3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
I am roughly a year in by now and I am wondering if 'marriage' and 'children' interests have any real outcome yet. I am also wondering how one can move their girlfriend in to ones home as the NPCs do it.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
There is a line in the config.dat file:

Code:
image_modules string scw
but you mentioned that your character worked for you without modifying this file, so honestly I don't know why it doesn't work for me. Oh well...
Geez, I forgot about that. Add the following line to the user_config.dat:

Code:
image_modules string scw,gar
It's the prefix used for the images, not the directory name.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Would be good to have the option to manually pay any loans back ahead of the automated monthly payment.

No sense being restricted to certain quality food / alcohol when you have the ability to cover the loan as well as an order for the highest quality.
2 little things to do with Books

I'd love to see altered is in the Library. If I forget to save and also check my stats before clicking on take out a book... I can't click on my info/stats page without dismissing the book selected and potentially losing the books I need to increase those required skills.

The second little Quality of life would be, once you have a book taken out, have that book visible- e.g. top right corner, as I constantly forget- 1 what book I have out, and 2 I always miss when I have finished reading it, therefore missing out on opportunities to either give it to another character or just return it for a new one.

Loving the game by the way. Thank you for the continued additions and support.
I am roughly a year in by now and I am wondering if 'marriage' and 'children' interests have any real outcome yet. I am also wondering how one can move their girlfriend in to ones home as the NPCs do it.
Put all these in the "haven't gotten to it yet" category.

Reactions: tooldev

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Is there a way to check the player traits, physical stats and skill points during the game? I have a hard time evaluating the impact of the various training / reading options over time on my physique and skill levels. Also I can at best guess when influencing opinions which body/hair/etc types I currently match and hence should be tweaked in my favour.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Is there a way to check the player traits, physical stats and skill points during the game? I have a hard time evaluating the impact of the various training / reading options over time on my physique and skill levels. Also I can at best guess when influencing opinions which body/hair/etc types I currently match and hence should be tweaked in my favour.
You cant really change appearance beside fitness by working out heavily. All the other attributes by clicking the area in the upper top right where your health etc is. That opens up your personal profile like the NPC ones.

Reactions: NightOwl71

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong but i'm having trouble breaking even in the very early game, not to mention i have no idea how to improve my stats outside of the skill books and gym.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong but i'm having trouble breaking even in the very early game, not to mention i have no idea how to improve my stats outside of the skill books and gym.
Skill books are your main source of any skill changes beside the sexual ones, those change by activity with time. Most skills are not actually used for yourself but can be useful to train an employee with weak stats.

I personally hate 'early game' 'mid game' as a descriptor as there is no consensus on what that actually means in terms of game time. Assuming you are in the first year:

Breaking even at that time is difficult since building the rooms costs some upfront money and will quickly exceed your starting money. You can either keep doing as much stuff yourself like taking only 1 barkeep and cooking yourself etc or by maximising profits and going for the expensive stuff but smaller quantities. The first couple of month are a brutal grind of endurance and reading books basically. At 80 energy per day things start to lighten up a bit and leave room for a date or two but still not much beside that unless you intend to keep your partner hanging or be left with blue balls midaction :D

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
how i can change the opinion of the sisters that they dont like incest?
Incest is one of the opinions on sexual acts you can influence through talking. The list of sex acts is like 4 pages long including 3somes, being unfaithful, monogamy, etc etc. Browse through those sex act screens with the "More options..." entry.

Reactions: TheKing93

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
TotalFluke

1. I came across a possible bug with regards to relationships: A girl I have only been fooling around with but never started a formal relationship with became my 'Ex' all the sudden. Unless this is intended (she was very irrational and behaving like a girlfriend does like asking for favours etc) i'd consider that a bug. Because even if intended this should be an onesided 'EX' since I never did anything officially and she should not be listed for me as 'Ex'.

2. I am trying to figure out what the business skill actually does for the player. Does it actually do anything(yet)?

3. Another buggy thing is a sexual opinion change for a straight woman. When you persuade her to like eating pussy she becomes bisexual. That should work both ways thus disliking it should make a bisexual one straight again. For game logics sake not in reality of course ;)

quelthan

Sep 11, 2020
Geez, I forgot about that. Add the following line to the user_config.dat:

Code:
image_modules string scw,gar
It's the prefix used for the images, not the directory name.
It worked! Thanks to both TotalFluke and qwertzasdfyx for helping me solve this puzzle!

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Incest is one of the opinions on sexual acts you can influence through talking. The list of sex acts is like 4 pages long including 3somes, being unfaithful, monogamy, etc etc. Browse through those sex act screens with the "More options..." entry.
Incest doesn't appear to be a topic in the menu for me, no matter how many pages i scroll through.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Incest doesn't appear to be a topic in the menu for me, no matter how many pages i scroll through.
I believe your config.dat is looking like this then:

Code:
# A list of strings representing content you don't want to see:
# to enable this content, remove the desired topics. If want to
# remove all set it to - like the commented line below it
taboos string noncon,incest,racism    
#taboos string -                        # this is how to disable all taboos
switch those 2 lines in terms of comment sign '#' so the line with a dash is uncommented and vice versa

Reactions: TheKing93 and Volta

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I believe your config.dat is looking like this then:

Code:
# A list of strings representing content you don't want to see:
# to enable this content, remove the desired topics. If want to
# remove all set it to - like the commented line below it
taboos string noncon,incest,racism   
#taboos string -                        # this is how to disable all taboos
switch those 2 lines in terms of comment sign '#' so the line with a dash is uncommented and vice versa
Nice, i missed that, thanks.

Reactions: tooldev

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Same. Mabye it’s in the opinions she already has tab that sometimes pops up but I don’t have that ether
Check the earlier posts about modifying the config file to allow incest in the game.

One warning however, incest is a hard opinion to change. You may need to try it multiple times before it works.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
TotalFluke

1. I came across a possible bug with regards to relationships: A girl I have only been fooling around with but never started a formal relationship with became my 'Ex' all the sudden. Unless this is intended (she was very irrational and behaving like a girlfriend does like asking for favours etc) i'd consider that a bug. Because even if intended this should be an onesided 'EX' since I never did anything officially and she should not be listed for me as 'Ex'.

2. I am trying to figure out what the business skill actually does for the player. Does it actually do anything(yet)?

3. Another buggy thing is a sexual opinion change for a straight woman. When you persuade her to like eating pussy she becomes bisexual. That should work both ways thus disliking it should make a bisexual one straight again. For game logics sake not in reality of course ;)
The ex issue is due to one date scene the system creates (or finds an existing character) to play the role of a crazy ex, presumably from before the game started. She's supposed to have an "obsessed" modifier which causes the erratic behavior. Or so it's the idea. But it's poorly implemented and causes all kinds of issues as you pointed out. Needs a fix, but it's sort of a low priority thing.

The business skill is used by the managers you can hire to help you manage the club. That skill makes them better at that job. It doesn't do anything for the player other than the ability to train others in it. Just like the dancing/singing/massage/etc. skills. The MC can't use them other than for training.

I'm revamping how the whole sex orientation works so it's more of a spectrum and not either/or. So thanks for pointing that out because I need to make sure that those opinions are in sync with their orientation. I had been overlooking that.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
The ex issue is due to one date scene the system creates (or finds an existing character) to play the role of a crazy ex, presumably from before the game started. She's supposed to have an "obsessed" modifier which causes the erratic behavior. Or so it's the idea. But it's poorly implemented and causes all kinds of issues as you pointed out. Needs a fix, but it's sort of a low priority thing.

The business skill is used by the managers you can hire to help you manage the club. That skill makes them better at that job. It doesn't do anything for the player other than the ability to train others in it. Just like the dancing/singing/massage/etc. skills. The MC can't use them other than for training.

I'm revamping how the whole sex orientation works so it's more of a spectrum and not either/or. So thanks for pointing that out because I need to make sure that those opinions are in sync with their orientation. I had been overlooking that.
I had a feeling this was the source of the weird behaviour of her. Scared me a bit as she was a bit like one of my Ex irl :D

But on a serious note and since you mention 'revamp':

May I suggest having a look at that business skill and focus then? I have to agree with what many others mentioned as well. The start feels too steep and also largely depends on random stuff that is not very obvious.

You connected focus to the time it takes for the builds to finish. There is only 1 way to get a half-decent focus value (2 if you count restarting over and over again) by reducing one other value during game start. A new player can not know this connection even if one uses the help ingame. The info for it is behind these steps: click help->click 'characters'->click 'abilities'->click 'intelligence...'. Imho this is mainly due to when you actually initialize the player itself. One is already in the game and able to click around and all the sudden the character initialization begins and throws a bunch of things at you without really being helpful in terms of long-term consequences. A 'reroll' system for the character would probably be as helpful.

The time it takes for something to finish should not be depending on a player skill since he/she doesnt actually do any work. Reflecting lazy people or delays can be easily done via making things more expensive in certain cases. Since you answered the business skill question you made the connection yourself for the NPCs already as I understand it since hired managers can expand as well, right?

I mention this because the primary element is managing here and the player gets too much stuffed down a random road here.

Hunter 68

Jun 7, 2017
OK, so having played for about 5 hours yesterday, went in today and had no games to load...
WTF?
Any idea where save games are stored?

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes