VN Ren'Py Strangers on Paper [Chp.1] [Gloomy Ghost Studio]

4.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Personally, I'm not sure animated sex scenes would in any way improve this game for me. To be perfectly honest, I often find them superfluous and boring, however many angles and speeds the Devs provide. Definitely not always, but often.
A lackluster or badly made animation for sex can ruin an otherwise nice build up to the scene and I find myself clicking through it impatiently.
I play different AVNs for slightly different reasons, this I play for the stories and the characters. And the pretty picks.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Unfortunately I've seen a lot of players say they won't even try games unless they have animations I've even seen devs say they have to include them because of fan demand.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to the topic of animations.

Reactions: Jarulf

Rhino3333

Nov 5, 2018
Personally, I'm not sure animated sex scenes would in any way improve this game for me. To be perfectly honest, I often find them superfluous and boring, however many angles and speeds the Devs provide. Definitely not always, but often.
A lackluster or badly made animation for sex can ruin an otherwise nice build up to the scene and I find myself clicking through it impatiently.
I play different AVNs for slightly different reasons, this I play for the stories and the characters. And the pretty picks.
Yeah exactly. You may like it, but most people won't. Unfortunately people don't play this kind of games for story. The plot is the building blocks, the prettier the merrier, but the sex is the foundation. Better sex better game. You may disagree but it is what it is.

Rhino3333

Nov 5, 2018
Unfortunately I've seen a lot of players say they won't even try games unless they have animations I've even seen devs say they have to include them because of fan demand.

True. I am indeed one of the "lot of players" who think sex animations is just the industry standard these days.

Real issue here is that dev specifically says there will be animation for other scenes but none for sex. Prettier weird choice. Personally think it's worse than having no animations at all.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Yeah exactly. You may like it, but most people won't. Unfortunately people don't play this kind of games for story. The plot is the building blocks, the prettier the merrier, but the sex is the foundation. Better sex better game. You may disagree but it is what it is.
The topic of why we play these games crop up now and then. I really don't think all people play them only because of the sex, most of us definitely get curious about them and start playing them because of that, but I also see people claiming they keep playing them because of engaging stories and characters. I certainly enjoy a well-made sex scene, animated or not, but a game that doesn't provide context, background, plot and so on that engage me, is a game I'm likely to stop playing. I'd rather play a good story focused game without sex scenes than one with good sex scenes but without the rest.
Still, from a purely economic perspective I'm sure Joshy92 and others are correct. Sex sells, after all.

Reactions: yossa999

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Oh there is a right or wrong imo.

If you can't do a good (minimium 10 second/30 fps) animation, AND make it look natural and smooth, then just don't bother. Most animations (sex) in VN's are just truly fucking attrocious and definitely do not make anything better at all.

4.90 star(s) 39 Votes