a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
same.
Can someone drop a save game for me please
This is a game that you have 3 major choices in MC and 4 2nd'ary choices plus starting game choices so there is no way anyone would have your style of play in a save without out major input from you.

This is also a game you need to play so you can learn whats going on and how to do things in the game.

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
Is there a way to convince the White Stag to join your house? I have talked my way though the first fight, is there a way to avoid the second?

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Is there a way to convince the White Stag to join your house? I have talked my way though the first fight, is there a way to avoid the second?
That quest was super broken for me, so I dug through the dialog file to see if that was possible. Anddddd it doesn't look like it. Which is disappointing.

erkper

May 16, 2018
So is completing the end of the elven bowl quest the end of new content? If it is I missed a notification. If it's not, how do you trigger whatever comes next?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So is completing the end of the elven bowl quest the end of new content? If it is I missed a notification. If it's not, how do you trigger whatever comes next?
Yeah, after you recruit one of the two NPCs, you're done.
That's only for the main quest, there are several side quest to do including 2 new npc's you can find to add to your list.
There could be more but I have not hit every location yet.

One of the 2 npc's was in the first game.

Reactions: erkper

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
That's only for the main quest, there are several side quest to do including 2 new npc's you can find to add to your list.
There could be more but I have not hit every location yet.

One of the 2 npc's was in the first game.
Those aren't new content though. You could find the two of them a patch or two ago.

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
My actual list of recruited NPC:
- Daisy, the Social Worker
- Zephyra, the Champion Painter
- Cali, the Half Wolf representative of meat and leather workers
- Kurdan the Orc Shaman Berserk
- Anastasia the Heir Bearer
- Aire the Threesome Ranger
- Jean Archmage in training(already got the Hat) the representative of Human wood cutters and miners-
- Mae the Ritual pregnant Tanuki that apparently isn't but we are working on it
Did I missed somebody (and if yes how to recruit ?)

erkper

May 16, 2018
My actual list of recruited NPC:
- Daisy, the Social Worker
- Zephyra, the Champion Painter
- Cali, the Half Wolf representative of meat and leather workers
- Kurdan the Orc Shaman Berserk
- Anastasia the Heir Bearer
- Aire the Threesome Ranger
- Jean Archmage in training(already got the Hat) the representative of Human wood cutters and miners-
- Mae the Ritual pregnant Tanuki that apparently isn't but we are working on it
Did I missed somebody (and if yes how to recruit ?)
There's also:

Lilia the fairy who jumps in your candy van when you visit her hometown
Heleviel the former Elven High Priestess (if you sided with equal rights for males)

I haven't sided with the High Priestess to complete the Elven Bowl quest yet but I'd imagine if you do you'd get the option to add either Erlen or the young elven priestess (Lily?) to your menagerie.

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
I think that's a known bug but I have an ambassador in Elven Capital and in Beastmen tribe (for shopping mostly, a good use of luxury rooms). Even if MC isn't in location any quest that involves no fighting can be done.
- the horse time reduction doesn't count when you return to home base.
- if you are in elven capital and want to go somewhere else in the forest the time to go there is in fact capital to base+base to forest ,
EDIT: Not sure of the last point anymore

Last edited:

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Pretty much what fox said. You shouldn't view it as an "upgrade" with refined everything like what you'd see in many game series, as that's not what it is. Instead, it's a new take, a different take, on the same core principles. Some game mechanics wouldn't mesh well, hence the need for a new game. Had Maverick simply wanted to upgrade his game, he'd have done so by simply updating it.

With that in mind, take a new and fresher look at it. If it still doesn't tickle your fancy, it's completely fine. Maybe hop back later once he's progressed further in development. Just don't discard it for not being what you thought it'd be.
No. I'm sorry, but no.

I don't see it as an upgrade. I don't see it as a different game. I see it as a game that has taken the worst direction on everything and is generally bad, especially when compared to the closest game wise which is the original strive.

First, the 4 actions day actions are idiotic especially without a built in scheduling system because they're also make them that much more twitchy.

Second, the job system has basically been ruined. The old jobs had some ease and simplicity along with jobs that permitted you to just generate income, as well as jobs designed to raise your ease of use. For example, the cleaning system for your mansion made sense and having a cook buy your food and supplies was a major QOL feature. Not any more, everything is ENTIRE geared around resource gathering and the crafting system...

And oh god the crafting system. The first game had one. It was alchemy and it worked. The second one, apparently they local people have never heard of a store because you have to craft literally fucking everything.

And to get those crafting materials you have to go out in the world and sweet baby ninja pirate zombie jesus did that get fucked up too. The old system for its flaws was interesting. You actually traveled and explored and it felt like it too. In this? Soulless button pushing waiting for the next empty encounter.

Now, the combat is better I'll give it that and yes, the crafting aspects would have been tolerable if it wasn't so utterly dependent on them and some of them were not so mindnumbingly stupid

This same isn't "A different experience", it actually authentically and legitimately kinda sucks. I don't see development fixing what are baked in fundamental problems that have persisted since the first alpha - which I did play.

Reactions: latenight

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
- I chose Lilia as High Priestess, just to keep Heleviel (names are not contractual) , I was disappointed she doesn't have her images

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No. I'm sorry, but no.

I don't see it as an upgrade. I don't see it as a different game. I see it as a game that has taken the worst direction on everything and is generally bad, especially when compared to the closest game wise which is the original strive.

First, the 4 actions day actions are idiotic especially without a built in scheduling system because they're also make them that much more twitchy.

Second, the job system has basically been ruined. The old jobs had some ease and simplicity along with jobs that permitted you to just generate income, as well as jobs designed to raise your ease of use. For example, the cleaning system for your mansion made sense and having a cook buy your food and supplies was a major QOL feature. Not any more, everything is ENTIRE geared around resource gathering and the crafting system...

And oh god the crafting system. The first game had one. It was alchemy and it worked. The second one, apparently they local people have never heard of a store because you have to craft literally fucking everything.

And to get those crafting materials you have to go out in the world and sweet baby ninja pirate zombie jesus did that get fucked up too. The old system for its flaws was interesting. You actually traveled and explored and it felt like it too. In this? Soulless button pushing waiting for the next empty encounter.

Now, the combat is better I'll give it that and yes, the crafting aspects would have been tolerable if it wasn't so utterly dependent on them and some of them were not so mindnumbingly stupid

This same isn't "A different experience", it actually authentically and legitimately kinda sucks. I don't see development fixing what are baked in fundamental problems that have persisted since the first alpha - which I did play.
...let's be nice and call that YOUR opinion...
You are contradicting yourself, by saying the crafting systems that can be scheduled is a sore, yet claim there is no way to schedule anything.
The game improved on micromanagement and your home base got several decrees of higher complexity, both for crafting, aswell as resource gathering.
You still can buy stuff in the shops and there are still jobs that can help you... like farming and cooking to automate such tasks (you may need to order your servants on what to cook but that still can be scheduled for long time productions).
Sure the stuff is now a bit more complex, but the way I see it this makes far more sence and is more entertaining as the first game.
In Strive for Power you eventually spend all your time on the road encountering wild monsters in order to find some usefull servants or side quests... in this one you get a strong encouragement to spend time at your home base in order to craft stuff, complete side quests and craft even stronger equipment

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
No. I'm sorry, but no.

That's just your opinion but most players do not see it your way and see this game as a new game.
If you don't like how the game is then don't play it.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
3.20 star(s) 46 Votes