whole new comp for $300 I don't have.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Know how you feel about pc problems. I'm still using a single core cpu from 2006 with 2gb ram and I can't upgrade because I'd need to just buy a whole new comp for $300 I don't have.

Yeah, I'm enjoying my upgrade so far. Definitely making the new update go smoother.

and now to answer your question

Procyon

Oct 31, 2018
OMG YAY! Even though it was a short update it was awesome! So much of your story telling is just so incredibly relate-able.

Thank you again for this Aaryn! You made my shitty Monday a fantastic Monday! <3 <3 <3

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes