iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
looking forwards to this one. Played a demo for it before, but the new one came out yesterday, so...

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Hmm. The way you have to move your people to each area before you can shop or go in is annoying, as is the fact that they can't move from one location in the plains to another. You HAVE to go back to the mansion, then leave again.

And yeah, this demo feels weird because... it's very clearly happening using lots of the Strive 1 locations, not the area thing that was in the previous demo.

I know this is just a tech-demo not representative of the actual plot of the game, but... I hope the plot/location from the previous demo is still on for the main game, where you get portaled into the middle of nowhere and take over a tribe of... was it goblins? You built up their camp into an actual village and aquire smiths and farmers and stuff, and expand your influence.

Much more fun than just working out of a generic mansion like in Strive 1.

Oh, combat feels pretty unbalanced though. Sometimes you'll fight a single bandit (something that can easily be done with you and your starting slave) and sometimes you'll end up in a 5-on-2 battle that'll slaughter you.

Combat in the previous demo seemed more balanced.

Edit: Wait, is Displaced a totally different project by the same dev group? I assumed that was the sequel, and the farming/tools/crafting menus from this game made me think they were the same thing.

Is there a thread for that, or...?

Reactions: axelaen

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Maverik, if you read these comments at all, there's one thing you should fix from Strive 1 - and that is avilaibiltiy fo sex actions. Many actions should be available regrless of willingness.

Like Tribbing - easy to do even with an unwilling slave.
Adding a cowgirl position - riding a slave with a penis - again, easy if you time him/her up.

You could simply use level of coercion to determine what is available - the harder you press the more stress, but the more is available. If you have them tied and with a knife under their throat, then any action is a go, even if both are unwilling.

Meseito

Feb 1, 2018
I'm excited for this sequel! I loved the moddability of the first game so I am going to give this a shot right away!

ChillFox88

Jul 29, 2017
wtf im stuck on char creation why cant i confirm
Hilariously I was confused at first as well, if it was marked red you need to pick a hated and loved food type.

Played the old strive and loved it so I definitely had to check this out. The crafting is neat, I like the options of making tuned tools and gear based on equipment with different materials giving different bonuses. Not a fan of the traveling system wish it could be more streamlined in the future, perhaps making specific combat groups to send out at least so you don't have to set up your team and formation every time. What is being done with the combat looks interesting. Seems bugged when advancing through an area as has a chance of plopping into an encounter with no enemies and you just sit there but being so early bugs are to be expected, only major one I seem to have run into.

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
edited, never mind I downloaded the proper one from this site unzip it and it work fine, and I have played the one before this, this one is way much smoother I like this game because it allow you to use your own image for your character, thumbs up for the creator of this game.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I really didn't like the traveling system.

Send some guys to location one, want them to go to location 2 next (right next to location one) but can't. Need to bring them home then send them back out again.

Hopefully that's changed.

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
I really didn't like the traveling system.

Send some guys to location one, want them to go to location 2 next (right next to location one) but can't. Need to bring them home then send them back out again.

Hopefully that's changed.
No it didn't and it is awful. You need to send you there, then select formation, expore dungeon and send everyone back one by one and to add additional insult you need to assign everyone to jobs again. User experience of dungeons exploration is really shit.

slowman

Jan 18, 2019
Was strive for power finished? i played the 1st and second maybe 2 years ago and 3 years ago (1st 3 years ago i think and the 2nd 2) both of then seemed like text games with alot of options but with no idea what to do other than training a slave and thats it.

V01

Jul 19, 2017
I can't find any reason to play this over Strive 1 when it has much less content and is lacking any real improvements except combat.

The fear and obedience mechanic is complete trash. Your servants run away simply because you haven't beat them enough or praised them. If you don't use your skills EVERY DAY your people will run away. If all they're are doing is working a couple hours a day (or even if they are doing nothing) while being provided ample food and shelter, why are servants so quick to flee? The decay rate on these needs to be significantly reduced and/or only have the values change only when a significant event occurs.

One of the issues still here from Strive 1 that needs to be addressed is that characters have no personality or uniqueness except for the few special quest related ones. There is still only art for special characters, and every one of your servants acts exactly the same.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes