Cebrail

Jul 4, 2017
Anybody who has any version of 0.5.24 before 0.5.24c will be unable to save and load pregnancies. v0.5.24b which is provided by this forum is effected.

To prevent the problem, get the updated version of the game for free at the source.
Or to both fix existing pregnancies and prevent the problem see this post for a quick fix for this issue:
Hi Ankmaidor,
First of all, thank you for an excellent game, for something thats mostly text based you've done an outstanding job!

Now with that said im very confused, you keep telling us in your posts about this save/load problem that it's solved in 0.5.24c and that we should just get that since it's free......except on your itch.io page, the latest game is STILL 0.5.24.B, both for Public and Patreon version.

You can also check my devblog at

Latest public version: 0.5.24b

Latest patreon version: 0.5.24b
So what version should we be getting to solve this issue that makes the game unplayable ??

Thanks!

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
One can just use the subdue action once, after that it only allow me to use rope but it does not work. I spent all the action points but nothing.

It could be that my character has not the required strength.
Each person can only subdue one person at a time. Many people can simultaneously or one at a time subdue a person, but the first one takes less turns. A person can use subdue many times, but not while it's ongoing. All ongoing actions are listed in the bottom right text box and clicking "Interrupt" will stop the action listed before it.

The game does not show that someone has been properly subdued, so you could find out by trying an action on them or calculate it. Each person subduing or being subdued adds points equal to 1 + strength stat to their side of the struggle. To succeed, your side must have more points. Then you should have no trouble roping them.

Reactions: rayoIII

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hi Ankmaidor,
First of all, thank you for an excellent game, for something thats mostly text based you've done an outstanding job!

Now with that said im very confused, you keep telling us in your posts about this save/load problem that it's solved in 0.5.24c and that we should just get that since it's free......except on your itch.io page, the latest game is STILL 0.5.24.B, both for Public and Patreon version.

So what version should we be getting to solve this issue that makes the game unplayable ??

Thanks!
You seem greatly mistaken. While I am probably one of the most knowledgeable players of this game and Maverik has applied my bugfixs, it is his game and I am not on the team.

I am surprised that he actually updated the version statement on the itch.io page. He must have done that at the end of the patreon only period for the update to 0.5.24. Before that I think it was 0.5.22b. If you downloaded it(yes, it sucks you can't know before) you would find out that the game is in fact 0.5.24c. My quick fix includes the critical bug fix, but I recommend the new version for a few less critical fixes.

I'll repost my fix link:
To prevent the problem, get the updated version of the game for free at the source.
Or to both fix existing pregnancies and prevent the problem see this post for a quick fix for this issue:

Reactions: Snoopy_H and Reij

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
The 54b version is non functionnal.

Here the errors I get :

OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
SCRIPT ERROR: GDScript::reload: Parse Error: Can't index on a value of type 'person'.
At: res://files/globals.gd:1730
ERROR: reload: Method/Function Failed, returning: ERR_PARSE_ERROR
At: modules/gdscript/gdscript.cpp:580
ERROR: Script does not inherit a Node: res://files/globals.gd
At: main/main.cpp:1558
SCRIPT ERROR: _init: Invalid get index 'setfolders' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/mods/modpanel.gd:9
SCRIPT ERROR: _ready: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'dir_contents' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/mods/modpanel.gd:25
SCRIPT ERROR: _ready: Invalid get index 'rules' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/options.tres.gd:47
SCRIPT ERROR: _ready: Invalid get index 'modfolder' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/mainmenu.gd:125
SCRIPT ERROR: _newgame_creator_reset: Invalid set index 'player' (on base: 'Nil') with value of type 'Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/mainmenu.gd:311
SCRIPT ERROR: _advance_stage: Invalid get index 'rules' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/mainmenu.gd:507

Jan 14, 2018
If I sell a slave in the Wimborn slaver's guild, the written sell price for all the other slaves says 150 gold. However, I don't get anything for them. This resets if I leave the window and re-enter.

If I quicksell, I get almost nothing. I assume it's because I only got money for the first and then gave the rest away.

