VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

fidreeeoil

Aug 16, 2022
Hi Arryn. Thanks for the correction. I did several back-and-forth traversals of the story, and I must have gotten confused about which route I was in when I checked Braden's old picture. So, that takes down about half of my theory! Which is great. Instead of guessing what might happen, now I more would be guessing at the kind of pressures this young couple might be facing going forward.

Again, no sequel is needed; the character arcs reach a very satisfying conclusion. Let readers imagine from there for themselves. Unless the spirit comes to move you further - I won't doubt your creative impulse.

The creation of unique, interesting, believable, relatable characters is a major element in good fiction writing. You did it here. Sequel or no, keep us posted on future projects, please.

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hi Arryn. Thanks for the correction. I did several back-and-forth traversals of the story, and I must have gotten confused about which route I was in when I checked Braden's old picture. So, that takes down about half of my theory! Which is great. Instead of guessing what might happen, now I more would be guessing at the kind of pressures this young couple might be facing going forward.

Again, no sequel is needed; the character arcs reach a very satisfying conclusion. Let readers imagine from there for themselves. Unless the spirit comes to move you further - I won't doubt your creative impulse.

The creation of unique, interesting, believable, relatable characters is a major element in good fiction writing. You did it here. Sequel or no, keep us posted on future projects, please.
will do. the ending is layered enough imo for there to be a lot of different theories to come out of it and doing an actual sequel would limit the freedom of the ending we already had so i'm very careful to confirm or deny the ending. it's been fun to hear the theories though. people have picked up on most of the ways that I was going with the story and what may or may not have even happened. I like those kinds of endings because you can read into them as deeply as you like. But i'm glad you feel better about half your theory going out the window. The wrestling picture is pretty consistent and comes up a couple of times: once in the room when Zack looks at it in the dark and again when Ash returns it on the park bench (a much closer shot). Ernie is only present as part of the wrestling team in the pervy route when Zack and Mikhail walk in to visit Braden. In the respect route, he's not. I was pretty happy nobody caught onto that. But maybe those extra 2 things can give you a few more anchors for your revised theory :)
i appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you liked this little thing

Reactions: mortimerX

dnovaes96

Jul 10, 2020
I think I only had the intention to comment on two games here: Coming out on top and Straight!?. I never commented on Coming out on top because it seemed, IDK, irrelevant as I just took a walkthrough and devoured the game in the most methodically gamer way. But, fuck Aaryn, you literally made me cry in a lot of points, Zack resonated a lot in me with de courage and inner turmoil/lost timing thing and I'm really thankful that I decided to play this because this was a masterpiece. I rarely comment, tbh I think this is the first time I'm doing this and I'm feeling really dumb, but I needed to let you know that I love your writing, I love your approach on feelings and inner contemplation and I'm really happy to see a project so well done.

Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I think I only had the intention to comment on two games here: Coming out on top and Straight!?. I never commented on Coming out on top because it seemed, IDK, irrelevant as I just took a walkthrough and devoured the game in the most methodically gamer way. But, fuck Aaryn, you literally made me cry in a lot of points, Zack resonated a lot in me with de courage and inner turmoil/lost timing thing and I'm really thankful that I decided to play this because this was a masterpiece. I rarely comment, tbh I think this is the first time I'm doing this and I'm feeling really dumb, but I needed to let you know that I love your writing, I love your approach on feelings and inner contemplation and I'm really happy to see a project so well done.
hey, glad you liked it and could relate to my little project. Sorry about the tears but hopefully that just means you were invested. I cried writing it several times too so I got my fair share of tears. I appreciate the first time comment <3

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
hey, glad you liked it and could relate to my little project. Sorry about the tears but hopefully that just means you were invested. I cried writing it several times too so I got my fair share of tears. I appreciate the first time comment <3
Ah! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who cried while reading this wonderful story. ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

fidreeeoil

Aug 16, 2022
Hi Arryn. How's your reworking of the early chapters going? I hope that's still happening. I'm sharing the story with a friend, and we made it through the first three chapters.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hi Arryn. How's your reworking of the early chapters going? I hope that's still happening. I'm sharing the story with a friend, and we made it through the first three chapters.
heya. first off I appreciate you sharing the game with others. helps me get the word out because i've never really marketed this much and really depended on word of mouth so thankyou. I really appreciate that.

In terms of the rework, it's going well. I'll use your question as a jumping point on why I haven't posted it over here yet. The first "demo" of the rework is already out, free, and is available on my Patreon page . Thus far, it's only been posted on the Patreon site until last night where I got it up on itch.io. The reason I had delayed posting it elsewhere has been that some sites, f95zone in particular, get weird about how games are posted when they're revamps (a lot of devs start completely new threads for the revamp). I didn't want to start a new thread because it's the same game-- the revamp is just another stage of development for it. However, I didn't want to delete the old version of the game with the full story. The demo revamp only has the first day of the game-- so it's very short in comparison to the length of game updates I usually do that are a few hours.

So between working on the next version of the revamp, I've been trying to redo some of these sites like itch.io and finally would work my way here to relist the game within the same forum but have 2 different versions of it that are available: the original with the full story and the revamp which is following the same story path.

I'll confess that updating here has slowly become less of a priority because I get waaaaay less traffic from other here in comparison to other sites. Most people that found the game here have just joined the discord or patreon to get news updates that way and they're less active here. I still don't mind doing updates here and checking in though.

v0.02 of the revamp was actually dropped yesterday on the Patreon site and includes the first half of chapter one. Your'e more than welcome to check out the revamp but I'd honestly recommend waiting until you finish the base game first. I think the emotions hit a lot harder. The revamp is completely new with massive image changes, better writing (the beginning of the game had really shitty writing imo and I improved a lot), plus sound effects and legally licensed music.

My initial revamp updates are shorter and a tad slower than I like but I anticipate them speeding up as I get the original environments reworked. A lot of the early game is the same character positions, just different outfits and stuff. Right now the revamp v0.02 is available to Patreon supporters but will be free on 11/22 and i'll upload it over here then-- pending someone doesn't get mad for me still having 2 versions of the same game in this one thread. Hopefully, that makes sense. If you have questions, lemme know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica and jdm2089

fidreeeoil

Aug 16, 2022
Thanks for the progress details, Arryn. You are probably about to become my first Patreon account, or whatever it's called. Hah, I've avoided paying for "creative work" online, like CB and OF, since there's an infinite amount of free stuff available, but there's pretty much only one of what you're doing.

My friend and I are probably going to do Ch. 4 this evening. He's getting into it, and despite my keeping quiet, he's already figured out some of the general implications.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I will say the beginning of the game is very rough and not something that I'm overly proud of. if you're ok with it so far it gets infinitely better. I was really following the trends of the time when I did those earlier chapters and I eventually said fuck that and moved away from it and did what I really wanted to do. I started doing my own thing in chapter 5

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica

zebarfunch

Dec 22, 2018
Hey Aaryn, I'm having trouble joining the discord server. It's giving me an error that I'm unable to accept the invite link and/or invalid if I try on my phone instead of computer. I'm using . Any ideas on how else to join?

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hey Aaryn, I'm having trouble joining the discord server. It's giving me an error that I'm unable to accept the invite link and/or invalid if I try on my phone instead of computer. I'm using . Any ideas on how else to join?
that looks like the right link to me. You can try clicking on a link directly from my linktree too but it's the same. It is considered an adult server so if you have an iphone, I think Apple blocks adult stuff until you go do it from a computer first. So maybe try the link from a desktop just to join then run it off your phone from there.

btw, if you make it in, wave at me or something so i know you made it

Reactions: zebarfunch

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
to anyone still following over here, the revamp links are now posted in the OP so check it out. I tried twice to get mods to post it on the latest updates but I haven't seen it yet so i'm not sure what's going on there.

Reactions: CobraPL

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
Hi Aryn!
Glad to see you back here and to hear from you.
Thanks for always posting game updates here.
Good luck with all your projects.

• Love

jdm2089

Jun 27, 2021
to anyone still following over here, the revamp links are now posted in the OP so check it out. I tried twice to get mods to post it on the latest updates but I haven't seen it yet so i'm not sure what's going on there.
HEy Aaryn! Any update on when the next revamp update will be coming out on Patreon in December?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Straight-0.2.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
If you have issues please use this thread or join us on !

RedFT

Apr 7, 2020
But is the storygame (not the remake) finish with the anal sex fail? Because i don't understand the real progress of the game

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
HEy Aaryn! Any update on when the next revamp update will be coming out on Patreon in December?
Gonna drop the next revamp on Patreon tomorrow

But is the storygame (not the remake) finish with the anal sex fail? Because i don't understand the real progress of the game
The regular version is finished. the revamp will have the same ending. I'm mostly just redoing the beginning and adding sound and fixing some of the writing. I'm not sure i understand your other comment about no game progress, though

Reactions: jdm2089

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hi Aryn!
Glad to see you back here and to hear from you.
Thanks for always posting game updates here.
Good luck with all your projects.
bah, for some reason your comment didn't copy into my last response. sorry about that. thanks for the support and glad you like it. if you want more up to date responses on things though, i'm much better on itch.io, our discord or twitter. most of the people over here that followed the game have moved to those platforms. if you're interested in those, there's a linktree in my signature

Moosica

Dec 7, 2021
bah, for some reason your comment didn't copy into my last response. sorry about that. thanks for the support and glad you like it. if you want more up to date responses on things though, i'm much better on itch.io, our discord or twitter. most of the people over here that followed the game have moved to those platforms. if you're interested in those, there's a linktree in my signature
Thank you, Aryn!
Let's just say that your game touched me a lot. The answers given to the players are always right.
You didn't offend me with your last answer, I'd even say it made me smile.

• Red Heart

jdm2089

Jun 27, 2021
Gonna drop the next revamp on Patreon tomorrow

The regular version is finished. the revamp will have the same ending. I'm mostly just redoing the beginning and adding sound and fixing some of the writing. I'm not sure i understand your other comment about no game progress, though
The update was GREAT! Nice use of the updated model and that sound byte in the shower! Nice!

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes