tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
so... im new to this kind of type(download) thing,
should i download all of the art pack or not?
Start with a single pack. You personally choose from the portraits and pictures once you downloaded a pack. Without them you only get a basic selection that comes with the game.
Each character has a portrait and a picture for the body. The base selection will quickly lead to characters sharing the same portrait etc thus extra art packs have been made. The game has the ability to filter based on naming conventions which makes adding your own pictures pretty easy too.

ben10228

Nov 26, 2020
I just started playing the game but after I customise the starting servant and enter, when it gets to 92% loaded, the game crashes. I have searched around to find the way to fix it and figured out how to use the debug mod. The debug mod was even worst considering that when it came to the section where you have to choose your race, I couldn't choose any race and the arrow for the portraits didn't work as shown the photo. I am not good at fixing these types of things so could someone either fix it for me or tell me how to do so (in a simple way)? I have linked my mod folder, my game folder and an image of what the debug mod showed me. Thank you in advance.

Game:
Mods:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I just started playing the game but after I customise the starting servant and enter, when it gets to 92% loaded, the game crashes. I have searched around to find the way to fix it and figured out how to use the debug mod. The debug mod was even worst considering that when it came to the section where you have to choose your race, I couldn't choose any race and the arrow for the portraits didn't work as shown the photo. I am not good at fixing these types of things so could someone either fix it for me or tell me how to do so (in a simple way)? I have linked my mod folder, my game folder and an image of what the debug mod showed me. Thank you in advance.

Game: Mega
Mods: Mega
If you read my response to this post ( ) you should have somewhat of an idea of what went wrong.

The debug mod changes how the game responds to errors so rather than crashing at big errors it will try to abort any code that produces even small errors. The GUI will often start to behave weird as the game aborts updating parts of it. This aborting often has a cascade effect much like an avalanche as more errors build up as a result of necessary parts being aborted, so some of those errors are merely the result of how it handled earlier errors.

There is no straightforward solution to your problems that allows you to play with all those mods at the same time. A programmer might be tempted at first to fix what appears to be simple errors listed by the debug mod, but based on your list of installed mods I would expect it to take no less than a month of work to fix everything.

ben10228

Nov 26, 2020
If you read my response to this post ( ) you should have somewhat of an idea of what went wrong.

The debug mod changes how the game responds to errors so rather than crashing at big errors it will try to abort any code that produces even small errors. The GUI will often start to behave weird as the game aborts updating parts of it. This aborting often has a cascade effect much like an avalanche as more errors build up as a result of necessary parts being aborted, so some of those errors are merely the result of how it handled earlier errors.

There is no straightforward solution to your problems that allows you to play with all those mods at the same time. A programmer might be tempted at first to fix what appears to be simple errors listed by the debug mod, but based on your list of installed mods I would expect it to take no less than a month of work to fix everything.
Can you give me advice on what mods I can uninstall that would allow me to play the game but still have just as good of an experience as I would have had with the mods?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Can you give me advice on what mods I can uninstall that would allow me to play the game but still have just as good of an experience as I would have had with the mods?
For clarity, the mod system doesn't have the concept of uninstalling mods as every time you apply mods it starts over from the original game with no mods. Also note that sometimes after installing mods that crash the game during the main menu it is possible, albeit rare, for the mod system to be corrupted, which can cause problems even if you switch to a compatible set of mods. Of course, mods can cause errors all by themselves without any conflicting mods. If a corrupt mod system is suspected or if the game fails to start, then it is perfectly safe to delete the Strive program folder and extract a new copy.

"DebugMod-Win32-v1.0d" is not applied through the mod system, while you appear to have figured that out there is no benefit to having it applied.
"ProtagMod" is bugged and requires editing the mod files to prevent the spells from causing errors due to lines starting with spaces instead of tabs.
"T_Strive" is likely outdated and due to the simple construction will probably cause errors, though many of the changes are included in AricsExpansion.
"Bandit Tooltip for Aric's Expansion Rebred v.08" is outdated an no longer compatible with the current version of AricsExpansion.
"Body Descriptions (Large)" has a syntax error(the outer single quote marks need to be double quotes) on line 35 that will cause errors. Otherwise it completely overlaps with "Body Descriptions (Small)" so only one or the other should be used.

AricsExpansion changes more of the game by itself than every other mod in your list combined, so it is a popular mod and one that defines a mod list. From your mod list: "Strive-1.0d-Bugfix-V6b", "AricsExpansion", "MarriageAndMore_arics1.7", "Drag&DropSlaves", "Alchemy For Dummies", "Quick Defeat Animation", "Bartering", "Perfect Trait", "randomportraits", "Constants"

Alternatively, if you leave out AricsExpansion then you can use a lot more of the smaller mods. Note that you have an outdated version of Leo's mod, you need to get version 1.8 or it will cause errors if you include it. It is tedious to compare all of them to prevent conflicts, so this is mostly using intuition. From your mod list: "Strive-1.0d-Bugfix-V6b", "Leo", "Es-01-ExpandedSex", "Alchemy For Dummies", "Bartering", "Beastkin Mouse & Rat", "Beauty Adjustment", "Body Descriptions (Small)", "Combat Stress Reduction", "Drag&DropSlaves", "Drake's Balance Mod", "Drake's Descriptions", "Gender Equality", "Kill For Mana", "Line 126", "MoreBodyParts", "No I in race", "Perfect Trait", "Vagina Please", "randomportraits", "Constants"

"MoreGenderOpions" conflicts with "Leo", otherwise the entire list above can be used with that instead of "Leo".

