eike2000

May 9, 2017
Er! I always be stand by (i said STANBY, everything freeze not notresponse, just only restart or reload savegame) when join combat with auto combat mode, and i was stop along time to wait to fix this bug, but i dont see that has been takecare in changlog, maybe noone be influenced this bug except me.

By the way, somebody please help me walkthough becouse in storymode when rescued Ayda and refuse amy, i got notice that i have to come to capitol and face to lasted battle, cant rest, cant pass day. I want have Ayda in my harem

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
There are threads on itch.io reporting the same problem. I don't think it's unique to you.
Oh. Good. Well...That's not good, but it's good It's not *my* hump up. I fully upgraded the nursery and everything. Nothin.
This was driving me nuts. It's been fixed in the newest version. There was a fix posted that involved hashtagging out two lines of code in, I think, 524a (whatever was just before the most recent - maybe goes back 2 or 3 versions).
The issue is that under certain circumstances your save file has all unborn babies wiped out. So then it gets confused when you give birth. Unfortunately, this means that even if you upgrade the game, loading an old save will still give you problems. You need to give away all babies (or abort), get them pregnant again, and it should be fine.

If you're desperate for your babies back, you can recreate them, but it's a pain in the butt. Have to get the ID# right, and reset all the stats.

Er! I always be stand by (i said STANBY, everything freeze not notresponse, just only restart or reload savegame) when join combat with auto combat mode, and i was stop along time to wait to fix this bug, but i dont see that has been takecare in changlog, maybe noone be influenced this bug except me.

By the way, somebody please help me walkthough becouse in storymode when rescued Ayda and refuse amy, i got notice that i have to come to capitol and face to lasted battle, cant rest, cant pass day. I want have Ayda in my harem
I've never had that bug. I certainly have run into the bug where sometimes with auto-combat the enemy gets to go twice in the first round, or other funny stuff in the first round, but never had to restart the game ever.

For the final quest, you need to finish the main story exactly as you described (must go to capitol, must fight). Afterwards you can recruit Ayda.

Reactions: eike2000

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Anybody who has any version of 0.5.24 before 0.5.24c will be unable to save and load pregnancies. v0.5.24b which is provided by this forum is effected.

To prevent the problem, get the updated version of the game for free at the source.
Or to both fix existing pregnancies and prevent the problem see this post for a quick fix for this issue:

I was not aware of any such issue, therefore it was not fixed. I have yet to read this entire forum for errors, I concentrated on the itch.io forums for fixing errors. I will need detailed information to fix this as I have never experienced it. Please provide game version, OS version, all error messages in the terminal, and please check if auto combat causes a freeze when "Skip combat animation" is enabled.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Righty, so I searched the thread and I couldnt find an answer that answered straight up or werent over a year out of date.

Is the art in this game mainly CG's taken from other games? I dont think its wrong for authors to 'borrow' art from other games when they start out, however I always have issues playing games where all the art is from 20 different games, theres no cohesion to the art and it ruins any immersion you may have gotten playing the game.

Basically, I'm hoping that this game since its like 3 years old is of similar quality to Trails in Tainted Space, a text game with art created specifically for the game.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Righty, so I searched the thread and I couldnt find an answer that answered straight up or werent over a year out of date.

Is the art in this game mainly CG's taken from other games? I dont think its wrong for authors to 'borrow' art from other games when they start out, however I always have issues playing games where all the art is from 20 different games, theres no cohesion to the art and it ruins any immersion you may have gotten playing the game.

Basically, I'm hoping that this game since its like 3 years old is of similar quality to Trails in Tainted Space, a text game with art created specifically for the game.
AFAIK currently all/most art and graphical designs provided by the game should be original as the dev commisioned artists to provide them. Though this is also why there are no slave portraits included with the game. Thus slave portrait and body image packs consist of pictures found on the internet by users not the dev.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
...this is also why there are no slave portraits included with the game.
Pretty sure that the basic game does come with unnamed portraits of various species that are then assigned random names. Those species portraits are original art, if I'm not mistaken. What the basic game does not come with is folders with named slaves, just folders for the story NPCs (all of whom have original art).

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Pretty sure that the basic game does come with unnamed portraits of various species that are then assigned random names. Those species portraits are original art, if I'm not mistaken. What the basic game does not come with is folders with named slaves, just folders for the story NPCs (all of whom have original art).
Just so we understand each other, the screenshots on the front page arent original art. At least not original in terms of this game. The CG's on the front page belongs to other games.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Indeed, I forgot to mention the NPC pictures. I just checked by renaming my Strive folder. The game comes with a selection of grey-scale portraits for the player. But the closest it comes to providing pictures for random slaves would be the inventory's racial outlines (called shades by the game). There probably is a way to get the game to use those.

Just so we understand each other, the screenshots on the front page arent original art. At least not original in terms of this game. The CG's on the front page belongs to other games.
The screenshots are from years ago. The ones you are probably referring to have been replaced, thus I said "currently". If you tried the game for a bit you would instantly see the changes.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I specifically said portraits. Most of those screenshots aren't portraits. The portraits (in image 4, 6, and 9) are original.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
I specifically said portraits. Most of those screenshots aren't portraits. The portraits (in image 4, 6, and 9) are original.
Fair enough. Thank you for the info. That is why I said "Just so we understand each other". I tend to come off rather rude when I try to be short and concise. If you've ever seen my other posts I tend to write walls of text to explain every bit of what I'm trying to say to avoid misunderstandings (Too many girlfriends and lady friends complaining at me for being a dickhead and unemotional).

So anyway, yeah. I meant no offence.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I tend to come off rather rude when I try to be short and concise.
So do I, truth be told. Text-based communications lacks the cues that one gets in a visual exchange (body language, facial micro-expressions) with someone, or even the cues from vocal tone and inflection. It is all too painfully easy to give the wrong impression. Don't sweat it. I took no offense. I'm not thin-skinned. Of course you'd have no way of knowing that.

frirry

May 2, 2019
I feel like I must be playing this game wrong because it's so... boring. Combat is a slog, everything feels like it takes a few extra clicks to do, nothing is described very well. I didn't even know my character or several of my slaves were pregnant until I saw a debuff in combat!

The only other game I've played with slave management like this is Lilith's Throne, and that seems like it does it better.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I feel like I must be playing this game wrong because it's so... boring. Combat is a slog, everything feels like it takes a few extra clicks to do, nothing is described very well. I didn't even know my character or several of my slaves were pregnant until I saw a debuff in combat!

The only other game I've played with slave management like this is Lilith's Throne, and that seems like it does it better.
You are probably playing it right, it just has a limited appeal. The game is weak on mechanics and explanations. The game is strong on freedom of gameplay, monster girl harem, and sexual power fantasy.

how do i use the art pack??
how do you even add the art packs?
Check FAQ section here(be sure to unzip files):

Reactions: Darkarhon

Shpendik

Apr 18, 2018
How do i know that i applied the mods ? Since i don't see any change gameplay wise, Random slaves are still without a portrait, And i had to manually put the pictures in portrait and bodies folders and pick them manually for each slave...

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Random slaves will always have one of the default portraits. Adding an image pack just allows you to pick one of the new portraits via the customize button to replace the one that was assigned. Without the image pack you wouldn't have any pretty images to pick from.

Shpendik

Apr 18, 2018
Random slaves will always have one of the default portraits. Adding an image pack just allows you to pick one of the new portraits via the customize button to replace the one that was assigned. Without the image pack you wouldn't have any pretty images to pick from.
I dont have any images for the random slaves the portrait is empty black square.

Cryingbanshee

Dec 7, 2017
How do i know that i applied the mods ? Since i don't see any change gameplay wise, Random slaves are still without a portrait, And i had to manually put the pictures in portrait and bodies folders and pick them manually for each slave...
Look at the bottom left corner. If it said modded then the mod is running otherwise you need to reapply the mod you wish to see (always reapply mod if you update it). Check the official itch.io page and find 'Improved Random Portrait' Mod to set automatically your own pictures based on current slave traits (eg. Red hair, Big boobs, etc) if you don't want to do it manually.

I dont have any images for the random slaves the portrait is empty black square.
Check if you installed your custom portrait and bodies correctly. Maybe you put the folder in the wrong directory.

Reactions: Shpendik
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes