a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Seeing that you know a lot about the game any mod you would recommend?
Funny thing is I don't use mods outside of "Art Packs".
Now they say the Random Pic mod adds the face and body to each one but you must use the one that is recommends.

If you have not played before then only use the 2 above for your 1st -3 rd game so you can get a real feel for the game.

This new version of the game may have broken the improved-random-portraits-v10 mod but it still adds the proper race just not the right hair and skin color.

Now if you have played before take a look over here. https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-for-power-v0-5-25-maverik.1136/page-169#post-3153436

• Love
Reactions: OneWayMissile

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Thanks to Ankmairdor for the bug fixes to this great game.

Strive-win64-525-Bugfix-V4

AnkmairdorToday at 2:33 AM
Later than I planned, but there are many bugfixes and improvements. Not completely tested.
Change log included.
Applied with manual file replacement.
- handled error related to unstackable items leftover from mods
- fixed quickstart having 1 portal randomly disabled
- fixed slave's lust bar being visible outside despite never being updated
- player is now listed in outside's control menu in same order as displayed on outside's player group panel
- fixed checks for low mana and not mind reading player in outside's control menu
- adjusted positions and sizes of GUI in outside's control menu
- changed the deselection behavior of outside's control menu to be less aggressive
- changed quest log to preserve button pressed state for selected repeatable quest rather than standard toggle
- choosing "Gear" or "Item" options in slave tab will now highlight the current slave
- fixed slaves in jail working jobs - fixed background position for slave relatives popup
- changed tooltip for outside combat group stress bars by removing the decimal values and adding "/100" for reference
- fixed some bugs related to exploring deeper regions: quest enemies being duplicated or given increased stats, abnormal travel between locations preserved status
- fixed selecting player's combatants with F-keys, added selecting targets with F-keys when ability is selected, cancel is ESC - fixed lack of visual change when toggling active abilities of non-selected combatant during combat causes selected combatant to change
- fixed some minor indexing errors when player is defeated in combat
- simplified the code tracking of location for slave guilds/markets, which also fixes an obscure bug related to Slavers and Umbra
- added update of itembar on right side of screen after exiting shop
- added toggling text to the Hide UI button
- fixed bugs of being able to progress quests without having the necessary slave
- added gallery unlock upon first meeting Ayda in her shop
- fixed minor display bug after granting slave a vacation for level up
- fixed "Find Melissa" option being available in sandbox mode
- fixed some bugs related to mindreading slaves for sale
- changed it so that abilities learned by player are defaultly active like slaves
- fixed stuck exploration due to missing ambush description for goblins in mountain caves
- changed dark elf racial bonus to not prolong the debuffs from bandages and sedation
- added partial support for items that add abilities, the abilities should not be acquirable by other means
- completely overhauled the constants mod by changing the version number from 0.3.1 to 0.4, but here is a list of other changes:
. - added support for changing variables in files other than variables.gd, which will even allow customization of variables in other mods
. - added support for changing values with complex paths such as being inside several layers of objects, arrays, and dictionaries - fixed support for changing the contents of arrays and dictionaries, though this comes with many limitations for safety
. - added the grouping of variables into categories for organization
. - added color changes to indicate custom values and those that are outside of the optional min/max recommendations
. - added the ability to reset selected variables to their default values
. - changed the file format for storing custom values to json, existing files should update seemlessly
. - reorganized the mod's data storage for efficiency, added basic data proofreading and error reporting
. - adjusted the GUI sizes and positions
- changed 'list' in variables.gd to match changes to constants mod, added some overlooked and some newly qualifying variables

New and improve update includes all plus:
Corrects my mistake in logic for getting upgrade points from slaves. Also simplifies a bit of text logic semi-related to this issue. Only outside.gd is changed.

Last edited:

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Thanks to Ankmairdor for the bug fixes to this great game.

Strive-win64-525-Bugfix-V4

AnkmairdorToday at 2:33 AM
Later than I planned, but there are many bugfixes and improvements. Not completely tested.
Change log included.
Applied with manual file replacement.
- handled error related to unstackable items leftover from mods
- fixed quickstart having 1 portal randomly disabled
- fixed slave's lust bar being visible outside despite never being updated
- player is now listed in outside's control menu in same order as displayed on outside's player group panel
- fixed checks for low mana and not mind reading player in outside's control menu
- adjusted positions and sizes of GUI in outside's control menu
- changed the deselection behavior of outside's control menu to be less aggressive
- changed quest log to preserve button pressed state for selected repeatable quest rather than standard toggle
- choosing "Gear" or "Item" options in slave tab will now highlight the current slave
- fixed slaves in jail working jobs - fixed background position for slave relatives popup
- changed tooltip for outside combat group stress bars by removing the decimal values and adding "/100" for reference
- fixed some bugs related to exploring deeper regions: quest enemies being duplicated or given increased stats, abnormal travel between locations preserved status
- fixed selecting player's combatants with F-keys, added selecting targets with F-keys when ability is selected, cancel is ESC - fixed lack of visual change when toggling active abilities of non-selected combatant during combat causes selected combatant to change
- fixed some minor indexing errors when player is defeated in combat
- simplified the code tracking of location for slave guilds/markets, which also fixes an obscure bug related to Slavers and Umbra
- added update of itembar on right side of screen after exiting shop
- added toggling text to the Hide UI button
- fixed bugs of being able to progress quests without having the necessary slave
- added gallery unlock upon first meeting Ayda in her shop
- fixed minor display bug after granting slave a vacation for level up
- fixed "Find Melissa" option being available in sandbox mode
- fixed some bugs related to mindreading slaves for sale
- changed it so that abilities learned by player are defaultly active like slaves
- fixed stuck exploration due to missing ambush description for goblins in mountain caves
- changed dark elf racial bonus to not prolong the debuffs from bandages and sedation
- added partial support for items that add abilities, the abilities should not be acquirable by other means
- completely overhauled the constants mod by changing the version number from 0.3.1 to 0.4, but here is a list of other changes:
. - added support for changing variables in files other than variables.gd, which will even allow customization of variables in other mods
. - added support for changing values with complex paths such as being inside several layers of objects, arrays, and dictionaries - fixed support for changing the contents of arrays and dictionaries, though this comes with many limitations for safety
. - added the grouping of variables into categories for organization
. - added color changes to indicate custom values and those that are outside of the optional min/max recommendations
. - added the ability to reset selected variables to their default values
. - changed the file format for storing custom values to json, existing files should update seemlessly
. - reorganized the mod's data storage for efficiency, added basic data proofreading and error reporting
. - adjusted the GUI sizes and positions
- changed 'list' in variables.gd to match changes to constants mod, added some overlooked and some newly qualifying variables
added to the OP.

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
added to the OP.
I just notice that it says "Fan Made" but this is not fan made but dev made fixes.
I got it from the Dev's Discord channel.

It should be marked "Offical" bug fixes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cirelc

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I just notice that it says "Fan Made" but this is not fan made but dev made fixes.
I got it from the Dev's Discord channel.

It should be marked "Offical" bug fixes.
Common mistake, but I'm just a fan. I've never been apart of the dev team for any of Maverik's games. Otherwise, this would be released as an official update to the game instead.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Common mistake, but I'm just a fan. I've never been apart of the dev team for any of Maverik's games. Otherwise, this would be released as an official update to the game instead.
But Maverik said you was in charge of the updates and that sounded to me that he turned over the game to you.

I reported a bug:
a1fox303/06/2020
Minor bug here in version 0.5.25 the Master Default Title overlays the PC looks screen.
And Maverik said this.
maverik03/06/2020
I only do patches occasionally, but ank takes care of them mostly
This is why I thought you were now part of the dev team, and you should be with all the fixes you do.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
But Maverik said you was in charge of the updates and that sounded to me that he turned over the game to you.

This is why I thought you were now part of the dev team, and you should be with all the fixes you do.
I see why you thought that, but I feel you read a bit too much into that. I feel that he was simply stating the facts about our investments of time rather than official duties.

Mav has considered Strive 1 to be complete for almost a year now and has invested himself into his new projects. I felt that he correctly identified it was a mess and that starting fresh was the better plan. However, I enjoyed Strive 1 and felt that there was a lot of unpolished potential there. So after I saw someone on this thread started assembling a bugfix, I decided to do that too. It's just been a self appointed task, that I have been working on for several months. Most of the fixes(and some of the bugs) since 0.5.23c(edit: to clarify, my first bugfix was 0.5.24) have been my work. I don't mind being recognized for my contributions, but I don't wish to misrepresent my position.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1264164

just a few portraits for your Male protagonist mostly human;)
add the male folder in AppData/Roaming/Strive/Portraits.
they is not transparent because main char no need:whistle:
(the 02 is teen demon not a human i forget to change sorry):cry:
repost pls file is gone

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Can someone help me please? Even after tutorial and reading wiki I still somewhat struggle to level up. But most importantly, how do you keep a decent balance of gold and food early on? I can increase it, but it tends to be pretty slow, I'm already with yet I'm extremely below in levels, I'm only able to roam on map with a decent party as well.

Finally, can anyone explain me how do I raise the grade of someone? It uses learning points? It's combat experience?

I understand the game is quite complex, but still rises a lot of questions. To have a girl with enough obedience for the first quest took me quite a lot of days to have one (besides my initial slave).

Sorry if this was already asked on the thread, although as you understand is quite a lot. I hope the explanation of mechanics is improved on the next versions, the game has a lot of potential and even with all of this I still have some fun.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Can someone help me please? Even after tutorial and reading wiki I still somewhat struggle to level up. But most importantly, how do you keep a decent balance of gold and food early on? I can increase it, but it tends to be pretty slow, I'm already with yet I'm extremely below in levels, I'm only able to roam on map with a decent party as well.

Finally, can anyone explain me how do I raise the grade of someone? It uses learning points? It's combat experience?

I understand the game is quite complex, but still rises a lot of questions. To have a girl with enough obedience for the first quest took me quite a lot of days to have one (besides my initial slave).

Sorry if this was already asked on the thread, although as you understand is quite a lot. I hope the explanation of mechanics is improved on the next versions, the game has a lot of potential and even with all of this I still have some fun.
To level up a npc grade you need to go to the slave guild and its the bottom choice.

To make money early is to capture slave when you fight the bandits and get there obedience up to at least 80 then sell them to the slave guild in town.

You can check out the slave guild for special request and some of them are very easy to do and you can use hair dye to get the right color if it is needed, most of the time you can find the right one for 50 and get 350 to 450 for the special request, (sometime you need to use hair dye on the girl but hey its cheap.)

Now you want to keep some slaves to make them work, you need 1-3 to hunt for food (get a cook when you have extra slaves), you need 2 to gather food, you need at least 1 to clean and Emily is great for that and when you save her sister and she joins you I have both cleaning and after they get to the love level with each other I move them to MC's bed.
There are all kinds of jobs that make money that you can have your slaves work at.

As for the first quest for a slave all you needed to do is buy one at the slave guild with 40 in looks and they start with 80 obedience.

When you capture a bandit just use the fear spell on them to hurry them out to accept your ownership.
Mind read spell helps here to know how many days until after you figure out what your looking at that is.

Unless you like to be a shithead to your slaves then here is what I would say you need to do.

Emily be nice to her and make her leave with given them money when it comes up.
When you save her sister do not fuck her or brand her and you will get a nice surprise.
Emily and her sister has one of the in game sex scenes. (If you want help in getting it later in the game come back and I will let you know how.)

When you go to the slave guild watch for the flirt scenes with Maple to be able to recruit her later in the game.
(Do not miss them or its over for recruiting her.)

Now Cali you must do her quest asap once you get the message to take to her after you save her from the guards.
You must get her to her parents before they die to get her in game scene.

Do not spike (I for got her name) her potions when she ask you to make one for her and you can recruit her later in the game.

I will let you try and figure out the other girls you can recruit in game.

Last edited:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
To level up a npc you need to go to the slave guild and its the bottom choice.

To make money early is to capture slave when you fight the bandits and get there obedience up to at least 80 then sell them to the slave guild in town.

You can check out the slave guild for special request and some of them are very easy to do and you can use hair dye to get the right color if it is needed, most of the time you can find the right one for 50 and get 350 to 450 for the special request, (sometime you need to use hair dye on the girl but hey its cheap.)

Now you want to keep some slaves to make them work, you need 1-3 to hunt for food (get a cook when you have extra slaves), you need 2 to gather food, you need at least 1 to clean and Emily is great for that and when you save her sister and she joins you I have both cleaning and after they get to the love level with each other I move them to MC's bed.
There are all kinds of jobs that make money that you can have your slaves work at.

As for the first quest for a slave all you needed to do is buy one at the slave guild with 40 in looks and they start with 80 obedience.

When you capture a bandit just use the fear spell on them to hurry them out to accept your ownership.
Mind read spell helps here to know how many days until after you figure out what your looking at that is.

Unless you like to be a shithead to your slaves then here is what I would say you need to do.

Emily be nice to her and make her leave with given them money when it comes up.
When you save her sister do not fuck her or brand her and you will get a nice surprise.
Emily and her sister has one of the in game sex scenes. (If you want help in getting it later in the game come back and I will let you know how.)

When you go to the slave guild watch for the flirt scenes with Maple to be able to recruit her later in the game.
(Do not miss them or its over for recruiting her.)

Now Cali you must do her quest asap once you get the message to take to her after you save her from the guards.
You must get her to her parents before they die to get her in game scene.

Do not spike (I for got her name) her potions when she ask you to make one for her and you can recruit her later in the game.

I will let you try and figure out the other girls you can recruit in game.
Thank you for the answer. I was doing most of that, with the exception that I was going into a more soft approach. It seems you need to be severe on the punishment, which unfortunely isn't my thing.

Just a small question, is there any way to buy food? Or the only option is the automatic one at the brothel?
Finally I still didn't understand quite well how the slaves raise their grade. Is by doing quests? The way they are written it seems it's basicly selling them.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Just a small question, is there any way to buy food?
At the market? Unless you've started in Frostford, there is no food in that town.
Finally I still didn't understand quite well how the slaves raise their grade. Is by doing quests? The way they are written it seems it's basicly selling them.
Level: once their XP bar is full (a '+', will be displayed next to their names), open their profile and talk to them. They will make some request to fulfill (buy them stuff, let them rest a few days...).
Rank (slave ??? -> poor -> commoner -> rich -> noble): visit the slave guild, like a1fox3 said.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Thank you for the answer. I was doing most of that, with the exception that I was going into a more soft approach. It seems you need to be severe on the punishment, which unfortunely isn't my thing.

Just a small question, is there any way to buy food? Or the only option is the automatic one at the brothel?
Are you talking level up or raise there grade?

How to raise there grade Strive 2020-03-26 17-42-33-93.jpg Strive 2020-03-26 17-42-37-18.jpg Strive 2020-03-26 17-42-40-61.jpg Strive 2020-03-26 17-42-48-96.jpg

Fighting gains level same as working.

No punishment needed in this version of the game just the fear spell will do.

Yes you can buy food at the market in each town. Strive 2020-03-26 17-46-29-27.jpg top is food and the supplies are for more than just the house.
You can use 3 while out on quest and you can sleep and gain about 75% stamina and most if not all health but can only be done once each outing.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I keep finding new things about this game.
I didn't know, for instance, that I could remove the regressed trait from a slave, by giving them an Elixir of Clarity. I know they are expensive, but I can get them for free at the Underground Ruins.
As for raping a slave, instead of blocking them and tie them with a rope, I can just handcuff them before having sex. This way I don't waste any round and I can force them no matter what their strength is.
It seems you need to be severe on the punishment, which unfortunately isn't my thing.
Here I've listed a few alternatives (you need the alchemy room in order to brew the Amnesia Potion).

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Wow it's been awhile since I posted here... updating the game now.

I realized I have to check mod content ... I know the modding scene for this is tremendous. Any really recommended mods that have come along the last 4 months besides Random Portraits, All in One 2.9, or Farm List 1.0?

EDIT: Awwww no longer works and doesn't seem to work anymore either.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes