3.60 star(s) 15 Votes

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
TotalFluke First off, superb effort so far. I'll be writing up a review soon.

I do have a question for you. I know modding isn't officially in, but I've been enjoying tweaking TFLs to my own liking and have a question I'm hoping you don't mind answering. What are the numeric parameters (params 2 and 3) of the details line for an action, interaction or event? I believe they have to do with when/how often they trigger but I haven't been able to figure them out. Thanks!

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
I had a feeling this was the source of the weird behaviour of her. Scared me a bit as she was a bit like one of my Ex irl :D

But on a serious note and since you mention 'revamp':

May I suggest having a look at that business skill and focus then? I have to agree with what many others mentioned as well. The start feels too steep and also largely depends on random stuff that is not very obvious.

You connected focus to the time it takes for the builds to finish. There is only 1 way to get a half-decent focus value (2 if you count restarting over and over again) by reducing one other value during game start. A new player can not know this connection even if one uses the help ingame. The info for it is behind these steps: click help->click 'characters'->click 'abilities'->click 'intelligence...'. Imho this is mainly due to when you actually initialize the player itself. One is already in the game and able to click around and all the sudden the character initialization begins and throws a bunch of things at you without really being helpful in terms of long-term consequences. A 'reroll' system for the character would probably be as helpful.

The time it takes for something to finish should not be depending on a player skill since he/she doesnt actually do any work. Reflecting lazy people or delays can be easily done via making things more expensive in certain cases. Since you answered the business skill question you made the connection yourself for the NPCs already as I understand it since hired managers can expand as well, right?

I mention this because the primary element is managing here and the player gets too much stuffed down a random road here.
Good points. The character initialization will be redone at some point but I'm not sure a first time player will ever have enough info to make good choices on their first playthru. This is true of every RPG I've played. Allowing a re-roll mid game presents a lot of issues so I'm not keen on that idea.

I do disagree that time to finish is beyond the player's control. Focus is an abstraction that indicates how on top of things you are and pushing the contractors and dealing with issues when they come up. I believe it's warranted in this case. But using business skill to lower/raise costs is a good idea that I hadn't considered till now. I will look into that.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
OK, so having played for about 5 hours yesterday, went in today and had no games to load...
WTF?
Any idea where save games are stored?
In the runtime/save_files directory. I have no explanation for why they wouldn't be any games listed if you saved the game. And even if you didn't there should be an auto save.

TotalFluke I want to report a bug, when you join the gym in the new update, you can keep joining the gym again and again.
Thanks, should be an easy fix.

TotalFluke First off, superb effort so far. I'll be writing up a review soon.

I do have a question for you. I know modding isn't officially in, but I've been enjoying tweaking TFLs to my own liking and have a question I'm hoping you don't mind answering. What are the numeric parameters (params 2 and 3) of the details line for an action, interaction or event? I believe they have to do with when/how often they trigger but I haven't been able to figure them out. Thanks!
Wow.... at some point I will do a write up on how to do that but I'm impressed you got that far. The two parameters you refer to are the prob the AI will even consider the action and the timeout, in days. In the case of an action, if the values are 10 and 5 it means that a character will consider doing the action 10% of the time. Then if it does the action then it won't consider it again for 5 more days.
Considering the action means it gets put on a list of potential actions, from which an action is then chosen. So even if you set it to 10% of the time, it will run a lot less than that because there will be other actions considered too. And then there are additional conditions in the init section that will need to be met for it to actually run. The reason for these values is to improve performance. We don't want the AI to be considering 50 actions for every character for every time period or the game would be extremely slow.

• Love
Reactions: kkai

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Good points. The character initialization will be redone at some point but I'm not sure a first time player will ever have enough info to make good choices on their first playthru. This is true of every RPG I've played. Allowing a re-roll mid game presents a lot of issues so I'm not keen on that idea.

I do disagree that time to finish is beyond the player's control. Focus is an abstraction that indicates how on top of things you are and pushing the contractors and dealing with issues when they come up. I believe it's warranted in this case. But using business skill to lower/raise costs is a good idea that I hadn't considered till now. I will look into that.
The build time has not once so far correlated with the announced time when starting the job for me. This is 'mildly infuriating' since the builds take such long time in general but you pay upfront. Which in turn causes you costs from day 1.

Leaving this to randomness and out of the players influence is really bad and if you go back in this thread you will notice that most negative comments are around the lack of progression. There has to be some form of control for the player unless you are a full-time masochist and enjoy being drawn around in the arena.

The name is 'wars' but a war means strategy and tactics. I tried to outpace the others and the only way to do that is to build faster and earlier then them. The NPC clubs cheat on top of that as they still buy the expensive food and booze while in debt despite the player being blocked while being indebted. So there is not much room for any strategy or tactic since stuff either costs too much energy per action to make a real mark for the player or one has to spend almost 5 month purely on going running every day , drinking coffee right after that to not be totally wasted the rest of the day and maybe say hello to 1 person. Even when my club is more popular there is no strategical way for me to 'steal' competitors good personnel either.

All these remarks are based on no cheats by the way which is obviously how the game should be played.

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Ser
The ex issue is due to one date scene the system creates (or finds an existing character) to play the role of a crazy ex, presumably from before the game started. She's supposed to have an "obsessed" modifier which causes the erratic behavior. Or so it's the idea. But it's poorly implemented and causes all kinds of issues as you pointed out. Needs a fix, but it's sort of a low priority thing.

The business skill is used by the managers you can hire to help you manage the club. That skill makes them better at that job. It doesn't do anything for the player other than the ability to train others in it. Just like the dancing/singing/massage/etc. skills. The MC can't use them other than for training.

I'm revamping how the whole sex orientation works so it's more of a spectrum and not either/or. So thanks for pointing that out because I need to make sure that those opinions are in sync with their orientation. I had been overlooking that.
Seriously, Is there something I can do to the save file or config to make women NOT want to bend a male character over and fuck him in the ass with a strap on with ZERO chance for the player to refuse this? I'm losing a lot of progress and interesting developments having to reload an older save.:cry:

Even if they dislike or hate ANAL (GIVING), there's a high chance if I do it to them, they might ask and no matter what eventually when a few events take place during sex one of them will be them bending the male over!

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018
Is the Waitress skill calculation broken?

Intelligence is one of the stats you can train them in, but their skill drops as their Intelligence rises.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
Seriously, Is there something I can do to the save file or config to make women NOT want to bend a male character over and fuck him in the ass with a strap on with ZERO chance for the player to refuse this? I'm losing a lot of progress and interesting developments having to reload an older save.:cry:

Even if they dislike or hate ANAL (GIVING), there's a high chance if I do it to them, they might ask and no matter what eventually when a few events take place during sex one of them will be them bending the male over!
If you are on the latest version (0.4d), then they should always ask first. I guess there can be a bug that's causing it to happen without asking, but I haven't seen it. Will keep an eye out for it.

Is the Waitress skill calculation broken?

Intelligence is one of the stats you can train them in, but their skill drops as their Intelligence rises.
I need to remove intelligence from things you can train them on. It's not a bug but rather an unintended consequence. Waitress (and hostess) skill is negatively influenced by intelligence. It's a way to prevent someone that can be an office manager from taking a job as a waitress and then there aren't enough people qualified to be managers. It's not the best way to handle it because of what you found. So will need to revisit.

Aug 9, 2018
I need to remove intelligence from things you can train them on. It's not a bug but rather an unintended consequence. Waitress (and hostess) skill is negatively influenced by intelligence. It's a way to prevent someone that can be an office manager from taking a job as a waitress and then there aren't enough people qualified to be managers. It's not the best way to handle it because of what you found. So will need to revisit.
Does this apply to all roles that aren't in the office?

Janitor and Attendant for example.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
So is the singer, I have singers the are set 100 singing and 100 dancing, they only give FAIR performances, very sad.
Maybe. I'll need to check. Skill of 100 should be at least Good, if they have high enough lewdness they it can be great. If you are only getting fair, something is wrong.

what room i have to build for lapdance and privates?
For lap dances you need a backroom and for private dances a private room.

Does this apply to all roles that aren't in the office?

Janitor and Attendant for example.
Those two yes, but not all of them. Bartenders and bouncers for example don't have it. Or any of the entertainers.

TheKing93

May 18, 2017
Maybe. I'll need to check. Skill of 100 should be at least Good, if they have high enough lewdness they it can be great. If you are only getting fair, something is wrong.

For lap dances you need a backroom and for private dances a private room.

Those two yes, but not all of them. Bartenders and bouncers for example don't have it. Or any of the entertainers.
how can i build these rooms ? they are dont showing in the add room section

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes