VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Ch.2 v0.2.2] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
This was...beautiful... I wish i could be more descriptive or verbose but i think that a simple word is more fitting. It accomplishes one of the simplest yet most difficult things to achieve: getting you hooked on the story and making you feel like a part of it.
Another paragraph is deserved for the beautiful art, music, dialogue, and ambiance.
Congratulations to the Dev(s). A big fan here.

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
Wow, just...wow. I've had this game on my to-do list for over a year now. I've seen people going on and on endlessly about the writing quality, but I generally don't play these until they have at least a couple of chapters out. The posts I've read (mostly on Reddit) about just how good the writing here is really do not do it justice. It always seemed like they were describing "good for an AVN" quality of writing, but this is just great in general. I just finished Chapter 1, and that bar scene with Amy was honestly the most engaging encounter I've ever seen an MC have with a LI. This will absolutely be a day 1 purchase on Steam for me.

Big_Bad

Jun 27, 2024
Really liked Becca's path, beautiful romance with history(for the MC), slow build up, flirting and explosion of feelings at the end of the 2nd chapter.
The environment is alluring, captivating, quite amazing how good it looks for a game.

One thing i didnt quite get are two things at the very end of the 2nd chapter.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Comrade Anulnyat

donbas

Sep 23, 2017
That's the title of a literary masterpiece by Dazai Osamu. Amazing book, definitely recommend.
It goes by the title No Longer Human in the English translation.
Yes, No Longer Human is the official English title of the book but the japanese translation of 人間失格(ningen shikkaku) also can mean disqualified as a human or something of the sorts. Weird :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: superseveneight

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
Wait, the animated tag is not in the planned nor the not planned. Which is it?
Good question! The reason why they're not there is because we are currently not interested in implementing them, but we don't want to discard the idea altogether as we may change our minds as development progresses. We are aware that, if we were to promise the animations will be there and end up not doing them, some people will fairly take offense.

Although, sure, they can also take offense without any promises being made, so for now we're choosing the gray area until we know for sure.

Reactions: Clemency
Mar 18, 2020
Yes, No Longer Human is the official English title of the book but the japanese translation of 人間失格(ningen shikkaku) also can mean disqualified as a human or something of the sorts. Weird :ROFLMAO:
Oh yeah, disqualified as a human is the more accurate translation.
I’m just curious if the author used that particular expression because he’s also a fan of Dazai’s work or solely because Becca’s a completely lost and disenfranchised individual and it fit well with her theme.

4.90 star(s) 51 Votes