Reactions: tooldev

ben10228

Nov 26, 2020
For clarity, the mod system doesn't have the concept of uninstalling mods as every time you apply mods it starts over from the original game with no mods. Also note that sometimes after installing mods that crash the game during the main menu it is possible, albeit rare, for the mod system to be corrupted, which can cause problems even if you switch to a compatible set of mods. Of course, mods can cause errors all by themselves without any conflicting mods. If a corrupt mod system is suspected or if the game fails to start, then it is perfectly safe to delete the Strive program folder and extract a new copy.

"DebugMod-Win32-v1.0d" is not applied through the mod system, while you appear to have figured that out there is no benefit to having it applied.
"ProtagMod" is bugged and requires editing the mod files to prevent the spells from causing errors due to lines starting with spaces instead of tabs.
"T_Strive" is likely outdated and due to the simple construction will probably cause errors, though many of the changes are included in AricsExpansion.
"Bandit Tooltip for Aric's Expansion Rebred v.08" is outdated an no longer compatible with the current version of AricsExpansion.
"Body Descriptions (Large)" has a syntax error(the outer single quote marks need to be double quotes) on line 35 that will cause errors. Otherwise it completely overlaps with "Body Descriptions (Small)" so only one or the other should be used.

AricsExpansion changes more of the game by itself than every other mod in your list combined, so it is a popular mod and one that defines a mod list. From your mod list: "Strive-1.0d-Bugfix-V6b", "AricsExpansion", "MarriageAndMore_arics1.7", "Drag&DropSlaves", "Alchemy For Dummies", "Quick Defeat Animation", "Bartering", "Perfect Trait", "randomportraits", "Constants"

Alternatively, if you leave out AricsExpansion then you can use a lot more of the smaller mods. Note that you have an outdated version of Leo's mod, you need to get version 1.8 or it will cause errors if you include it. It is tedious to compare all of them to prevent conflicts, so this is mostly using intuition. From your mod list: "Strive-1.0d-Bugfix-V6b", "Leo", "Es-01-ExpandedSex", "Alchemy For Dummies", "Bartering", "Beastkin Mouse & Rat", "Beauty Adjustment", "Body Descriptions (Small)", "Combat Stress Reduction", "Drag&DropSlaves", "Drake's Balance Mod", "Drake's Descriptions", "Gender Equality", "Kill For Mana", "Line 126", "MoreBodyParts", "No I in race", "Perfect Trait", "Vagina Please", "randomportraits", "Constants"

"MoreGenderOpions" conflicts with "Leo", otherwise the entire list above can be used with that instead of "Leo".
Thanks. I want to use AricsExpansion mod as I keep hearing that it is one of the best. It was hard disabling all those other mods but in the end, the game started working smoothly.

ben10228

Nov 26, 2020
Where in my save can I edit the amount of time for interactions? I did it with constants when I started a new game but after the first day, it reset back to normal "20". I have been able to edit the amount of times I can start sex interactions and non-sex interactions.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Where in my save can I edit the amount of time for interactions? I did it with constants when I started a new game but after the first day, it reset back to normal "20". I have been able to edit the amount of times I can start sex interactions and non-sex interactions.
In Constants, the Interaction category has timeforinteraction, which will change the base number of turns for sex interactions, and timeformeetinteraction, which does the same for meet interactions.

You likely ran afoul of the design flaw in the Constants mod. Long story short if you start a game, return to the main menu, and edit the Constants without restarting the game then you will lose all your prior changes in that mod. It causes the mod to confuse your settings for the default settings and delete them. You simply need to only change Constants before starting or loading a progress.

ben10228

Nov 26, 2020
In Constants, the Interaction category has timeforinteraction, which will change the base number of turns for sex interactions, and timeformeetinteraction, which does the same for meet interactions.

You likely ran afoul of the design flaw in the Constants mod. Long story short if you start a game, return to the main menu, and edit the Constants without restarting the game then you will lose all your prior changes in that mod. It causes the mod to confuse your settings for the default settings and delete them. You simply need to only change Constants before starting or loading a progress.
Thanks

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
if i use elixir of regression on uncivilized char, he/she can be civilized?
If you use the Elixir of Regression on someone with Uncivilized, then they will lose Uncivilized and gain Regressed, which can be treated at any Slave Guild.

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
i need save with all storyline girls joined, because i missed opportunity to invite 4 girls (Maple, Tisha, Yris, Melissa)

splitScreen

Dec 17, 2019
I'm at the quest where I need an elf and a dark elf to give to Shuriya, but I can't give any tribal elf to her despite capturing more than 5. What do I have to do ?
Edit/Update: I thought Tribal elves are Dark elves, but they're not. I found one by attacking patrols in Elven Grove

Last edited:

Idthedemon

Mar 1, 2020
So what is the fastest way to level up the main character? My battle slaves are level 10 while I'm barely cracking 5.

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes