Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I personally always make it a point to save after the MC wakes first thing in the morning, just before the laptop conversations begin. Like Wildman says, you can skip the majority of conversations if you click the letter. So run through the conversations, see what you like best for your choices. Then, reload just before the laptop and make the choices you prefer — and "undo" wrong answers . . . the girls can get tricky sometimes.
That's a good idea - also, there are auto-saves created at the start of each day too, just in case you forget to manually save.

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
This MC is such a pussy (I'm referencing his interactions with Tiffany and Camila). The KN is pretty good so far (the ridiculous stairway to heaven trope with FOURTEEN women is a kind of annoying), but I hate being forced to immerse myself in male MC's that are written with the whole over-the-top nice guy shtick. It generally leads to a lot of bloated, cringe dialog (see: a lot of the laptop conversations), and situations where the MC ends up looking like (and/or sounding like) a bitch.

I'll keep going, because I'm slightly invested; but I don't know how much more of this MC I can take. :LOL:

Side note: I don't think I've every seen a guy get PROMISED more sex than this guy. LOL! It's a very interesting spin on a very overused trope (stairway to heaven).

I'm hoping everything corrects itself in time, and that I can stay engage with the KN long enough to actually get there.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
This MC is such a pussy (I'm referencing his interactions with Tiffany and Camila). The KN is pretty good so far (the ridiculous stairway to heaven trope with FOURTEEN women is a kind of annoying), but I hate being forced to immerse myself in male MC's that are written with the whole over-the-top nice guy shtick. It generally leads to a lot of bloated, cringe dialog (see: a lot of the laptop conversations), and situations where the MC ends up looking like (and/or sounding like) a bitch.

I'll keep going, because I'm slightly invested; but I don't know how much more of this MC I can take. :LOL:

Side note: I don't think I've every seen a guy get PROMISED more sex than this guy. LOL! It's a very interesting spin on a very overused trope (stairway to heaven).

I'm hoping everything corrects itself in time, and that I can stay engage with the KN long enough to actually get there.
Don't know how far into the story you are, so this might be a spoiler. But it looks like the PC being a bullshitter will be a major plot point. The nice guy shtick is actually nothing more than a shtick and the PC is just saying whatever it takes. Not sure why that's necessary, since there's only one character that isn't OK with being part of a harem, but it seems like the overarching story is that the PC is some kind of trained corpo whore.

Reactions: gotmy223

TrixieB

Mar 21, 2020
Having issues on day 11 during the laptop conversations. After the first conversation with Camila and trying to get her lewd pic. it freezes after you try to do what she says in group chat. I am using android

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Having issues on day 11 during the laptop conversations. After the first conversation with Camila and trying to get her lewd pic. it freezes after you try to do what she says in group chat. I am using android
Easiest solution: Stop using Android.

Just kidding. Do you have any issues with other games? Most likely, you'll have a traceback.txt file in your main folder for the game (so up one level from the \game folder). If you do, attaching that might help Wildman out to look at what might be wrong. Also, how new / old is your Android device?

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
I'll look into this more closely... is your persistent group chat skip delay turned on in the preferences? If so, you could try unselecting that.

TrixieB

Mar 21, 2020
Easiest solution: Stop using Android.

Just kidding. Do you have any issues with other games? Most likely, you'll have a traceback.txt file in your main folder for the game (so up one level from the \game folder). If you do, attaching that might help Wildman out to look at what might be wrong. Also, how new / old is your Android device?
No it seems my other android versions of avns work fine. The tablet I use is pretty new.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

TrixieB

Mar 21, 2020
I'll look into this more closely... is your persistent group chat skip delay turned on in the preferences? If so, you could try unselecting that.
It worked. It did not freeze. Thanks so much. The only issue no hot sexy Camila photo in the album but I least got it. Thanks again.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 364, in <module>
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1205, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1214, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1219, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1285, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1286, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1286, in <module>
NameError: name 'umiko_photo_hunt' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "laptoplabels.rpyc", line 364, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 364, in <module>
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1561, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1214, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1219, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1285, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1286, in execute
  File "game/laptopd8.rpy", line 1286, in <module>
NameError: name 'umiko_photo_hunt' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2175
Stranded In Space 1.3
Tue Jun  7 16:29:53 2022
Sadly, this is a bug that will be fixed when the new update comes out.

I'd recommend not talking to Umiko on the laptop - Day 8. Sorry.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Question, if we choose Lira as our neighbor does that close the door on Camila? I am on day 9 and got super sad when confronted.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Question, if we choose Lira as our neighbor does that close the door on Camila? I am on day 9 and got super sad when confronted.
This choice is a bit hard to read, because if you give the room to Camila she just keeps on antagonizing the PC in the usual way. Only if you don't give the room to her does she reveal that she's actually pissed off.
I don't think you can close the door on any woman in this game (besides maybe the one you keep frozen). I think the choices are more about unlocking additional bonding scenes. Now the tough part is that it seems like not giving the room to Camila actually let's the PC bond with her more, because only then does she reveal that she knows it was the PC's decision. But this might change in future updates, because the rooms also contain the personal items of the women and show more about their personality.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Damn you, Magnus. It's fixed.

Camila's door is not closed, it's just limited. The same is true of Lira's if you chose Camila. In all routes/choices, there will still be sexual content with both girls, but Camila's arc is narrowed if she's not your neighbor. The same is true for Lira.

• Sad
Reactions: The ArcKnight

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Camila's door is not closed, it's just limited. The same is true of Lira's if you chose Camila. In all routes/choices, there will still be sexual content with both girls, but Camila's arc is narrowed if she's not your neighbor. The same is true for Lira.
Will this work similarly for the choice between Nemy and Daphne or is it true that only one of them is the last woman to wake up ever? Because, damn, that was a tough one.
I would have liked to give the good girls Alina and Elsie some reinforcement, but waking Nemy seemed like such an asshole choice. Daphne is a little boring to me, because she's too similar to the rest of the cast imo.

Reactions: Call of Booty

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Will this work similarly for the choice between Nemy and Daphne or is it true that only one of them is the last woman to wake up ever? Because, damn, that was a tough one.
I would have liked to give the good girls Alina and Elsie some reinforcement, but waking Nemy seemed like such an asshole choice. Daphne is a little boring to me, because she's too similar to the rest of the cast imo.
Agreed. Because I want to see how things go with the different choices, I have a separate playthrough: one where I make choice A for all of them (Camila neighbor, Daphne awakened, recalled Egypt, etc.) and one where I make all B choices. And I have to say, especially given Nemy's clear love for her husband, I really feel badly for her if she's chosen. I'm still playing through with that, but holy hell. Ofc, given how the MC's life in the past appears to have been, that could sadly be par for the course for his choices.

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Whoever you wake up, the other will not be a part of the game.

I like the arcs for both Nemy and Daphne...

...And for those who don't want to affect Nemy's marriage, Daphne's path is... going to be a fun one.

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788
4.10 star(s) 86 Votes