Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
Started playing this a few days ago and oh man, am I glad I stuck with it. I was about to quit before I saw a few reviews saying how much it improved later. And just... Godamn dude... It's absolutely taking OFF here. Definitely putting this one on my watch list.

The scene alone where you can hold Siera down on your dick and choke her out with it if you don't choose to let her go is absolutely class. That feels like a neat option without giving a button press for it. Fucking hilarious too.

Having said that, I have been noticing a few typos/grammatical errors here and there (having just reached the start of Chapter 9). Also, it feels like the point/belt system is a little bit awkward/inconsistent...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ubira

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Having said that, I have been noticing a few typos/grammatical errors here and there (having just reached the start of Chapter 9). Also, it feels like the point/belt system is a little bit awkward/inconsistent...

You don't really need to ponder deep about the point systems, belt ranking, how physics work, how magic works, what kind of magic, what power who has and what not, to actually enjoy the game and the story. Those stuffs are purposely made ambigous because they are side stuffs, so that the players are focused on the story instead.

Specifically for the point systems and bell ranking, they were explained briefly throughout the story and perhaps posted on this thread too, but most likely in discord, which server as the main source. Anyway, the main idea is to illustrate the growth of the MC in terms of his strength and power, amongst other things. Point system and belt ranking relate with each other in terms of mission difficulty and ninja competencies, amongst other things. During his first visit to the ninja village, MC was able to hold his ground with Stephanie but had to start at the lowest level, White belt just like everyone else, so that the players can enjoy the scenes with both Torr and Candy. Imagine if he starts out at Blue belt, then immediately go on mission by himself. how boring that would be. This story can still work without the point system and belt ranking, but it will much more difficult to explain or justify why the MC has to deal with Torr and Candy early on, why can't he just do missions with Anabelle for example, why can't he just pick and choose what missions to do and with whom, and so on.

All being said, you and so many others did point out valid points about the point systems and belt ranking, but you will enjoy the story and game more if you don't get into the intricate details of everything. Flynn974 made up almost all the elements in the game but he put a lot of thought into them, they might not be bulletproof all the time, it is not perfection ( nothing really is ). The 'whys' are more important than the how ( implementation details ), especially for the point systems and belt ranking. Let's focus on the plots instead, these will be more beneficial and what Flynn974 primary concerns are.

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an issue with the game or the world or anything. As I mentioned it seems fairly clear that many things were sort of made-up on the fly and the depth has been added later down-the-line (maybe I'm wrong about that, it's simply how it feels).

All those arguments about character growth are fine and make perfect sense, but consistency goes a long way to making stories more immersive. Having said that, I mentioned the issue in the same post as the typos I spotted because that's what it feels like. Not a glaring error which is absolutely ruining my experience, but a "typo" in the world. Like you just go through a story and get told "hey this quest is worth 30 points" and later are told an easier quest is worth 50. it's just a very minor note.

My reaction was not "wtf this clearly isn't Tolkien-level world-building, I'm out" but rather "oh hey, that seems like a mistake, maybe they should check that out and do a quick fix of it".

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an issue with the game or the world or anything. As I mentioned it seems fairly clear that many things were sort of made-up on the fly and the depth has been added later down-the-line (maybe I'm wrong about that, it's simply how it feels).

All those arguments about character growth are fine and make perfect sense, but consistency goes a long way to making stories more immersive. Having said that, I mentioned the issue in the same post as the typos I spotted because that's what it feels like. Not a glaring error which is absolutely ruining my experience, but a "typo" in the world. Like you just go through a story and get told "hey this quest is worth 30 points" and later are told an easier quest is worth 50.

My reaction was not "wtf this clearly isn't Tolkien-level world-building, I'm out" but rather "oh hey, that seems like a mistake, maybe they should check that out and do a quick fix of it".
There will be plenty of small bugs ( typos, grammar ) like that, then. There are proofreaders and testers, but they are all humans after all.

The bugs are best reported in discord, which I think is more organized generally. I don't even know you are reporting bugs.

Zareem

May 20, 2017
Started playing this a few days ago and oh man, am I glad I stuck with it. I was about to quit before I saw a few reviews saying how much it improved later. And just... Godamn dude... It's absolutely taking OFF here. Definitely putting this one on my watch list.

The scene alone where you can hold Siera down on your dick and choke her out with it if you don't choose to let her go is absolutely class. That feels like a neat option without giving a button press for it. Fucking hilarious too.

Check out this lore text file for info. From Discord.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Assassini

Oct 17, 2018
Okay, I've now been playing Chapter 10 and 11 since my last comment and I needed to make another one.

First off: the sex scenes in Chapter 10 just absolutely destroyed me... So many of them... 10/10

But also, fuck me it feels like the humour is hitting its stride too. The scene with the Protagonist being dragged into frame next to Torr's mother where you see his shadow being pulled in just absolutely fucking slayed me.

*chefs kiss* MWAH

Zareem

May 20, 2017
Btw a second batch of sneak peeks was posted on Patreon a while back

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 136 Votes