Any ideas on how to fix (besides constantly leaving and re-entering the guild)?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
If I sell a slave in the Wimborn slaver's guild, the written sell price for all the other slaves says 150 gold. However, I don't get anything for them. This resets if I leave the window and re-enter.

If I quicksell, I get almost nothing. I assume it's because I only got money for the first and then gave the rest away.

Any ideas on how to fix (besides constantly leaving and re-entering the guild)?
that's one of minor bugs that has been fixed.
update for free to 0.5.24c here:
edit: quicksell gives you 1/2 as much as the guild, but is not bugged afaik

Last edited:

Hummelfried

Jul 20, 2018
Are there any mod - recommendations? I would like to have some grafiks on the act.

Edit.... i raped my daughter and now she lost all her confidence and courage....is it posible to "repair" this without endless hours in the library(in vanilla)?

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Asides from the fan-made girl packs and the mod(s) that come with the game, the only mod I play with is the bartering mod.

Reactions: Hummelfried

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Edit.... i raped my daughter and now she lost all her confidence and courage....is it possible to "repair" this without endless hours in the library(in vanilla)?
Without cheating? Interact with her and teach her. Since her confidence is currently less than 50, move with her to the garden first: this will grant you five more rounds (also, it will improve her mood).

Cryingbanshee

Dec 7, 2017
Are there any mod - recommendations? I would like to have some grafiks on the act.
Frostford & Gorn if you played as a non human (Orc, goblin, and the beastkins) it will enhance your gameplay by alot.

Improved Random Portrait if you have a tons of image and too lazy to pick them by hand (read the description first)
i raped my daughter and now she lost all her confidence and courage....is it posible to "repair" this without endless hours in the library(in vanilla)
Buy tons of supplies, use interaction, teach them four times, drink tea with them as it will reduce their stress level, repeat this step until you have 0 interaction, use the learning points to increase their stats.

Jan 14, 2018
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: The Mountain Cave crashes with low Gorn reputation, probably because the angry Gorn soldiers can't spawn there.

Fix:
  1. Open save file with notepad (after making safety copy)
  2. Search "reputation"
  3. Change Gorn value to a positive one. I changed it from -50 to 50
  4. Proceed to masturbate furiously
Alternatively, improve your reputation in-game. #4 is not optional though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOUBLE-UPDATE! USE SCRUMBLES FIX BELOW

Game crashes repeatedly at encounter in Mountain Caves.

Running 0.5.24c 64x windows with old "\AppData\Roaming\Strive" folder deleted before starting new game. Randomportrait mod used, but unactivated now.

OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
SCRIPT ERROR: changerace: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'replace' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/characters/constructor.gd:86
SCRIPT ERROR: getsexfeatures: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'find' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/assets.gd:23
SCRIPT ERROR: newslave: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'find' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://files/scripts/characters/constructor.gd:51
SCRIPT ERROR: enemylevelup: Invalid get index 'level' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/exploration.gd:376
SCRIPT ERROR: buildslave: Invalid get index 'stats' (on base: 'Nil').
At: res://files/scripts/exploration.gd:327
SCRIPT ERROR: changerace: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'replace' in base 'Nil'.
SCRIPT ERROR: getsexfeatures: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'find' in base 'Nil'.
SCRIPT ERROR: newslave: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'find' in base 'Nil'.
SCRIPT ERROR: encounterdictionary: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'dictionary' in base 'bool'.
At: res://files/scripts/exploration.gd:1890
SCRIPT ERROR: enemyencounter: Invalid operands 'Nil' and 'String' in operator '+'.
At: res://files/scripts/exploration.gd:271

Bug also happens when loading save in 0.5.24b, but with about twice the error messages.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
UPDATE: The Mountain Cave crashes with low Gorn reputation, probably because the angry Gorn soldiers can't spawn there.
I think this happens because mountaincave.races, in files\scripts\explorationregions.gd, is empty.
If so, the bug could be fixed by replacing line #154 with a non-empty list of races and chances of spawning (for instance the one from Gorn outskirts):
Code:
races = [{value = 'Centaur', weight = 1},{value = 'Goblin', weight = 4},{value = 'Orc', weight = 12}],

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes