AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
thank you.
anyways, keep up the good work. this game is fantastic. its not every day that I find a 5 stars game.
What i found really nice is that Flynn974 really seem he like love some good criticism and feedback...while we have some devs that don't care and think that they know everything, that everything that they do is perfect, he look like someone that really seem like want to improve in every aspect, is not every day that you see someone like this, being like this will bring him really far.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
What i found really nice is that Flynn974 really seem he like love some good criticism and feedback...while we have some devs that don't care and think that they know everything, that everything that they do is perfect, he look like someone that really seem like want to improve in every aspect, is not every day that you see someone like this, being like this will bring him really far.
Another issue is that some devs listen too much. and implement bad ideas just because someone suggested it. sometimes destructively via a reboot.
Gotta keep balance between listening to criticism and ignoring bad advice. and also have good judgement so you can determine which advice is good and which is bad.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Hey, everyone. Hope you're doing well. I'm still writing the general outline of the plot, so this is far from accurate. Just a rough estimation. I've been working on some bugs I found on my own XD in chapter 4, also some people here and on discord pointed out typos which I had a lot of help fixing. On top of that, I've been kept busy working on my thesis, so I couldn't accomplish much. Especially in rendering, which is absurdly time consuming. No chapter name yet either, I'm afraid. Still undecided on that. Have a nice day!
1666800024737.png

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
StrayIncubus-0.4b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

• Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

Akainu456

Sep 19, 2017
Hey, everyone. Hope you're doing well. I'm still writing the general outline of the plot, so this is far from accurate. Just a rough estimation. I've been working on some bugs I found on my own XD in chapter 4, also some people here and on discord pointed out typos which I had a lot of help fixing. On top of that, I've been kept busy working on my thesis, so I couldn't accomplish much. Especially in rendering, which is absurdly time consuming. No chapter name yet either, I'm afraid. Still undecided on that. Have a nice day!
View attachment 2126063
Keep up the good work :) We're proud of you :)

• Red Heart

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
The writer either has a problem with translating into English from another language or like many has lost touch with gender. An incubus was a male and a succubus was a female. Demons are spirits that can inhabit weak or spirit absent bodies. A devil was a fallen angel, that chose to reject God's sovereignty in rebellion. Devils can alter form to a one pleasing to perceptions. All I have to say on the subject.

LordDiabl0

Feb 19, 2019
The writer either has a problem with translating into English from another language or like many has lost touch with gender. An incubus was a male and a succubus was a female. Demons are spirits that can inhabit weak or spirit absent bodies. A devil was a fallen angel, that chose to reject God's sovereignty in rebellion. Devils can alter form to a one pleasing to perceptions. All I have to say on the subject.
Well, in the dev notes he says that English is not his native language and that he heavily relies on auto-correct. You can check his dev notes on the 1st page under changelog.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
1. In this game incubus is male and succubus is female. Where did you get the idea otherwise?

2. this game is actually set in a world where the correct religion is

it just has imported some non greek mythos into it.
mainly various D&D stuff as well as generic hentai doujin stuff (incubus and succubus)
yes I am aware of the origin of succubus from christianity. but modern generic hentai doujin succubus is not the same thing.

3. technically MC is a half-titan half-incubus rather than an incubus

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Stray Incubus v0.4a
Finally, have the chance to play this wonderful game, took me around 8 to 12 hours in total over the span of 2 days (I really take my time playing games, reading the dialogues, checking the renders and sometimes exploring different routes, without rushing), but your mileage may vary (I have no doubt someone can finish it under an hour). Overall verdict, AAA game for a solo indie game developer (y), well done and kudos.

The most interesting and distinguishing WOW Factor of Stray Incubus is that it offers a very unique gameplay experience which breaks away from the typical tried and true VN mold and stereotype. Some players (if not most) are in for a shock just because they already have a predefined templates (subconsciously) of checklist of what a game (VN, Ren'Py, harem, etc.) should be like, a character (MC, NPCs, LIs) should behave, act, say or think, and to a certain extent what a story should be like (for example, good vs. evil wherein good struggles for the most part but triumphant in the end, or the MC just fucks all girls non-stop day in day out, no story required:ROFLMAO:). I love and welcome the fresh air and relatively unconventional approach, and I respect the Flynn974 for that (more on that and the narrative later in the spoilers).

TLDR;

Visuals & Sounds
The visual are pretty good for Honey Select renders, not the best but I like it a lot. I have no opinion about sound and music because I play the game almost mute with Spotify running in the background:D.

"Gameplay" Experience
The game is segmented into chapters, with one chapter per release. We are not told about a lot of things yet and Chapter 1 serves as a "dive into" main character introduction, while subsequent chapters moves the story forward in a rapid yet believable pace. The narrative and storytelling is really good IMHO with a lot of care and thought put into the characters, myth, lore and world building/development aspect, pretty much covers all the bases (at least at the superficial layer). The relationship development between MC and (some of) the LIs were hasten (in a believable way) a little bit to keep the player engagement and interest high but I love the overall pace, a slow but realistic build up. Some (if not most) players will be a little bit disappointed because the lack of 'contents'. I personally love it because it makes me care for (or keep my interest high on) not only the MC but the other NPCs as well.

I love how most (if not all) scenes are visually bounded (with begin and end explicitly 'marked') by the dark blank screen or the 'wallpaper/poster' image which I called the intermission images. When such image appears, I immediately (and subconsciously) alerted that the current scene has ended and a new scene begins, which also imply time skip or space displacement. These intermission images also serves another purpose, they are basically bonus renders that players can enjoy while they are playing the game (without having to download it separately or check the Gallery). It is a subtle thing but a brilliant move IMHO. Such a contrast to the typical display of simple texts (such as "Later..", "After a while..." etc.). Flynn974 considers to reduced that going forward, however he/she could also implement a feature where players can turn off the intermission image, where simple texts are shown instead. It just add more work though. Regardless of what Flynn decides, I'm fine with any, but I prefer the intermission images better.

The scenes are also 'built' so that they will minimize (or even avoid completely) repeating dialogues (or information) that were already spoken (said) previously, which is good. However, it just means that the players need to pay close attention to each dialogues because they will easily missed out important points if they don't. The dialogues in itself gives a lot of subtle hints, so they're definitely worth to read and ponder upon:WeSmart:.

Plus point for the default MC name as I have no idea what a proper name for an Incubus is, and John is definitely a very strange and foreign name in that fantasy world:ROFLMAO:.

Choices in the game (so far) revolves around 'liking' a LIs or not. One choice adds 'love point' to a character, while other choice don't or perhaps add 'love point' to a different character. It's a no brainer for me that I just pick all the choices that leads to the most contents. Flynn974 most likely added those choices so that players can pick and choose the LIs that they truly interested in and are not forced with all (or any) of them.

General contents of the game is very light, with plenty of cute moments, plenty of well-made humors (that are not try hard, forced or over the top ridiculous) especially for the early chapters. Chapter 3 introduces the bone-chilling genre of horror that is later expanded in Chapter 4, which is nicely done I think (more on this later in the spoilers). Perhaps Chapter 4 is best played with sound and music:unsure:. The lore and fantasy world were being told little by little which I hope will not overwhelm players who are not familiar with the multiple fantasy worlds.

Lastly, I can't wait to see certain type of contents with Seira (even if it will take a few or a lot more updates) because a girl with a good heart such as herself deserves to live a happy and fulfilling life.

That's all my initial feedback on Stray Incubus. Keep on rockin', Flynn974. Cheers.

• Red Heart

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
In addition to what mrttao had said, I would like to add that "A fictional work of art, game or novel is NOT subjected to strict constraint of factual truth and is (implicitly and explicitly) allowed the freedom of interpreting and redefining almost everything". All I have to say on the subject.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Stray Incubus v0.4a
Finally, have the chance to play this wonderful game, took me around 8 to 12 hours in total over the span of 2 days (I really take my time playing games, reading the dialogues, checking the renders and sometimes exploring different routes, without rushing), but your mileage may vary (I have no doubt someone can finish it under an hour). Overall verdict, AAA game for a solo indie game developer (y), well done and kudos.

The most interesting and distinguishing WOW Factor of Stray Incubus is that it offers a very unique gameplay experience which breaks away from the typical tried and true VN mold and stereotype. Some players (if not most) are in for a shock just because they already have a predefined templates (subconsciously) of checklist of what a game (VN, Ren'Py, harem, etc.) should be like, a character (MC, NPCs, LIs) should behave, act, say or think, and to a certain extent what a story should be like (for example, good vs. evil wherein good struggles for the most part but triumphant in the end, or the MC just fucks all girls non-stop day in day out, no story required:ROFLMAO:). I love and welcome the fresh air and relatively unconventional approach, and I respect the Flynn974 for that (more on that and the narrative later in the spoilers).

TLDR;

Visuals & Sounds
The visual are pretty good for Honey Select renders, not the best but I like it a lot. I have no opinion about sound and music because I play the game almost mute with Spotify running in the background:D.

"Gameplay" Experience
The game is segmented into chapters, with one chapter per release. We are not told about a lot of things yet and Chapter 1 serves as a "dive into" main character introduction, while subsequent chapters moves the story forward in a rapid yet believable pace. The narrative and storytelling is really good IMHO with a lot of care and thought put into the characters, myth, lore and world building/development aspect, pretty much covers all the bases (at least at the superficial layer). The relationship development between MC and (some of) the LIs were hasten (in a believable way) a little bit to keep the player engagement and interest high but I love the overall pace, a slow but realistic build up. Some (if not most) players will be a little bit disappointed because the lack of 'contents'. I personally love it because it makes me care for (or keep my interest high on) not only the MC but the other NPCs as well.

I love how most (if not all) scenes are visually bounded (with begin and end explicitly 'marked') by the dark blank screen or the 'wallpaper/poster' image which I called the intermission images. When such image appears, I immediately (and subconsciously) alerted that the current scene has ended and a new scene begins, which also imply time skip or space displacement. These intermission images also serves another purpose, they are basically bonus renders that players can enjoy while they are playing the game (without having to download it separately or check the Gallery). It is a subtle thing but a brilliant move IMHO. Such a contrast to the typical display of simple texts (such as "Later..", "After a while..." etc.). Flynn974 considers to reduced that going forward, however he/she could also implement a feature where players can turn off the intermission image, where simple texts are shown instead. It just add more work though. Regardless of what Flynn decides, I'm fine with any, but I prefer the intermission images better.

The scenes are also 'built' so that they will minimize (or even avoid completely) repeating dialogues (or information) that were already spoken (said) previously, which is good. However, it just means that the players need to pay close attention to each dialogues because they will easily missed out important points if they don't. The dialogues in itself gives a lot of subtle hints, so they're definitely worth to read and ponder upon:WeSmart:.

Plus point for the default MC name as I have no idea what a proper name for an Incubus is, and John is definitely a very strange and foreign name in that fantasy world:ROFLMAO:.

Choices in the game (so far) revolves around 'liking' a LIs or not. One choice adds 'love point' to a character, while other choice don't or perhaps add 'love point' to a different character. It's a no brainer for me that I just pick all the choices that leads to the most contents. Flynn974 most likely added those choices so that players can pick and choose the LIs that they truly interested in and are not forced with all (or any) of them.

General contents of the game is very light, with plenty of cute moments, plenty of well-made humors (that are not try hard, forced or over the top ridiculous) especially for the early chapters. Chapter 3 introduces the bone-chilling genre of horror that is later expanded in Chapter 4, which is nicely done I think (more on this later in the spoilers). Perhaps Chapter 4 is best played with sound and music:unsure:. The lore and fantasy world were being told little by little which I hope will not overwhelm players who are not familiar with the multiple fantasy worlds.

Lastly, I can't wait to see certain type of contents with Seira (even if it will take a few or a lot more updates) because a girl with a good heart such as herself deserves to live a happy and fulfilling life.

That's all my initial feedback on Stray Incubus. Keep on rockin', Flynn974. Cheers.
Thanks a lot for this! :)
I hope I can live up to it in the next releases.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
1. In this game incubus is male and succubus is female. Where did you get the idea otherwise?

2. this game is actually set in a world where the correct religion is

it just has imported some non greek mythos into it.
mainly various D&D stuff as well as generic hentai doujin stuff (incubus and succubus)
yes I am aware of the origin of succubus from christianity. but modern generic hentai doujin succubus is not the same thing.

3. technically MC is a half-titan half-incubus rather than an incubus
Gif in intro: 8 a feminine horned and tailed & 17 a Winged horned.... feminine. And from a discussion thread that asked which was the incubus the blonde twink.... on other details, a titan was a HUGE giant like being with magical powers that went to war with the Greek gods. Something on the line of 30 foot tall beings. A half titan would be expected to be at least the size of a Hill Giant 8 foot minimum, more likely a stone giant of 20 to 25 foot height. This is where the writer can drift, if inter species and magical interphases genetic manipulation allowed, different planes of existence that could converge on prime material plane ok, but more than extremely rare. Living in a cave, could have a portal to other plane... Thinking of chicks with dicks, comments by other players, deterred my interest in delving deeper. I may revisit my decision, at another time. I have read some of the comments by developer and poster.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Gif in intro: 8 a feminine horned and tailed & 17 a Winged horned.... feminine. And from a discussion thread that asked which was the incubus the blonde twink.... on other details, a titan was a HUGE giant like being with magical powers that went to war with the Greek gods. Something on the line of 30 foot tall beings. A half titan would be expected to be at least the size of a Hill Giant 8 foot minimum, more likely a stone giant of 20 to 25 foot height. This is where the writer can drift, if inter species and magical interphases genetic manipulation allowed, different planes of existence that could converge on prime material plane ok, but more than extremely rare. Living in a cave, could have a portal to other plane... Thinking of chicks with dicks, comments by other players, deterred my interest in delving deeper. I may revisit my decision, at another time. I have read some of the comments by developer and poster.
Actually the MC has blood from the Titans because the Greek Gods have blood from the Titans. For example, the Greek Gods Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus are children of Cronus and Rhea, both Titans. From what the game says, the MC is the son of a Goddess (I don't remember which one) and an incubus.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I'm not sure what you're trying so say, tbh. If you're asking about the MC's race, it's
I'm not going to confirm whether that's true or not. But this reply is spot on:
Actually the MC has blood from the Titans because the Greek Gods have blood from the Titans. For example, the Greek Gods Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus are children of Cronus and Rhea, both Titans. From what the game says, the MC is the son of a Goddess (I don't remember which one) and an incubus.
That aside. It was my understanding that incubi are males and succubae are females from the same race, like men and women in humans, respectively. And this is how the story is based. I hope I answered any questions you had.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
From the game overview:
In a conflict between the races, a group of brave warriors supported by the gods purge a dark race of demons from existence. But due to the mercy of one warrior, one demon child is spared as she decides not only to spare him, but also to take him with her and raise him. A few years later, the incubus grows into an adult and wishes to set off in an adventure.
Just reading the overview, my understanding is that Incubus is a male and is one of the dark race of demons. The surviving incubus is now (as per in-game current time) an adult. He probably reads (or watches) The Hobbit a lot and was inspired to go on an adventure. The last sentence I just made up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The in-game information for the girls in the pictures: No .8 is a Succubus & No. 17 is a Fury. So far, there are only 2 living (and surviving) Incubus (or Incubi) in the game: both are males ( one is the MC and the other is Axius the master of No. 8 Succubus and also the former General to MC's deceased father).

As for the title, Stray Incubus only Flynn974 can explain its true meaning, my speculation is generally it applies to the surviving (plural) Incubus in this fantasy world, and specifically referring to (singular) the MC.

About the Titans, so far the game does not portrays a single one yet, but mentions the Titans a few times especially with regards to bloodlines or something like that.

As BlasKyau stated earlier, MC's potential (or suspected) mother is a Goddess by the name Demeter (who was actually the center of the game origin story).

However, you are (I believe) missing the point of fiction VN where the creator has the freedom to mix and match, redefine and innovate some pre-existing or even invent new things. If you are only interested in 'factual truth or established fiction' then you probably should just stick with the original fiction literature works. Cheers.

P/S: The Titans and Greek Gods (and Goddess) were not real, they didn't exist.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 133 Votes