VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Chp.1] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

5.00 star(s) 38 Votes

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
devlog16.png

Hi, everyone!

We hope you’ve been doing well! We’d like to let you all know of things that are coming your way these upcoming weeks. We’ve been preparing some content we can’t wait to share with you, such as:
  • DAZ and Visuals”, a guide by Grogu based on his experience with the software.
  • Dev Logs on character creation and notes on Chapter 2’s development and overview.
  • News regarding SOP’s journey to Steam.
  • A release date for Chapter 2”. Okay, I got carried away with the quotation marks there, but I’m personally very excited for this one.
Patreon-specific content:
  • A note for Tony”, a chance to have some of your words of positivity be included in Chapter 2 of SOP (available for Strangers and above).
  • A Behind-the-scenes article about the use of different environments in SOP (Acquaintances and above).
  • Some Becca goodness - we’ve only realized recently that Amy has ruled the past two weekly renders, so we’re switching things up a bit (Friends and above).
  • Previews of renders and content we have been preparing for Chapter 2 (Friends with Benefits and above).
  • There’s now ONE free spot in our “Childhood Crush” tier! If you’re interested in getting a printed render in the form of an instax - like the ones in the picture below-, do check it out.
On a more personal note… I don’t know, dudes. Writing this list up feels insane when we both still feel like we’ve no idea what we’re doing. It’s not just a feeling really, we’re taking things a step at the time, always trying to figure out how to handle things in a way that feels authentic to our vision, but sometimes we just get tired of being flawed humans, with flesh and bones and irregular bursts of productivity, anxiety and insecurity.

The good part is, once I express my frustration out loud, and I get ’d back, it doesn’t seem like that big of a burden anymore.

Anyways, I hope you’re having a great day and get excited for what’s to come! We’ve been making stupid rat noises of enthusiasm ourselves, so we expect nothing less from you all.

01.jpg

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
View attachment 2726093

Hi, everyone!

We hope you’ve been doing well! We’d like to let you all know of things that are coming your way these upcoming weeks. We’ve been preparing some content we can’t wait to share with you, such as:
  • DAZ and Visuals”, a guide by Grogu based on his experience with the software.
  • Dev Logs on character creation and notes on Chapter 2’s development and overview.
  • News regarding SOP’s journey to Steam.
  • A release date for Chapter 2”. Okay, I got carried away with the quotation marks there, but I’m personally very excited for this one.
Patreon-specific content:
  • A note for Tony”, a chance to have some of your words of positivity be included in Chapter 2 of SOP (available for Strangers and above).
  • A Behind-the-scenes article about the use of different environments in SOP (Acquaintances and above).
  • Some Becca goodness - we’ve only realized recently that Amy has ruled the past two weekly renders, so we’re switching things up a bit (Friends and above).
  • Previews of renders and content we have been preparing for Chapter 2 (Friends with Benefits and above).
  • There’s now ONE free spot in our “Childhood Crush” tier! If you’re interested in getting a printed render in the form of an instax - like the ones in the picture below-, do check it out.
On a more personal note… I don’t know, dudes. Writing this list up feels insane when we both still feel like we’ve no idea what we’re doing. It’s not just a feeling really, we’re taking things a step at the time, always trying to figure out how to handle things in a way that feels authentic to our vision, but sometimes we just get tired of being flawed humans, with flesh and bones and irregular bursts of productivity, anxiety and insecurity.

The good part is, once I express my frustration out loud, and I get ’d back, it doesn’t seem like that big of a burden anymore.

Anyways, I hope you’re having a great day and get excited for what’s to come! We’ve been making stupid rat noises of enthusiasm ourselves, so we expect nothing less from you all.

View attachment 2726095
Ca we have a version of this image only with Becca photos, please?

• Haha
Reactions: NebulousShooter

Dactess

Sep 9, 2021
Glad I stumbled onto this. I may be in the minority but I do tend to look for VN's that put story and characters first, sex second, so it is nice to find one like that.

I am looking forward to getting invested in a story again. Which already happened by the end of this first episode.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Though I am no doubt way off target with that.

That said, I now have to come to terms with the feeling of guilt for picking one and leaving the other to deal with their problems, but alas that is the price of being clairvoyant (well at least when it comes to knowing the events of this VN). It is still early though, so no point in making assumptions. (proceeding to assume) Though maybe there will be the possibility of helping the one that isn't a LI. A friend route like a previous post mentioned.

Sadly I lack the vocabulary and writing comprehension to put my opinion of the VN into words that would do it justice, but I will at least say that I did enjoy it. I am looking forward to seeing how the story plays out.

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
Strangers on Paper is now on Steam!

We are VERY happy to announce Strangers on Paper will be released on Steam! If you are familiar with the platform, you may know wishlists are quite important to new games, so we'd really appreciate it if you were to add SOP to yours, and then ask your mom, your dog, and neighbors to do so too.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Wait This is up on steam?
I'm going to wishlist it right now.

Edit - And done another great visual novel to add to my collection when it releases.

• Red Heart
Reactions: gloomyghost

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Best girl :love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A little more of Becca here to remind you SOP is on now and all additions to wishlists are very much welcome! We know you guys are already familiar with blue-haired Becca, which is why we have included that version of her here, but there's just something about Chapter 2's blonde Becca...

gloomyghost

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2022
Strangers on Paper - DevLog #16 | About Chapter 2

It’s actual announcement time! Woo!

We are very excited to let you all know Chapter 2 of Strangers in Paper will be available this coming September. And I’ll take this chance to remind you this will be the second of three (or maybe four) chapters. The story was always planned to last that long, there’s just some minor setbacks that may stretch it just a little bit (stubborn characters and shit).
We had initially considered August instead, and had been devoting as much time to it as we can to make it happen, but we will always prioritize making sure our game lives up to our vision and expectations for it, and we will continue to do so until the very last minute before releasing it. This is really our passion project, and we wouldn’t want to deliver an unfinished or rushed version given how many of you have reciprocated the love we have been putting into SOP.

posterch2.png

So what can you expect from Chapter 2?

Remember how we barely gave anything away about Chapter 1 or its characters? Ha, well, yeah, that’s still a thing, but I’ll do my best here with a general synopsis.

Chapter 1 was about those little moments of indecision in life in which a fortuitous meeting can really change things for you. Now, Chapter 2 is about how the hell you got there. History repeats itself when people refuse to learn the lessons behind past mistakes and fall back into bad habits. Either through an evening of music or an afternoon of traveling, you’ll find your own way to connect with yourself and those around you and figure out what is holding you back.

posterch22.png

But what does that mean for Becca/Amy?

All you need to know about Becca is she has moved past blue hair. And she cares about your opinion on it as much as you may imagine if you’ve met her already. As for Amy, you may finally have a chance to get a piece of that cake ;)

We’ll be sharing some more stuff about it in the following weeks, so… see you soon!

-GGS

camube

Jun 4, 2022
can i ask how long is one playthrough of chapter 1?
I need to set aside some time and would like to know in advance

5.00 star(s) 38 Votes