3.80 star(s) 12 Votes

aslduargopihau

Aug 18, 2022
So what does it mean exactly by "personality is not compatible" for trying to get someone to join the cult. Target has -41 Will and loves following orders. What other factors are at play? Are some characters just flagged to not want to join when they are created?

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
So you know there's some characters that you can't train, because when you try, they are feeling too sick to come to work every day until you stop trying to train them. That's a dumb mechanic and also quite annoying, when you have already invested quite a bit of time into the character only to find out you are going to have to replace them.

Last edited:

ssynergy

May 29, 2020
is there a law to legalise rape? now, even though a woman loves rape, she still reports me for breaking the law...

Mordryd

Jun 3, 2017
So what does it mean exactly by "personality is not compatible" for trying to get someone to join the cult. Target has -41 Will and loves following orders. What other factors are at play? Are some characters just flagged to not want to join when they are created?
I found for best results to get someone to join cult without much hassle, this is what was required that I found:

recruit before friending, going out on dates, making sure I sent them I thought of them like a lot, kind of and

will -100
Rat -100
comp 100
courage -100
lewd -100

all the while you having the opposite spectrum in most of those, and sometimes wearing business attire when recruiting,
I also go to the spot in the game where ever that would be at that time, saving, asking, reload ask reload, rinse repeat!

Also on a side note, if you want a character that's a commissioner, back someone you already recruited to win their seat, once they're out of office then recruit that person, holding office has some kind of no to recruitment policy in check or something!

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
The new social media stuff is neat, but once the town is more heavily populated, it's a LOT of clicking when you share stuff. Can we get all these consolidated into something like, "12 people liked this post about you"?
Yeah, I can see how that can get annoying. I'll see if I can combine the least relevant ones into a single message.

that would be the forth image pack, I found her but I'll need some more luck to encounter her in the game
I had to check myself as I didn't remember her either. I don't think she's ever popped into any of my games. Which is a shame.

Strictly speaking it means that they will never agree no matter how often you ask, or how much they like you or how persuasive you are. It's either because their will power or lewdness is too high (either over >50 means they will never join) or they are a commissioner or a club owner (that adds too many complications if they join in). That's it. Everything else should give a different message saying they are not interested.

The thing with the races is that i can't see a reasonable way to treat "all races" as 1 trait if 1 like can force-block another.
-Either is to be considered simple as 2 stand alone traits "all other races" and "same race" or, a trait for each race seperatly (total of 5 inclunding yours)
-Same "race" makes it bananas to be subjected as a possible positive/negative like and possibly earn the opinion modifier "racism" (talking about the opinion modifier i saw in the files) rather than just attraction against same race (family cough cough.. :3 )

FUN NOT SO FUN PS:
Btw i realised that if you try to treat skin color as a medium, codewise it will turn as tricky as races if not even more. Since color is numerical value, imagine that you have 1 or 100 and you would need to find a way to place the colour of the subjected character at the middle. Then figure out which values treated as above (like) and which bellow (dislike) XD.

PS About the memory issue we talked before: I brought a more knowledgeable friend of mine and looked over my system.
Turns out that old bad gpu drivers, V-sync and my mechanical drive are the main issues for that performance you saw in ALL unity engine games not just scw (tested on total of 6 games 3d and text based alike).
Thanks for your help on that one too ^^
Thanks for the update. Good to know about the drivers. As for the race stuff. I realize it's not optimal but honestly the whole subject is icky for me and don't want to spend a lot of time on it modeling racist people. The whole point of it was to add some extra reasons for someone to not like someone else.

So you know there's some characters that you can't train, because when you try, they are feeling to sick to come to work every day until you stop trying to training them. That's a dumb mechanic and also quite annoying, when you have already invested quite a bit of time into the character only to find out you are going to have to replace them.
Just wait for them to get healthy. Character recover health when they are resting. If they are coming to train with you in the mornings, they can't rest and they will never get healthy. If they can't get healthy on their own because they have terrible habits, try changing those (make them stop liking smoking, junk food, etc.)

is there a law to legalise rape? now, even though a woman loves rape, she still reports me for breaking the law...
No, there's no law to legalize it. Just because she loves it, doesn't mean that she wants to be the target of rape. Everyone is going to hate that. Having a low will power and liking/loving submission will reduce the chances of being reported.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
Anyone ever try starting a game over and over and keep getting job stats like this? Doesn't encourage people to not edit save files.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Is there a way to turn an a-sexual into umm sexual something else ? Before I embark on a journey of trying
No. Asexuals remain as is the entire game.

Anyone ever try starting a game over and over and keep getting job stats like this? Doesn't encourage people to not edit save files.
Well those stats aren't low, they are in the expected range. You are supposed to start with low stats so that you can raise them up reading books. It's just bad luck that you got all of them that low.

However I did noticed that your rationality is high and your cooking skill is low and those are pretty linked together. There was another one that also looked out of whack (just based on the data I could see from the screenshot). After you select your traits and abilities, your non sex skills are updated to be more consistent with your choices. If you have high rationality, your cooking should be higher than that. Anyway, I found a bug in there that's making that not happen as it should. Will be putting in a fix for that.

Reactions: caralho24

Bitedownhard

Oct 8, 2018
No. Asexuals remain as is the entire game.

Well those stats aren't low, they are in the expected range. You are supposed to start with low stats so that you can raise them up reading books. It's just bad luck that you got all of them that low.

However I did noticed that your rationality is high and your cooking skill is low and those are pretty linked together. There was another one that also looked out of whack (just based on the data I could see from the screenshot). After you select your traits and abilities, your non sex skills are updated to be more consistent with your choices. If you have high rationality, your cooking should be higher than that. Anyway, I found a bug in there that's making that not happen as it should. Will be putting in a fix for that.
What do you mean you do not see stats that are not in range. I see everything wrong. Look at willpower, rationality, compassion, greed, sociability, all of them are wrong. The highest one should be between 65-85, next one between 45-65, next 25-45, next 5-25 and last 5 to -15. he has them 56, 15, 2, -7, and -34. I started a lot of game and none of mine have come out like his. Maybe he needs to re down load it, because something is wrong.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
what could be the reason for your club to not have clients, for weeks wine and food aren't being consumed, but workers show normally and no visitors, I haven't tampered with the save or anything

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
what could be the reason for your club to not have clients, for weeks wine and food aren't being consumed, but workers show normally and no visitors, I haven't tampered with the save or anything
maybe high prices/lower fame have something to do with it. Also make sure from managment panel that there is no "open" button on your main page.. That would mean that the club is closed during your assigned hours.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
maybe high prices/lower fame have something to do with it. Also make sure from managment panel that there is no "open" button on your main page.. That would mean that the club is closed during your assigned hours.
I found the issue, it has to do with lowering the population too much, the same thing happen to the other clubs they started declaring bankruptcy one by one, and the vote numbers were so small

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
I found the issue, it has to do with lowering the population too much, the same thing happen to the other clubs they started declaring bankruptcy one by one, and the vote numbers were so small
Now you've got me crazy interested.. Why would you lower the population of the town?
Asking because i think it does not have an impact on the number of npcs that appear. Those as i understand are related to the jobs available around town/clubs in a manner.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
Now you've got me crazy interested.. Why would you lower the population of the town?
Asking because i think it does not have an impact on the number of npcs that appear. Those as i understand are related to the jobs available around town/clubs in a manner.
the game as was influenced by lab rats 2 (among other games), where the population is the same as the people you could meet
wrong assumption on my part

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
I'm having issues with the commissioners again. They've been deadlocked for a while, so I've worked on a few to get them to vote for Dancers Allowed. They say they will vote for it and then promptly vote the same way as they did on the previous vote. I assume this is because, if the law was up for vote they would vote for it, but it is not the law they are choosing to come up for a vote. I further assume that if I keep swaying them towards Dancers Allowed, that will become their preferred law, but it's not ideal having no way to know when you have swayed them far enough, especially when you have to wait so long between each time they choose.

Reactions: Büchel

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
I'm having issues with the commissioners again. They've been deadlocked for a while, so I've worked on a few to get them to vote for Dancers Allowed. They say they will vote for it and then promptly vote the same way as they did on the previous vote. I assume this is because, if the law was up for vote they would vote for it, but it is not the law they are choosing to come up for a vote. I further assume that if I keep swaying them towards Dancers Allowed, that will become their preferred law, but it's not ideal having no way to know when you have swayed them far enough, especially when you have to wait so long between each time they choose.
When you ask them what do they think the text changes in a subtle manner like "leaning towards" or "most likely". Not sure of exact wordings but you will learn them if you encounter them enough and know how they voted afterwards.

I think the "will probably vote for the law" is the most certain to have as an answer.

Last edited:

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
What do you mean you do not see stats that are not in range. I see everything wrong. Look at willpower, rationality, compassion, greed, sociability, all of them are wrong. The highest one should be between 65-85, next one between 45-65, next 25-45, next 5-25 and last 5 to -15. he has them 56, 15, 2, -7, and -34. I started a lot of game and none of mine have come out like his. Maybe he needs to re down load it, because something is wrong.
He was talking about the job skills, so that's what my answer was about. As for the traits, yes, they shoudn't be that low but I assume he had manually modified those. I don't see how those numbers could be that otherwise unless his whole character init event failed to run.

When you ask them what do they think the text changes in a subtle manner like "leaning towards" or "most likely". Not sure of exact wordings but you will learn them if you encounter them enough and know how they voted afterwards.

I think the "will probably vote for the law" is the most certain to have as an answer.
NutInShell is mostly right. Pay close attention to what they say about the law when you ask. The wording matters. There's 6 answers: will vote, will probably vote, is leaning towards, is leaning against, will probably vote against, and will vote against. The most extreme ones have no ambiguity. They will vote that way. If they say they will probably vote then you can stop swaying them at that time as they should vote that way most times. So concentrate on swaying those that are leaning.

Note that with enough time you can sway someone that says "will vote against it" to change it to "will probably vote against it". But I would take a lot.

Justin9989

Oct 28, 2018
My elections keep messing up. Says main election like 2 or 3 times on the calendar but no election takes place. Any help is appreciated.

Neofolis

Aug 15, 2022
NutInShell is mostly right. Pay close attention to what they say about the law when you ask. The wording matters. There's 6 answers: will vote, will probably vote, is leaning towards, is leaning against, will probably vote against, and will vote against. The most extreme ones have no ambiguity. They will vote that way. If they say they will probably vote then you can stop swaying them at that time as they should vote that way most times. So concentrate on swaying those that are leaning.

Note that with enough time you can sway someone that says "will vote against it" to change it to "will probably vote against it". But I would take a lot.
My point was that I had two commissioners saying "will vote" not "will probably vote" for Dancers Allowed during the part where they were deciding which law to vote on next and neither voted for Dancers Allowed. I assumed this is because the laws they actually voted on were also "will vote", but were more "will vote" if you like. So essentially to guarantee them voting to select the law you want you also need to sway them away from the law they were previously voting on until it is not "will vote".

Edit: I just remembered you can't sway them away from a law, so you'd have to keep swaying them towards the law you want even after they reach "will vote", assuming the law they were previously voting on was also "will vote".

Last edited:
Reactions: TotalFluke
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes