Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
How do I edit the number of turns per interaction?
The best way is to apply the Constants mod(it comes with the game) through the Mods menu and restart the game. The mod provides a GUI for changing many values like those (there are 3 related to turns per interaction). It provides tooltip descriptions and suggested range of values for each value. It will also check the type of the value for consistency so you are unlikely to break anything.

The simple way is to open ".../files/scripts/variables.gd" with a decent text editor and search for the first case of "timeforinteraction". The next 2 lines will have values that also effect turns per interaction. Change the numbers and save. The next time you start the game it will use those values. Though if you apply any mods, then those values will revert to whatever is stored in the backup.

Reactions: Am I Hidden

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
out of all the traits ive never had any uncivilized YET good to know though great idea with jailer too im gonna do that
It depends on where you go. I think just about every npc you can capture in the fairy/dryad areas is uncivilized, for example.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I believe Harpies from the mountains near Gorn usually start with it, as well as the species found at the shore. There are probably others I'm forgetting, it's been a while since I played.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
It depends on where you go. I think just about every npc you can capture in the fairy/dryad areas is uncivilized, for example.
i took your advice and made a jailer a tamer..today i was on the quest to get a fairy and i got my 1st uncivilized fairy LOL
and jailer made it normal i was like woohooo it worked!!!

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
i very rarely ever get get into story based games BUT sometimes i make an exception such as the case with this game
although YES sandbox was fun i actually enjoyed the story version a whole lot better(imagine that coming from someone who usually hates story based games) i went with going against the old order
i hated being the errand boy LOL..such an awsome ending glad that it gave the option to continue playing AFTER the ending
would of sucked otherwise LOL

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

FonorLinBar

Jan 21, 2018
Can i get some help? my game crashes every time when i do either of these things, Use the supporter panel or use mind reader spell. i dont know why it does this.

Edit*

Never mind i looked around and found the debug mod, this fixed the issue of the constant crashing, if your game crashes a lot in the same situations try this out.

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Can i get some help? my game crashes every time when i do either of these things, Use the supporter panel or use mind reader spell. i dont know why it does this.
Most likely, you either have mods installed or you have corrupted data as both of those actions should normally be stable. Knowing what was changed is important.

The game creates error logs in the appdata folder for Strive, which can be accessed though the mods menu and opening the mods folder. Though when the game crashes it doesn't always create a log, in which case you will need to get the debug mod from itch.io, and in the worst case you have to run the debug executable using the Command Prompt.

Provide the list of errors either as a cropped screenshot(Snipping Tool) or copy the text. If there are too many errors, the important part is usually the first few errors.

I'll be at work for a few hours.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I only gain 3xp per fight. Even on log from battle showing more. Eg. 50xp
is that right?
That total is divided up equally among all your party members rounded. It also doesn't roll over if you hit max for that level until you do the level up process. So 50 xp divided by 4 party members should be 12 xp for each character. However, if you only needed 3 to level, you would only get the three the rest is lost.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I only gain 3xp per fight. Even on log from battle showing more. Eg. 50xp
is that right?
Experience is a bit weird; it would be better to think of the value you see as percent xp as it's always out of 100, but that's not strictly correct either. As Phoexist points out, combat xp is divided equally between all combatants, though that value is rounded to the nearest integer. For example:
round(50 / 4) = round(12.5) = 13.0.

Additionally, the xp for each person is divided by the person's level and rounded. For example:
round(13 / 4) = round(3.25) = 3.0

However, even if a person is very high in level they will always gain at least one experience point.

Rafaelhiv

Feb 21, 2018
Experience is a bit weird; it would be better to think of the value you see as percent xp as it's always out of 100, but that's not strictly correct either. As Phoexist points out, combat xp is divided equally between all combatants, though that value is rounded to the nearest integer. For example:
round(50 / 4) = round(12.5) = 13.0.

Additionally, the xp for each person is divided by the person's level and rounded. For example:
round(13 / 4) = round(3.25) = 3.0

However, even if a person is very high in level they will always gain at least one experience point.
Thanks Ankmairdor
Thank you as well Phoexist

Reactions: Phoexist

roland1912

Sep 23, 2019
There's a small chance that the bandits outside Wimborn will be demons. You can find high level demons in the Marsh between Shaliq village and Frostford.
Sorry, another question: I am trying to reach Amberguard through the Elven Grove, but I can't do it. Is there any other way?

Alenin

Oct 13, 2017
Does anyone have a list of new traits? I used to have a list of addable extra traits from a modder but I lost it

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes