VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Ch.2 v0.2.2] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

4.90 star(s) 61 Votes

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
Author's vision, I suppose. I'm not sure if they can technically create animations but they definitely could render at different angle. Yet Gloomy Ghosts deliberately chose not to. They already have that wide screen resolution for movie-like effect. The scene might be an extension of the setting. GGs are really the only one who can answer that. Anyway, calling it "pathetic excuse of an sex scene" mostly shows your frustration by absence of genitals you can look at. It's hardly can be called an objective criticism
Couldn't really care about animations, they are extremely overrated and waste too much development time.
The reason i called it pathetic is definitely because of my frustration of how the sex scene is so vastly inferior to everything else and ends up doing injustice to the overall quality of the game.
Part of the reason why i would've been ok if it just didn't exist, because it clearly doesn't justify the pay off to all of your choices visually at least.

Gobugobu

May 16, 2023
Couldn't really care about animations, they are extremely overrated and waste too much development time.
The reason i called it pathetic is definitely because of my frustration of how the sex scene is so vastly inferior to everything else and ends up doing injustice to the overall quality of the game.
Part of the reason why i would've been ok if it just didn't exist, because it clearly doesn't justify the pay off to all of your choices visually at least.
The developer has explained this work in detail in the FAQ section of the developer notes, so please read that.

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
I'm not talking about any of the narrative/emotional aspects of it, i'm strictly speaking from a visual standpoint.
How is the whole game going to look like a masterpiece with every render that can be used as a wallpaper but the main pay off for what your characters have been building upto so weak?
That has to be one of the worst sex scenes visually i have ever come across, you can't appreciate the beauty of Becca at all cause you don't even see her naked body properly, no boobs, no pussy and neither do you witness any proper penetration.
Has to be the only weak aspect of this whole game.
I didn't need to see MC's dick but yes, seeing Becca in all of her glory would have been better.

Reactions: mma456

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this game, I can't remember if I saw it on someone's signature, or it was recommended in some suggestion list based on Summer Heat that I had searched for. At first glance, the preview images, the summary, and the two LIs' promo picture all captivated me. I think that there is a time in every AVN enjoyer's life that after discovering the genre for a while, the new factor is gone, so you either develop intolerance to some typical AVN tropes, such as endless cringe anime jokes or pop culture references, kindergarten-like level of writing, and the constant bombardment of lewd scenes for irrelevant characters. For me, it was the former, not to say there's anything wrong with enjoying the latter, or both at once.

This game has it all, top-tier writing (no one is asking for Tolkien stuff), beautiful renders, well-written characters and a grounded enough setting for the genre we are all in. It is a "tight" game, just solid overall, great for those looking for a standard human tale. The MC is also decent enough, not a loser, incel, or a horndog for no reason. The soundtrack is nice too. The artsy aesthetic is also another plus in my book.

It seems that this is the devs' first game, so I applaud them for not stuffing your game with about 20 girls to chase after, with just a few of them actually mattering to the story. This makes development extra harder to account for all of them. Sure, you can do such a thing, but I wouldn't climb two steps at once to show-off just to get stuck later on due to having many branches and scenarios to account for, unless you're already capable for that. Otherwise, it's literally this:

Bike-Fall-iu2qe.jpg

As for the girls, I like them both, but it felt more logical, at least to me, to join Becca in chapter one, and her scenes in said trip were just top-notch. Though, I do wish the devs had taken another route, as in, since it's the first chapter, I believe it would be ideal to allow the player to know both girls better without having to exclude the other - sure, you can make another playthrough/save, but that's not as immersive. It feels like the game does more harm to its story early on by doing this. But I do understand this is a creative decision, it's certainly not up to me. Just saying how I would have probably done it.

So yeah, overall, great stuff. It seems this game will be short, but regardless, I will follow the devs' career with great interest. Can't wait to see what else is released in the future, if there's ever another game… of course. Fantastic potential. I will support this game, subscribed (y)

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1726104650549.png

Hey there, strangers. I hope you’re having a great week. This is like the third time I’m typing up this dev log, because it just never ended up feeling like what I wanted it to be. I’m just overthinking it though, because after the release and everything, getting back on track is always a bit of a challenge, but here we are.

So, where is here? Let’s see.

About Chapter 2

Our hearts are filled with love for how you’ve welcomed this chapter. I don’t care how many times I have to say it, this chapter was a freaking struggle to work through - for reasons unrelated to the actual game - and getting it done was already an amazing reward in itself, but then reading your comments and theories and praise and reflections on it? Electric.

About hardware

Grogu finally got a new video card! Yet it turns out his pc is too shitty to handle it as it is, so it’s gonna take a bit longer till he can actually get a good PSU and make some good use out of it. Once he does though, it should ease a lot of his frustrations with me writing four characters into one shot.

As for me… remember how my laptop died at the beginning of the year and I had to work from my phone for months? Well… it’s fucking happened again. This time, though, I luckily had someone who let me borrow an old one of theirs and I’m using that for now. Care to guess what they’ve found so far inside my laptop? Remember when last year I had a nasty cockroach infestation in my old apartment? I’m still… speechless. Fortunately, apparently it’s all fixable - unfortunately, this was a huge financial setback which I was not expecting.

About SoP

As we make our way into Chapter 3, we’ve also been working on some things we’ve been wanting to introduce to the UI, as well as some very minor adjustments to the code and some lines. We’re confident you’re gonna love it when the time comes, but for now we’ll keep it as a little secret.

About Chapter 3

So, what can you expect from Chapter 3? If you were paying attention to some clues in Chapter 2, you may already know some characters you’ve met before will be returning and… it’s gonna be fun. Open Mic night. Lots of shit going down. Trauma everywhere. Can you tell I’m the writer here? ‘Cause I can’t.

Anyway, we’ll leave you with a little preview of what our main girls Becca and Amy will be looking like here (just be aware there’s always a chance some things may change in the future). As always, each little detail and color and shape is very intentional - we may or may not have spent over three hours just on the two of them. Most people may not care all that much about those details when they see them, but, for us, that’s what makes them feel more real and… it just makes sense.

Thank you as always.

1726104679529.png

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
The developer has explained this work in detail in the FAQ section of the developer notes, so please read that.
Yeah if anyone played this game for more than 10 minutes they would come to the same conclusion as what's mentioned there.
Not here to talk about anything which contradicts the devs vision though, just that the sexual scenes don't even come close visually to normal scenes.
I'm not here to get acquainted with the characters' backs while they have sex or the Mc's back every time he blocks the view of the girls he is having sex with:KEK:

Last edited:

Gobugobu

May 16, 2023
Yeah if anyone played this game for more than 10 minutes they would come to the same conclusion as what's mentioned there.
Not here to talk about anything which contradicts the devs vision though, just that the sexual scenes don't even come close visually to normal scenes.
I'm not here to get acquainted with the characters' backs while they have sex or the Mc's back every time he blocks the view of the girls he is having sex with:KEK:
Enough.gif

• Sad
Reactions: mma456

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
A big reason it was rushed is because MC is presented as a nondeserving puppet, a tool for the girl who just happends to be horny enough for sex but not precisely into MC. The girl refuses many sex proposals from the guys and girls at the party, coming from the members of the band who seem to be portrayed as the usual sleaze balls who like to take fangirls and use them as cocksleeves or pussy lips (the girl gest propositioned by both males and females).
Players appreciate this scene as a total bust for MC, who is punished for not deserving of this ”great offering”- being the tool some girl rocks off and then she has the audacity to accuse her dildo for her dissapointing performance - she starts by pretending she was hot and bothered enough for the intimate incounter, but then she turns out to be just another cold and calculated tool user who is this unskilled of a user that her tool runs out of steam before she gets off on it.

MC is handled like a dildo in this scene and he goes along with it, only to see himself be declared responsible for her lack of skill.

Just as females, males need the right and prolonged stimulation and switch of positions to enjoy the moment, so having her just abuse MC and then let him hold the burdain of her mishap is the usual gaslighting girls do to guys all over the world.
I'm just being overly passionate about a game that I love and want to succeed.
Simps and declared feminist pretenders enjoy having the girl be the winner in all her struggles, even in her most obvious defeats.
They do not want a supposedly open and frisky girl be shown the way she is by making MC be to blame for her troubles, like he could ever hold them on his chest - MC is holding the whole bourdain of the two brother and sister in his heart, as the guy boasts his conquests and his apparent cupid powers to MC, who is being handed the suggestion by him to approach some girls, while the sister literally drags MC around to show him precisely how many guys and girls she has coming on to her on the day by day cycle - people literally jumpin in her face for the easiest of her abilities - getting her rocks off - which this game just portrayed MC - the abstinent frivolous quick shooter - as being the only one to blame for the fiasco of that sex scene.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr. Muscles

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
I have really enjoyed both the writing and the graphics. The graphics are less of an achievement (in the sense that there are several other stunning games I can compare SoP to), though still exemplary, but the writing is top notch.

A slice-of-life drama doesn't require the writer to cram lots of exposition into the story, which is a problem for fantasy or sci-fi, but at the same time it cannot rely on humor or genre tropes or the overall spiciness of content. SoP succeeds without these crutches.

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

Gobugobu

May 16, 2023

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
After seeing all the beautiful fan signatures that everyone had made, I wondered if I could do something myself, so I created a fan signature each for Becca and Amy.

Becca fan signatures

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/09/4083748_SOP_Becca_GIF_01.gif

Amy fan signatures

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/09/4083934_SOP_Amy_GIF_01.gif

Please refer to this post when using it.;)

https://f95zone.to/threads/strangers-on-paper-ch-2-v0-2-2-gloomy-ghost-studio.160994/post-10858172
These are gorgeous! Pinned to the OP.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gobugobu

Malcomeross1013

Sep 27, 2020
A beautiful queen bee/cheerleader type who keeps making gaming nerd references? And age of empires of all things? You could probably count the females who even know what that is in one hand...I get trying to make her relatable, but maybe dev went a bit overboard there....

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024
View attachment 4069582
Will you choose the girl for you? Can you? Are you even interested in them this much?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Have a play before Chapter 3 comes around.
Thanks mate, this community is one of the best ones out there.I always get good replies for any type of questions.I will try the game the renders of the girls look beautiful

Meiri

Nov 1, 2019
Thanks mate, this community is one of the best ones out there.I always get good replies for any type of questions.I will try the game the renders of the girls look beautiful
If lewds are your thing then go for Becca route, although its mostly at the end of her last chapter, up until now it is more about the relationship build up and getting their personal stories develop that's the strong point of this imo

Reactions: MrAlbarn

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... based on the ending of a path where the girl who gets fucked by eevryone fkks MC, finally, but get found out by her brother who revells in the fact MC is a pussy and cannot find a girl to save his life, this might be Cain and Abel ending: MC like a brother from another mother to his best friend, gets killed out of love by the brother of his beloved.
This isn't some tragic ending kinda of game right something just feels of like someone is gonna die
Which is kind of but not really the plot of a new movie coming out: Killer Heat The twin brother sex addict man whore fkks everything that moves and ends up fkking his twin brothers wife, then ends up dead

4.90 star(s) 61 Votes