campfap

Jul 31, 2017
Hey,
first time playing the game and so far its great. On day 8 when trying to talk to Umiko on the laptop i get the following error log
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is there a easy way to fix it myself or should i wait for next version/bugfix ?

Thanks

Reactions: Odin Eye Patch

nwoguy

May 30, 2017
Wildman Dev

absolutely loving the game, I've always enjoyed games where there is a good back story/puzzle to figure out and not just typical MC bangs everything in sight with no effort. Also loving the sci-fi aspect.

I am just wishing that you'd have started the game using better compressed images because at this rate even with high speed internet, with the limited download options available it will take a lot of time to download. It took 2 days for me through Mega, because the size it had to be split up into 2 different download sessions.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
...And for those who don't want to affect Nemy's marriage, Daphne's path is... going to be a fun one.
Well, for my part TBH I usually play games — adult or not — for the story more than anything. (Puzzle games, etc., are fun sometimes too, so there are ofc exceptions.) Given that, while I did say it was rough for me to see Nemy's reaction, start getting invested in her, and then feel badly about the nightmarish situation for her, I still am doing a second playthrough with her awake. I enjoy seeing where that takes things in the story, even if in this case it only provides a different character and side story and doesn't affect the main story in the slightest.

BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but does the photo not get added to the main laptop gallery if you choose to accept Camila's dare and announce publicly that you're a huge pervert? Because after I do that, I see the envelope icon go orangish again, but when I open the gallery that photo isn't there. And then, if I return to the conversation with Camila and click her photo a second time the envelope goes orangish again. And again, in the gallery, I don't see it. Sorry if you already know about this; I didn't search this thread to see whether it's been reported for you.

EDIT:

Last edited:

campfap

Jul 31, 2017
campfap (love your name by the way) i ran into the same problem
Haha thanks,
i have no clue how renpy works but i gotit fixed by renaming the variable causing the error. Not sure if you rather want to wait for a hotfix but just i case here is how i did it:

1. Used Unren to unpack the rpa files
  2. Used Unren to decompile the rpyc files
  3. Deleted rpa files manual (typed .rpa in the search bar of the game folder and deleted every search result)
  4. Deleted rpyc files (same as above, just nuked the old, compiled files)
  5. Opened laptopd8.rpy with a text editor (Note++ for me)
  6. Searched for umiko_photo_hunt and renamed it to umiko_photo_hunt_1 (should be 2 search results)
  7. saved and done

Last edited:

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
thanks man im shit at that kind of thing and i probably end up fucking it up thanks for uploading the file (y)

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I can but im pretty sure you still need to do step 1-3 or renpy will use the orginal, unfixed .rpa files. anyway here are the fixed ones. They go straight into the "strandedinspace/game" folder.
Thanks for doing that, I'll add your patch to the OP.

Reactions: campfap

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Well, for my part TBH I usually play games — adult or not — for the story more than anything. (Puzzle games, etc., are fun sometimes too, so there are ofc exceptions.) Given that, while I did say it was rough for me to see Nemy's reaction, start getting invested in her, and then feel badly about the nightmarish situation for her, I still am doing a second playthrough with her awake. I enjoy seeing where that takes things in the story, even if in this case it only provides a different character and side story and doesn't affect the main story in the slightest.

BTW, I forgot to mention it earlier, but does the photo not get added to the main laptop gallery if you choose to accept Camila's dare and announce publicly that you're a huge pervert? Because after I do that, I see the envelope icon go orangish again, but when I open the gallery that photo isn't there. And then, if I return to the conversation with Camila and click her photo a second time the envelope goes orangish again. And again, in the gallery, I don't see it. Sorry if you already know about this; I didn't search this thread to see whether it's been reported for you.

EDIT:
The Camila pic is a bug that will be fixed in the newest update.

Wildman Dev

absolutely loving the game, I've always enjoyed games where there is a good back story/puzzle to figure out and not just typical MC bangs everything in sight with no effort. Also loving the sci-fi aspect.

I am just wishing that you'd have started the game using better compressed images because at this rate even with high speed internet, with the limited download options available it will take a lot of time to download. It took 2 days for me through Mega, because the size it had to be split up into 2 different download sessions.
Yeah, I've been torn on image compression for a long time, lol.

Non-Android, I don't compress at all... but a compression of 1%, which is mostly very, very minor color-loss, would reduce the file size by about 66%.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Wait a second, we lose Zara for an entire week no matter what we do???
Nooooooo she's such a cutie tho!

Reactions: b3488c87

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
There are occasional mistakes here and there, so well spotted. However, given that I see people say things like "that needs fixed", thinking it's good English, I wasn't bothered by small errors like this.
Yeah but I started posting all of these slightly off wordings now. I think I'd be able to go over the whole script and find them and maybe the text for each girl can sound more like it's written by them in general since it's text but that might be difficult for Wildman to think through as that seems intensely difficult.
1654714930364.png

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Yeah but I started posting all of these slightly off wordings now. I think I'd be able to go over the whole script and find them and maybe the text for each girl can sound more like it's written by them in general since it's text but that might be difficult for Wildman to think through as that seems intensely difficult.
View attachment 1859070
I'm fixing every typo/grammar issue that's posted.

I should probably use some kind of editing software.

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes