Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
so first thing, what are you using to open the .gd file? the one im using i think works but i cant find the second code, for me line 602 is "sensinput *=1.1"
The line numbers he gave were for vanilla 0.5.25, you appear to be using AricsExpansion. Mods tend to change the code, thus the line numbers will not match. Use the Find function (Ctrl + F, in most text editors) and look for the code or just some significant text like "lastinteractionday".

UndeadCypher

May 16, 2019
The line numbers he gave were for vanilla 0.5.25, you appear to be using AricsExpansion. Mods tend to change the code, thus the line numbers will not match. Use the Find function (Ctrl + F, in most text editors) and look for the code or just some significant text like "lastinteractionday".
yeah so imma gonna have to download a different editor then cause ctrl + f doesn't work with ultra file opener unless i think if i pay for it XD, also it wont break my saves right? thanks btw

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
yeah so imma gonna have to download a different editor then cause ctrl + f doesn't work with ultra file opener unless i think if i pay for it XD, also it wont break my saves right? thanks btw
No idea, haven't used that, but always make backups of files before changing them. It's often far easier to revert to a known working file than fix random mistakes.

Edit: the game often starts with 2 windows: the game and a terminal. The terminal will report errors as they occur, though stuff could still go wrong without causing errors generally that is rare. The save files are safe until you save to them in the editor or in-game, even if the game crashes they will be fine.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I edit code with my basic Notepad that came with my computer. In fact, the mod I made for this game came from doing just that... The code isnt hard to mess with once you learn what to do...

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Hey, I'm running into a really annoying issue during sex scenes. I've tried looking around but can't find anything else about it, sorry if I've just missed it.
Some slaves, when I try to have sex with them, consensual or otherwise, just don't show up as a possible actor or receiver. So it leaves just my character there alone and shows the remaining interactions (hourglass) as 0 from the start. It does this with group sex as well, removing both themselves and the third person (who I've tested alone and with another character) from possible interactions.

Has anyone had this problem and know a fix?

Here's an example, this one is a futa, but it's happened with females before as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hey, I'm running into a really annoying issue during sex scenes. I've tried looking around but can't find anything else about it, sorry if I've just missed it.
Some slaves, when I try to have sex with them, consensual or otherwise, just don't show up as a possible actor or receiver. So it leaves just my character there alone and shows the remaining interactions (hourglass) as 0 from the start. It does this with group sex as well, removing both themselves and the third person (who I've tested alone and with another character) from possible interactions.

Here's an example, this one is a futa, but it's happened with females before as well.
Are you playing with any mods or code alterations? If so, please list them.
Are you playing with a progress started before v1.0a? If so, what was the last version that you had?

The game usually starts with 2 windows: the game window and a terminal that will state the Godot Engine and OpenGL ES versions. The terminal will also report errors as they occur; a screenshot of the errors would be very helpful.

If the terminal does not appear when you start the game, then enable "Use file error logging" in settings and restart the game. Upon exiting the game (not crashing out), it will create a log file in the "%appdata%/Strive/logs" folder. You can also access the Strive AppData folder through the load/save menu when in a game progress.

Edit: seems someone else had a similar issue, but posted the errors in the sequel's channel so I just now found out what the issue is. It's gonna take a few minutes to decide how to fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuickBob

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Are you playing with any mods or code alterations? If so, please list them.
Are you playing with a progress started before v1.0a? If so, what was the last version that you had?

The game usually starts with 2 windows: the game window and a terminal that will state the Godot Engine and OpenGL ES versions. The terminal will also report errors as they occur; a screenshot of the errors would be very helpful.

If the terminal does not appear when you start the game, then enable "Use file error logging" in settings and restart the game. Upon exiting the game (not crashing out), it will create a log file in the "%appdata%/Strive/logs" folder. You can also access the Strive AppData folder through the load/save menu when in a game progress.
Thank you! I didn't even think to check the terminal for some reason. Apparently you can't have sex with characters that have handcuffs on? I forgot that I hadn't taken them off and never thought to check. Fortunately the terminal considered that an error and logged it, so once I bothered to check there it was pretty obvious.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019

I found the errors posted under the sequel. Apparently my additions related to slaves wearing handcuffs were bugged, but went unnoticed for more than a month. The problem can be avoided by simply un-equipping the handcuffs during the sex interaction. To fix the error yourself before the next version comes out you will need to edit "/scripts/newsexsystem.gd" with a decent text editor and make the following changes. (Leading spaces will need to be changed to tabs; 4 spaces to 1 tab)

Code:
replace line 2186 with:
        elif member.isHandCuffed:

replace line 152 with:
                    isHandCuffed = true

replace line 88 with:
    var isHandCuffed = false

Reactions: QuickBob

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
How can I edit my slaves? I want to add some traits to my slaves but its a bit complicated to do (I managed to open my save file with notepad but I don't know what to change). If there is something like a mod to do this easily I can try that as well.

Alternatively, if I can change effects of mutation spell to only adding new traits to slaves I can easily get what I want with minimal save scumming.

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
How can I edit my slaves? I want to add some traits to my slaves but its a bit complicated to do (I managed to open my save file with notepad but I don't know what to change). If there is something like a mod to do this easily I can try that as well.

Alternatively, if I can change effects of mutation spell to only adding new traits to slaves I can easily get what I want with minimal save scumming.
Ok, rather than tackling wall of complicated text of save files, I have tried to change effects of mutation spell.
Its at spells file under main game folder->files->scripts

I have removed anything besides 'traitadd' from var array (red lined)
I also have changed mutate(2) to mutate(1) at var text (blue box). Reason for this, spell effects a target multiple times up to 5. So, you can get any unwanted traits (or whatever you want to change) besides traits you want which can make things more difficult. With this change spell effects a target only once. If you don't mind unwanted traits you can leave blue box as it is. I also have tried to see if I can get a specific trait with this spell. I have changed 'any' with 'Quick' in green box but it didn't worked unfortunately. Of course you can use this for any change normally under effects of mutation spell by leaving only that effect at red lined place.

Well, you still will get a random trait each time so it might take few mins of save scumming for each slave if you want to get specific trait (though it will be much more eaiser for other changes since there are far less possibility for them). Though it still fells to me this is better (less time consuming) than editing save files.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
This game is hard, ngl, im gonna fail at this management game since i don't know anything about it
Just keep at it and you will figure it out.
First go to the mage guild and get that quest and you should be able to find one in the slave guild. (Make sure you go right back in and you should talk to another guild member to start your quest with them.

Keep checking the slavers and check what they are looking for and then look at the slaves they have and you may find a cheap slave to fulfill there needs.

Once you make enough money to get armor and daggers for 3 get Emily and bring all 3 including your first NPC to battle outside of town.

ttipsigam

Jan 23, 2018
This game is hard, ngl, im gonna fail at this management game since i don't know anything about it
Ye I was struggling until I realized that if you attack bandits while they have a captive (and don't capture the captive) you can just ask them to join you - no need to train a slave into obedience

wolfyjrb15

Aug 28, 2020
Ye I was struggling until I realized that if you attack bandits while they have a captive (and don't capture the captive) you can just ask them to join you - no need to train a slave into obedience
yeah but they will sometimes say no if you ask them to join you

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
ah ok, but i will have to start again since i have a habit of starting again every time i screw up and im doing story mode as well
Yes this is a hard game to get started if you don't know what to do.
It took me 10 restarts before I figured out the beginning.

Jini1136

May 11, 2018
Does this is coming in mods or is alerdy impemented?? its not working for me...
New Feature: Training Grounds
Adds Training Ground Location, Trainer & Trainee Jobs
This feature is a new location geared towards end-game to minimize end-game grinding. A new location can be purchased from Facilities called the Training Grounds. It can be upgraded 4 times at 10 upgrade points and 5k (times the level) a pop.
The Grounds unlocks the Trainer job, which allows you to set a dedicated Combat Trainer. They can teach a number of slaves of lower level who have won less total battles than the trainer and give them a daily amount of XP as well as a chance for Learning Points (to unlock abilities).
The Trainer requires Commoner or Higher, Level 3 or higher, and has to have participated in 5+ battles. The details on exactly how much XP is granted (to each Trainee), the chance of Learning Points and Amount granted, etc is all listed in the Upgrade and/or the Job Panels. The Trainer can teach a total number of slaves equal to twice his/her level.
Added Job Skills for Trainer and Trainee

4.20 star(s) 47 Votes