3.60 star(s) 14 Votes

Mordryd

Jun 3, 2017
I had a really awesome thing happen in my game the other day I wish I screenied it. I'd said how I got tired of the lazy guys letting me do all the work then swooping in and laying claim to a girlfriend, so I made them all gay and later said about how a girl sends a message saying isn't it great soandso is my boyfriend now.

I got one of those messsages from a guy in the game, and he's like Brad is my boyfriend now, isn't that great, I sent back a Positive message, lol!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: caralho24

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Ok thanks for sending those logs and your patience. I think I figured the cause for the issue with the cult meetings and the elections and while I haven't seen the error on the amateur contests, I presume is the same problem. What's happening is that those 3 events have to search for all current characters to find who is going to the meeting, who is voting in the election (and how) and who is entering the contest. If you have a lot of NPCs in the game, then this operation may take a long time to finish and the check I have in place to kill a stuck event kills it. There's a way to avoid that from happening on situations like these, but those 3 events was missing that.

There's also a pretty big bug in the threesome that's causing it to crash which is not related to that one but equally a problem.

So here's a small patch for these issues and a few others. I can't push out a whole game update because other things are in progress and I probably won't get done with that for a few more weeks. So unzip these files in the game directory. Say yes when Windows asks if you want to replace the existing files (if you don't get that prompt then you are installing them in the wrong place).

Issues fixed in this patch:
* Fixed issue with too many NPCs causing cult meetings, elections and amateur contests scenes to die prematurely.
* Fixed issue in the threesome scene that when an NPC decided not to do something to conserve energy was causing the scene to crash.
* Refactored a number of decisions to more consistently apply how much they like you and the type of relationship you have with them. Employees, family, girlfriends, followers will all receive a bonus to accepting most requests. In addition, liking or loving the "Follow Orders" and "Leading Others" will also play a part in how likely or unlikely someone is to do what you ask them to do.
* The threesomes can now be canceled (so use this if your threesome state gets stuck although hopefully with the previous fix that won't be an issue any more).
* Threesome agreements are canceled automatically if the couple breaks up.
* Threesome participants will now start with extra energy so will be more likely to reach the end without someone tiring out.
* Threesome participants will be faster to undress, moving the process along at a faster pace so again can reach the end more easily.
* Club damages should never put the club over $50k in debt.
* The Manager duty Sway Commissioner is now more impactful and the commissioner will gain a positive opinion modifier towards the owner upon successful sways.
* Become Friends is now not available to existing friends

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I've noticed a small error. My MC is not Arab, but if I choose to get Arab women to like people of different ethnicity more the attraction towards me goes down. My current MC is black, although I assume this would happen with any race other than Arab who shouldn't be affected either way.
This is a good catch. Recently I made a change to have a concept of closeness of the various ethnicities, so that these two opinions would have a different effect based on the pair of ethnicities involved. For example, white-asian is closer than white-black so the penalties for 'Same Ethnicity' should be higher on the later. However, that made the white-asian and arab-black close enough that they became the same ethnicity for those attraction buffs. I need to revisit this whole thing so that these edge cases work as expected.

Reactions: Neofolis

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
The too many NPC's thing makes sense, I have mine set to like 500, I think. I got fed up with never having anyone I wanted to employ, so now I have pages of unemployed people to choose from.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
After installing the patch, the cult event worked and I got the results of a primary and an election straight away, where I assume it was playing catch up. The amateur contest still didn't happen though.

maxwanker

Apr 12, 2023
I don't know, what I do wrong: I have a girl 100/100. She is (according my actions and her Profile page) my friend. On the action page, i am asked to ask her to become my friend and there is no option for "Propose relationship". Its happening after installing 5.d. Maybe any hint what I have to do?

caralho24

Sep 17, 2018
Ok thanks for sending those logs and your patience. I think I figured the cause for the issue with the cult meetings and the elections and while I haven't seen the error on the amateur contests, I presume is the same problem. What's happening is that those 3 events have to search for all current characters to find who is going to the meeting, who is voting in the election (and how) and who is entering the contest. If you have a lot of NPCs in the game, then this operation may take a long time to finish and the check I have in place to kill a stuck event kills it. There's a way to avoid that from happening on situations like these, but those 3 events was missing that.

There's also a pretty big bug in the threesome that's causing it to crash which is not related to that one but equally a problem.

So here's a small patch for these issues and a few others. I can't push out a whole game update because other things are in progress and I probably won't get done with that for a few more weeks. So unzip these files in the game directory. Say yes when Windows asks if you want to replace the existing files (if you don't get that prompt then you are installing them in the wrong place).

* Fixed issue with too many NPCs causing cult meetings, elections and amateur contests scenes to die prematurely.
* Fixed issue in the threesome scene that when an NPC decided not to do something to conserve energy was causing the scene to crash.
* Refactored a number of decisions to more consistently apply how much they like you and the type of relationship you have with them. Employees, family, girlfriends, followers will all receive a bonus to accepting most requests. In addition, liking or loving the "Follow Orders" and "Leading Others" will also play a part in how likely or unlikely someone is to do what you ask them to do.
* The threesomes can now be canceled (so use this if your threesome state gets stuck although hopefully with the previous fix that won't be an issue any more).
* Threesome participants will now start with extra energy so will be more likely to reach the end without someone tiring out.
* Threesome participants will be faster to undress, moving the process along at a faster pace so again can reach the end more easily.
* The Manager duty Sway Commissioner is now more impactful and the commissioner will gain a positive opinion modifier towards the owner upon successful sways.
Thank you so much for this, outstanding stuff !! (sorry for clogging the thread)

DeathbyKimchi

Oct 11, 2017
This is a good catch. Recently I made a change to have a concept of closeness of the various ethnicities, so that these two opinions would have a different effect based on the pair of ethnicities involved. For example, white-asian is closer than white-black so the penalties for 'Same Ethnicity' should be higher on the later. However, that made the white-asian and arab-black close enough that they became the same ethnicity for those attraction buffs. I need to revisit this whole thing so that these edge cases work as expected.
Interesting... Oddly enough, on all of my various playthroughs, I found that no matter who I was talking to, getting them to like "Different Ethnicity" always made them less attracted to me, and getting them to like "Same Ethnicity" made them more attracted. So I just went ahead and assumed saying "Same/Different Ethnicity as Me" referred to the player character as the 'Me', rather than the person I was influencing. In case it matters at all, this has all been w/ the player character being Asian.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
After installing the patch, the cult event worked and I got the results of a primary and an election straight away, where I assume it was playing catch up. The amateur contest still didn't happen though.
Glad that's working better. As for the amateur contest... like I said I assumed it was the same issue but I actually wasn't able to confirm it. So next time it happens (wait for an amateur contest to happen) and then wait till the next day (sometimes they may get pushed back a period or two), then exit the game and grab the log file and send it to me.

I don't know, what I do wrong: I have a girl 100/100. She is (according my actions and her Profile page) my friend. On the action page, i am asked to ask her to become my friend and there is no option for "Propose relationship". Its happening after installing 5.d. Maybe any hint what I have to do?
So these are the reasons why it wouldn't show that option:
* Assuming you are male, if she's gay (even if they are 100% bi but haven't come out as bi it means they won't be in a hetero relationship) or if you are female and she's straight.
* If you are male, but gay, or you are female and straight
* You are already in a romantic relationship with each other
* You met for the first time less than 2 months ago (check if her opinion modifiers has Just Met)
* You are closely related and the incest taboo is in place

Interesting... Oddly enough, on all of my various playthroughs, I found that no matter who I was talking to, getting them to like "Different Ethnicity" always made them less attracted to me, and getting them to like "Same Ethnicity" made them more attracted. So I just went ahead and assumed saying "Same/Different Ethnicity as Me" referred to the player character as the 'Me', rather than the person I was influencing. In case it matters at all, this has all been w/ the player character being Asian.
Yeah after looking further into this, that whole code needs to be taken out back and shot. It's a disaster.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
there seem to be a bug when asking people for reason of unhappiness
Capture.JPG
also when having a threesome it finishes right after one of you reaches climax even if you all still have some energy, the two others remain horny

Last edited:
Reactions: duane71

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Glad that's working better. As for the amateur contest... like I said I assumed it was the same issue but I actually wasn't able to confirm it. So next time it happens (wait for an amateur contest to happen) and then wait till the next day (sometimes they may get pushed back a period or two), then exit the game and grab the log file and send it to me.
Yeah, it is better, although the elections are out of sync. I assume it would be fine on a new game, but because I am 15 months into this one it doesn't seem to know what's going on, so I have people enter the race when there is no primary happening or win an election while the primary is still happening, etc. It may resolve itself once it's caught up with the number of elections that should have already happened, but I'm not too bothered for this playthrough.

Another thing I noticed, after having done quite a bit of save file manipulation in my previous playthrough and none in this one. Whilst cheating saves a bit of time/hassle, it doesn't really change the gameplay experience that much. Whatever time I saved not having to train people and getting their opinions changed faster, I probably lost in time editing save files. Obviously their stats were better in the cheat game, but it didn't make a noticeable difference to anything really.

duane71

Feb 19, 2018

The new social media stuff is neat, but once the town is more heavily populated, it's a LOT of clicking when you share stuff. Can we get all these consolidated into something like, "12 people liked this post about you"?

Reactions: HungKongPfui

HungKongPfui

Mar 25, 2024
Another thing I noticed, after having done quite a bit of save file manipulation in my previous playthrough and none in this one. Whilst cheating saves a bit of time/hassle, it doesn't really change the gameplay experience that much. Whatever time I saved not having to train people and getting their opinions changed faster, I probably lost in time editing save files. Obviously their stats were better in the cheat game, but it didn't make a noticeable difference to anything really.
I thought the same until I realized, that you can assign the same opinion list to multiple characters. In my current playthrough I just give everyone the same opinion list and they all love all sex and attraction based opinions. massive time saver.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes