ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I'll play devil's advocate.

It's a new game and already the dev has had a couple of delays to announced updates which, after the amount of abandoned games that followed that theme, sets off alarm bells in some people (me included).

There are a LOT of people that don't follow new games for similar reasons as I said above. The amount of new games abandoned is ridiculously high and some people are tired of starting to follow a game only to be disappointed shortly afterwards.

It's also the same reason quite a few people won't back new devs.

Those of us that jumped on the first release were told the next update was going to have 5 days and hold more content than the 8 released ..... then we were told it would be 3 days and given a release date ..... then told it would be delayed..... You must see why some of us are sceptical at this point?

None of that looks good. While I would love to be the font of optimism and creaming me panties in excitement, devs on here don't have a great track record once set backs and delays start happening.

So from a personal perspective. If things had gone originally as planned and the dev had been on track I would have been singing it's praises to the moon. As it stands with a few set backs and past disappointments that did the same thing, i'll just keep my eye on it for a while and see how it goes.

General rule of the interntet containing billions of people is "you are never the only one" so it stands to reason there are others that feel the same way and watching to see what happens before taking more risks.

Agreed with this. I just recently started to contribute to developer Patreons after ~ 6 years of piracy, and the rule I've developed is that I would only donate to devs who have a set track record and/or a consistent stream of content and release history.

That said Wildman, I really like your game, and I am planning on throwing a couple of bucks your way a month after a few more quality releases. Just wish there was a bit more interactivity in the laptop section, and more consequence from it. That and ya boy has a huge hardon for customizable outfits (such as when the pop star asked what she should wear from the laptop), but I guess I can only weigh in on that if you were planning on implementing that anyways. That and if I subscribe to the voting tier on your Patreon :p

Reactions: Avaron1974
Jun 28, 2018
I'll play devil's advocate.

It's a new game and already the dev has had a couple of delays to announced updates which, after the amount of abandoned games that followed that theme, sets off alarm bells in some people (me included).

There are a LOT of people that don't follow new games for similar reasons as I said above. The amount of new games abandoned is ridiculously high and some people are tired of starting to follow a game only to be disappointed shortly afterwards.

It's also the same reason quite a few people won't back new devs.

Those of us that jumped on the first release were told the next update was going to have 5 days and hold more content than the 8 released ..... then we were told it would be 3 days and given a release date ..... then told it would be delayed..... You must see why some of us are sceptical at this point?

None of that looks good. While I would love to be the font of optimism and creaming me panties in excitement, devs on here don't have a great track record once set backs and delays start happening.

So from a personal perspective. If things had gone originally as planned and the dev had been on track I would have been singing it's praises to the moon. As it stands with a few set backs and past disappointments that did the same thing, i'll just keep my eye on it for a while and see how it goes.

General rule of the interntet containing billions of people is "you are never the only one" so it stands to reason there are others that feel the same way and watching to see what happens before taking more risks.
ah the angry lesbian is back to give us peasants her sage like words of unimaginable wisdom. thank you your grace for such marvelous insight...

True Gamer X

Mar 3, 2021
For me both the "hidden" images clashed very noticeably with with the images they were superimposed upon. So all I did to find them was taking 5 second glances at each image until my glance picked up something that clashed.

These aren't hard to find. They're done via random algorithm rather than being hand-placed.
If that’s the case then why can’t I see any clashing or in my Mac version it says in umiko text “assuming my code works, it would be a small little clickable thingy, somewhere within one of your collected photos.” Yet I’ve looked and looked and have yet to find anything clickable!

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
If that’s the case then why can’t I see any clashing or in my Mac version it says in umiko text “assuming my code works, it would be a small little clickable thingy, somewhere within one of your collected photos.” Yet I’ve looked and looked and have yet to find anything clickable!
R_sxOe.png

There's an example of what it looks like. The randomness can make it hard to find, though in newer versions I nudge the placement a bit more towards the middle of the screen.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
so, is this going public at some point?

or do i have to make a patreon account, get it and leak it here:unsure:
it has been 3+weeks since the release, and no public version/leak, yet...which is strange considering its popularity, and number of patrons. or 95% of those 300+ patrons actually is one guy only:HideThePain:

• Hey there
Reactions: "CJ"

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021

it has been 3+weeks since the release, and no public version/leak, yet...which is strange considering its popularity, and number of patrons. or 95% of those 300+ patrons actually is one guy only:HideThePain:
Personally I won't touch patreon with a 20 foot barge-pole - but maybe that is just me!
I have bought a fair few games that i have discovered here - either on Steam or Itch.io, but this game does not appear on either of them.
As the "days12-13" update is supposed to come out at the end of this month, it is not worth buying anything until that update is out.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020

A while back, the dev posted a planned time frame for what he was going to do. I'm willing to wait it out and be patient.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Personally I won't touch patreon with a 20 foot barge-pole - but maybe that is just me!
I have bought a fair few games that i have discovered here - either on Steam or Itch.io, but this game does not appear on either of them.
As the "days12-13" update is supposed to come out at the end of this month, it is not worth buying anything until that update is out.
i dont like patreon either, yet i doubt the next update will be this month.
and the dev talked about change of dev.plans.
5-days update was overly ambitious, hence he split it into more realistic packages (2-3 days), which is a dynamic he intends to maintain in future.
regardless, unlike 99.9% of games, the first update of this game had a shitload of content, this update should have same amount, so the "investment" is far from being worthless...

Reactions: "CJ"

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
A potential sale?!?!?!?

i dont like patreon either, yet i doubt the next update will be this month.
and the dev talked about change of dev.plans.
5-days update was overly ambitious, hence he split it into more realistic packages (2-3 days), which is a dynamic he intends to maintain in future.
regardless, unlike 99.9% of games, the first update of this game had a shitload of content, this update should have same amount, so the "investment" is far from being worthless...
Your comments always have me on a roller coaster of emotion.
One comment - Should I pirate it for you guys?
The next - His updates have a lot of content in them, it's worth playing them.

Days 12-13 does have a lot of content. I'm getting closer every day to its completion. If it's still not pirated by then I plan on releasing a free version of a fully updated Stranded in Space Days 1-11.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
A potential sale?!?!?!?

Your comments always have me on a roller coaster of emotion.
One comment - Should I pirate it for you guys?
The next - His updates have a lot of content in them, it's worth playing them.

Days 12-13 does have a lot of content. I'm getting closer every day to its completion. If it's still not pirated by then I plan on releasing a free version of a fully updated Stranded in Space Days 1-11.
perhaps it would be good to add alongside your patreon in the OP;)

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Pretty impressive that a game with 305 patrons hasn't been leaked yet. Remember liking 1-8 a lot, but it's been a while since I played it, and I've gone through a few other sci-fi games since then, so some of the characters might be a bit fuzzy at this point. Anyway, looking forward to 9-11 (phrasing!) whenever it lands (also phrasing!).

Reactions: TheGremlin21

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Pretty impressive that a game with 305 patrons hasn't been leaked yet. Remember liking 1-8 a lot, but it's been a while since I played it, and I've gone through a few other sci-fi games since then, so some of the characters might be a bit fuzzy at this point. Anyway, looking forward to 9-11 (phrasing!) whenever it lands (also phrasing!).
In the next update (days 12-13) I'm implementing a biography/events page to combat this very issue.

crocro0000

Jul 31, 2020
Omg I finished now to play this game and it's one of the greatest games I've played. I can't wait for the new update, does anyone know when it'll be released? :love::love::love::love::love:

Reactions: Squarblesport

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Omg I finished now to play this game and it's one of the greatest games I've played. I can't wait for the new update, does anyone know when it'll be released? :love::love::love::love::love:
I appreciate the interest! I'm still nailing down the exact date, but it won't be much longer at all, I promise! Very soon!

Hi. Free version release date??
I also appreciate the interest! I'm going to release the Days 9-11 free version on June 1st. Probably around 7-8 PM EST.

PepeRodos

Sep 30, 2021
I appreciate the interest! I'm still nailing down the exact date, but it won't be much longer at all, I promise! Very soon!

I also appreciate the interest! I'm going to release the Days 9-11 free version on June 1st. Probably around 7-8 PM EST.
(y);)

Alzade

Dec 3, 2018
I really loved the game when i played it. Original story, fun conversations especially the laptop convos. Unfortunately i'm not able to support via patreon or itch.io because of how f'd up the economy is in my country, but at least i can comment how good the game is :giggle:

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes