Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
I remember reading something about this game being discontinued? Seems to me it's still in development, yes?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I remember reading something about this game being discontinued? Seems to me it's still in development, yes?
The author intends to improve some game mechanics and make a sequel.
I don't expect more content to be added to the current game, it's basically finished (I could be wrong though).
Read the on his blog for more details.

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Hi, i have small question. I just got an error with the latest version of the game and don't know what to do. I have included a copy and paste text file of the error. What happened with me was this. I bought a servant from sebastian but i ended up not liking the stats. So i reloaded the game and suddenly my two other servants where gone. Like in none-existing at all.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Hi, i have small question. I just got an error with the latest version of the game and don't know what to do. I have included a copy and paste text file of the error. What happened with me was this. I bought a servant from sebastian but i ended up not liking the stats. So i reloaded the game and suddenly my two other servants where gone. Like in none-existing at all.
It sounds to me like there is likely something in the save file you tried to load that the game could not process for whatever reason. Questions like... are you using any mods, do other saves load properly, did you try rebooting the game and loading and still get the same error... come to mind.

The only other suggestion I'd make is to upload the actual save file. (I haven't downloaded the latest version, but I can't imagine all saves are just completely broken and no one else has yet noticed/complained)

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
There seems to be some errors with save file processing. Your problem is likely due to these lines in globals.gd:
Code:
    if currentline.has('sebastianslave'):
        currentline.sebastianslave['@subpath'] = 'person'
It seems to be an earlier fix for save compatibility, but it wrecks current saves. Simply putting a '#' at the beginning of both lines should fix it. If you happen to have any pregnancies, same thing but the lines are below that.
Code:
        if i['@subpath'] == '':
            i['@subpath'] = 'person'
It will probably be officially fixed soon. There's a Discord for Strive: discord.gg/VXSx9Zk I recommend that for anyone with questions or issues.

Reactions: scrumbles

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
It sounds to me like there is likely something in the save file you tried to load that the game could not process for whatever reason. Questions like... are you using any mods, do other saves load properly, did you try rebooting the game and loading and still get the same error... come to mind.

The only other suggestion I'd make is to upload the actual save file. (I haven't downloaded the latest version, but I can't imagine all saves are just completely broken and no one else has yet noticed/complained)
EDIT: REINYN
Still trying to figure out how this quoting works but you ar right in what you say. This is what i found out.
Other saves work perfectly fine but if you order something from Sebastian, pick up your order, save the game and then reload or quit entirely and reload after saving you end up with no slaves at all. That means there should be something wrong with the Sebastian code. ( I think )

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
There seems to be some errors with save file processing. Your problem is likely due to these lines in globals.gd:
Code:
    if currentline.has('sebastianslave'):
        currentline.sebastianslave['@subpath'] = 'person'
It seems to be an earlier fix for save compatibility, but it wrecks current saves. Simply putting a '#' at the beginning of both lines should fix it. If you happen to have any pregnancies, same thing but the lines are below that.
Code:
        if i['@subpath'] == '':
            i['@subpath'] = 'person'
It will probably be officially fixed soon. There's a Discord for Strive: discord.gg/VXSx9Zk I recommend that for anyone with questions or issues.
Hi, thanks for answering my question, but where do i find these codes?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hi, thanks for answering my question, but where do i find these codes?
Looks like an official update has been released. While this is probably the most critical issue fixed in it, I recommend downloading it for the other fixes.

I will answer your question anyways. So long as you aren't using the osx/mac version you can open any file ending in ".gd" with a text editor(I use Sublime Text 3).
Starting at the folder containing the executable, open the "files" folder, and open "globals.gd". If you have line numbers then it will be line 1226(your error message lists line 1257, but the cause was before that), otherwise use the text editor's find tool to search for "sebastianslave", it will be the 4th from the top.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
In files\globals.gd
Edit: oops, didn't read the message before mine XD

@Ankmairdor : thanks, works like a charm
Ha, yeah, I wrote out the same description as to file name and location as well. Just as I went to hit "post" I noticed I wasn't actually on the last page of posts. Delete, delete, delete... totally redundant...

