• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Someone here also have bug with Mountain Caves? Trying to explore and have no options to choose. Can provide screen but it will probably not help at all...
Is the bug still there? Iirc it may happen if the guards are chasing you (it happens if your reputation in Gorn is low).

Edit your save with Notepad++ and raise your rep in Gorn, or take a look at my post here to fix the code.
Even better, if you have a Discord account, get the semi-official patch for this and other minor flaws: read here

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Is the bug still there? Iirc it may happen if the guards are chasing you (it happens if your reputation in Gorn is low).

Edit your save with Notepad++ and raise your rep in Gorn, or take a look at my post here to fix the code.
Even better, if you have a Discord account, get the semi-official patch for this and other minor flaws: read here
Reputation in Gorn is great right now, so that's not it. The only place where I am persona non grata is Amberguard. Should I edit that one?

Edit Well... that line of code was empty. Completed my ass, that's all I'm gonna say. Done edit now, will check after a couple of hours when I get back home. Post if you have any other ideas please.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Reputation in Gorn is great right now, so that's not it. The only place where I am persona non grata is Amberguard. Should I edit that one?

Edit Well... that line of code was empty. Completed my ass, that's all I'm gonna say. Done edit now, will check after a couple of hours when I get back home. Post if you have any other ideas please.
Are you running any mods in your game?

Some mods have been known to screw up the code.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Are you running any mods in your game?

Some mods have been known to screw up the code.
No mods. Clear game without anything in, not even portraits/bodies. Got it a week or two ago on new pc.

Edit Yeah, still a problem. I download from here (I think win64 nopy) and got this problem. And if someone could give me a quick rundown where to look for it at discord then I approve (I don't really use it :p)

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
No mods. Clear game without anything in, not even portraits/bodies. Got it a week or two ago on new pc.

Edit Yeah, still a problem. I download from here (I think win64 nopy) and got this problem. And if someone could give me a quick rundown where to look for it at discord then I approve (I don't really use it :p)
I have version 0.5.25c win 64, what version do you have.
It will tell you on the startup page. Strive 2020-03-06 10-46-42-04.jpg

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
I have version 0.5.25c win 64, what version do you have.
It will tell you on the startup page. View attachment 578728
Looks like I have 0.5.25... Looks like I really missed something. I suppose I can find it on discord?

WAAIIIT A MOMENT... it says you have 0.5.24c. I remember caves working on previous versions (was doing some goblin hunting at that time). You say I should download previous version?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Looks like I have 0.5.25... Looks like I really missed something. I suppose I can find it on discord?

WAAIIIT A MOMENT... it says you have 0.5.24c. I remember caves working on previous versions (was doing some goblin hunting at that time). You say I should download previous version?
No, the caves work for me in this version.
I go get them goblin's and sell everyone I get for good money
:giggle: ;)

Disregard this and use 25 instead.

Last edited:

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
No, the caves work for me in this version.
I go get them goblin's and sell everyone I get for good money. :giggle: ;)
That was more or less my tactic: as soon as I am strong enough I grab the biggest hammer I have and play whack-a-gobo till I'm out of ropes. but now I have THIS! 1583522393101.png

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
That was more or less my tactic: as soon as I am strong enough I grab the biggest hammer I have and play whack-a-gobo till I'm out of ropes. but now I have THIS! View attachment 578757
Use the spell Guidance to get past that and see what happen, this was a bug in 0.5.24 and was fixed in 0.5.24b and now I have version 0.5.24c but can not figure out where I got it from yet.
Just relaise that is 0.5.25 and I was talking about 0.5.24c I will now go test 0.5.25 and see what happens.

Will post the link once I find it or will upload my copy and have the mods put it here.

Last edited:

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Use the spell Guidance to get past that and see what happen, this was a bug in 0.5.24 and was fixed in 0.5.24b and now I have version 0.5.24c but can not figure out where I got it from yet.

Will post the link once I find it or will upload my copy and have the mods put it here.
Yeah, you can add to the list I can't use Guidance. Tried it just now, and as you can see above I have more than enough mana for that.

Appreciate the help.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, you can add to the list I can't use Guidance. Tried it just now, and as you can see above I have more than enough mana for that.

Appreciate the help.
It went totaly over my head that I am using version 0.5.24c and not your version. I am now going to go test 0.5.25 now and see what happens.

I will ask the mods if they still have the old link to 0.5.24c and if they do have them replace this one with it.

What is the relationship with Gron for your game at this time?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Isilindil
You are only on day 17 you should not even be here yet.

Your relationship with Gron is to low and is why you are blocked from moving forward.
I have no problem because I always work on relationships before I do most of the quests.
I am on day 139 and have a positive relationship with Gron and can move anywhere in the caves I want to.

This is version 0.5.25 Strive 2020-03-06 11-42-38-28.jpg

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Isilindil
You are only on day 17 you should not even be here yet.

Your relationship with Gron is to low and is why you are blocked from moving forward.
I have no problem because I always work on relationships before I do most of the quests.
I am on day 139 and have a positive relationship with Gron and can move anywhere in the caves I want to.

This is version 0.5.25 View attachment 578767
Actually, Gorn seems to really like me.
1583524753469.png
(Yes, I made my guy a dumb muscle. Sue me)

You think I should help a couple of people and then try again?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Actually, Gorn seems to really like me.
View attachment 578789
(Yes, I made my guy a dumb muscle. Sue me)

You think I should help a couple of people and then try again?
No you may need to progress the story more before you are allowed in there.
I don't know now because I am able to go through with no problems.

You must really hate your NPC's there mostly in the red.;)
Strive 2020-03-06 12-04-56-62.jpg

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
No you may need to progress the story more before you are allowed in there.
I don't know now because I am able to go through with no problems.

You must really hate your NPC's there mostly in the red.;)
View attachment 578797
Well, some of them are pretty new. And... certain type of trainings can be... stressing.

... You said yourself I am early in the game, ok?!

:D

Gonna progress the story I guess. I'm at the "build a laboratory" part.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Well, some of them are pretty new. And... certain type of trainings can be... stressing.

... You said yourself I am early in the game, ok?!

:D

Gonna progress the story I guess. I'm at the "build a laboratory" part.
Once you get to the Gorn quest then you should have no problems with the caves.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I was a bit curious about this issue of failed GUI in the mountain caves, so I checked it out on my computer. I have the windows 64 version 0.5.25 from itch.io(it's free to download there BTW). I reached the caves on day 1 without completing any core quests in story mode and had no issues there. So I have doubts that progressing the story will fix your problem, though I am still uncertain as to the cause of the problem.

The game should start with 2 windows for most OS: the game window and a console window. I would recommend putting the console where you can see the left side so you can see when the errors appear, and traveling to the mountain caves simply to trigger it. If there are many errors, then the first is generally the most relevant, but it can help to see the rest.

As a side note, the races issue for mountain caves was fixed for 0.5.25 as guards no longer use the regions as the random pool. So changing that entry by itself will have no impact on the game, as none of the encounters there use the regional race pool. "oosesgroup" and "solospider" are monsters, "treasurechest" has no enemies, and "goblingroup" is only goblins.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
The game should start with 2 windows for most OS: the game window and a console window. I would recommend putting the console where you can see the left side so you can see when the errors appear, and traveling to the mountain caves simply to trigger it. If there are many errors, then the first is generally the most relevant, but it can help to see the rest.
Ok, I got something on that one.

OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2
SCRIPT ERROR: enemyencounter: Invalid get index 'descriptionambush' (on base: 'Dictionary').
At: res://files/scripts/exploration.gd:275

I download the game again and used old save. Issue still here, but here is what that second window shows.

Another interesting find: everything works fine when I am with second character that I was exploring with from day 1.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Another interesting find: everything works fine when I am with second character that I was exploring with from day 1.
Not surprising that bringing another character fixes your problem. Your problem was that you got ambushed by a group of goblins, which don't have a description entry for ambushing people.

Uhm, in files\scripts\combatdata.gd find "goblingroup" and change descriptionescape into descriptionambush. It should be near line 93. Does it fix the bug?
This should do the trick. "descriptionescape" doesn't seem like it was implemented, seems like an interesting idea.

Reactions: Isilindil
4.20 star(s) 47 Votes