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I wish Maverik would actually put the version number in the zip-file name. I imagine he does not so that he can essentially use a perma-link and simply swap out what the link points to. But it is a pain to need to guess when a file is or is not a new version or to need to download just to find out whether or not one needs to download it. No clue if his current download is actually 24b or 24c

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I wish Maverik would actually put the version number in the zip-file name. I imagine he does not so that he can essentially use a perma-link and simply swap out what the link points to. But it is a pain to need to guess when a file is or is not a new version or to need to download just to find out whether or not one needs to download it. No clue if his current download is actually 24b or 24c
Yeah, I had trouble with figuring out if I was up-to-date, especially since the itch.io version doesn't match the in-game version. It's a little annoying to have to add the version to my folder name each time. Then I noticed that it tells you how long ago the downloads were updated on itch.io where you choose the OS version to download. It's easier to compare the times than the versions. It's currently 524c in-game.

Tikkar

Dec 10, 2017
Strive for Power 5.24b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am new here and to all this stuff so i have no idea, but why is the far newer version 0.5.24b not on the mainpage ... and please someone that is able and knows how to do it, patch it for the Constants mod thing like the 0.5.23c is modded. I am not able to get that one running in the 0.5.24b version :( it is either crashing the game complete or crapping it up so far that i am not able to start a new game.

I found that one good for faster playtrough but i am a total crap noob for making mods work :(
And yes, i have played the game normal without any mod for 4 times.

Oh and if it is possible, i would love to have more living space for slaves in my house. For one time i wanted to have a bit special End. Trying to get not only every special character i also searched for a beauty of every race in the game (min. 80 points of beauty). But soon i hit the living space barrier. That means, 25 races that are currently in the game, plus and including Irvan and Tia, the 12 Recruit-able NPc Girls and the last one 1 Starting Slave. That makes it allready 38 of 33 available sleeping slots :(

If i want to have at least 1 Child with every one of the 12 Recruit-able Girls and keep the Childs that number goes up again and then even if i wanted to have with every Race 1 Child and keep it, i would double the overall count of Girls to 76. .. Yes i know that is lot of Woman in the Harem, but hey beeing a bit like Genghis Khan is sometimes a funny thing :p even if i can it be only inside a Game like Strive ^^

I would not mind to spend thousands of Gold and upgrade points. I am from a older School of gamer that is able to grind mindless for hours and days to get Gold or Levelups or what ever is needet *grin*

If someone can make that happen be sure that i am very thankfull as i can play the Game like Genghis Khan would do.

so much for my first post here on F95 :p

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Kind of sad this game starts feeling pointless after a relatively short while. The difficulty curve falls off extremely quickly and the explorable world starts feeling small just as fast.
I've spent way more time gathering and editing images for body images/portraits of characters than I've actually spent playing it.

Reactions: Fire Fall

Cryingbanshee

Dec 7, 2017
Oh and if it is possible, i would love to have more living space for slaves in my house. For one time i wanted to have a bit special End. Trying to get not only every special character i also searched for a beauty of every race in the game (min. 80 points of beauty). But soon i hit the living space barrier. That means, 25 races that are currently in the game, plus and including Irvan and Tia, the 12 Recruit-able NPc Girls and the last one 1 Starting Slave. That makes it allready 38 of 33 available sleeping slots
Be a patron and use the password to unlock the patron only console at option menu. Then you can uncap the maximum number of slaves you can have.

or

Search for password in this thread.

Reactions: jason95821

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I am new here and to all this stuff so i have no idea, but why is the far newer version 0.5.24b not on the mainpage ... and please someone that is able and knows how to do it, patch it for the Constants mod thing like the 0.5.23c is modded. I am not able to get that one running in the 0.5.24b version :( it is either crashing the game complete or crapping it up so far that i am not able to start a new game.
The Constants mod is already packaged with the game as it was made by the game dev. If it behaves weirdly, the simplest course of action is to rename the "Strive" folder in the user's appdata(the one with saves and pictures) and create a fresh install with the newer version. Then copy the save files and pictures into the "Strive" folder created by the fresh install. Without an actual error message it's hard to provide a detailed fix, but it is likely a lot faster to simply use a fresh 'install'.

And by the way the latest version is 0.5.24c and it's free from the source:

Tikkar

Dec 10, 2017
*hust* .. thx, i have not used that password before. (now i feel much more like the Noob that i am)

The .24c version is not available for me, if i click download on itch it wants me to pay what ever i want to pay for.
For now i am not sure if i want to pay Money for a game that the Dev can throw away anytime.
But i am sure i pay for the Game as it reaches full release state. I would even pay as far as 30 Euro for it as i already think it is a nice game so far and can only get better.

Thx again for the tip with that Constants mod it worked pretty fine :) never thought of that it might be data corruption from the older version. I note me that down for future versions :)

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes