Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, this game used to work great for me but then I got a new computer and it keeps crashing. I completely deleted it, reinstalled it, tried it with zero mods, with the debug fix mod and it still keeps crashing. This is the error I keep getting from the log:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyone know how I can fix this or can it be fixed? I actually really enjoy this game and it'd be a shame if I can't get it to work. I was running it a full screen, but then after one of the attempts I kept it default size but still crashes regardless.

Additional: I tried again with the 32.dll recommended on the open post, as well as deleted the inbuilt mod completely. It crashed again on start and I got this error this time:

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Hi, this game used to work great for me but then I got a new computer and it keeps crashing. I completely deleted it, reinstalled it, tried it with zero mods, with the debug fix mod and it still keeps crashing. This is the error I keep getting from the log:

Anyone know how I can fix this or can it be fixed? I actually really enjoy this game and it'd be a shame if I can't get it to work. I was running it a full screen, but then after one of the attempts I kept it default size but still crashes regardless.

Additional: I tried again with the 32.dll recommended on the open post, as well as deleted the inbuilt mod completely. It crashed again on start and I got this error this time:

The first log is little bit weird but contains no particularly useful information. The first oddity is that it is missing a standard warning that appears whenever the game dynamically generates a list of buttons, which the mod menu does and based on the text you were applying mods. The second oddity is that the warning and error are only the second half of the standard messages issued when the game closes. I have no idea what type of problem could cause these oddities, but likely some kind of conflict between your computer and Godot.

For the second log, I have no idea what opengl32.dll does, but the new error appears non-nonsensical as the line number it mentions does not have any "for" loops for vanilla or for the Bugfix mod. So unless there are other code alterations that you have made, that does not appear to be helping.

You mention the "debug fix mod" but there is no such mod; there are the Debug mod and the Bugfix mod, which are separate mods with different intended effects. The Bugfix mod fixes many mechanical problems with the game, but will not help against a crashing game. The Debug mod can be used to display errors to a terminal while the game runs; however, that terminal usually closes when the game crashes and the log files are not updated if the game suddenly crashes rather than closing normally.

The way around that is to run the executable provided by the Debug mod using the Command Prompt to keep the list of errors visible after the game crashes. The 2 basic commands to do so are "cd <YOUR_PATH_TO_STRIVE_FOLDER>"(replace <> and contents), and the next is the name of the debug executable.

In order to locate the cause of your problem it may help to have more specific information. Seeing as you were able to run the mod system and possibly the options menu it appears that the game is not crashing on start up, so after what specific action is it crashing?

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
The first log is little bit weird but contains no particularly useful information. The first oddity is that it is missing a standard warning that appears whenever the game dynamically generates a list of buttons, which the mod menu does and based on the text you were applying mods. The second oddity is that the warning and error are only the second half of the standard messages issued when the game closes. I have no idea what type of problem could cause these oddities, but likely some kind of conflict between your computer and Godot.

For the second log, I have no idea what opengl32.dll does, but the new error appears non-nonsensical as the line number it mentions does not have any "for" loops for vanilla or for the Bugfix mod. So unless there are other code alterations that you have made, that does not appear to be helping.

You mention the "debug fix mod" but there is no such mod; there are the Debug mod and the Bugfix mod, which are separate mods with different intended effects. The Bugfix mod fixes many mechanical problems with the game, but will not help against a crashing game. The Debug mod can be used to display errors to a terminal while the game runs; however, that terminal usually closes when the game crashes and the log files are not updated if the game suddenly crashes rather than closing normally.

The way around that is to run the executable provided by the Debug mod using the Command Prompt to keep the list of errors visible after the game crashes. The 2 basic commands to do so are "cd <YOUR_PATH_TO_STRIVE_FOLDER>"(replace <> and contents), and the next is the name of the debug executable.

In order to locate the cause of your problem it may help to have more specific information. Seeing as you were able to run the mod system and possibly the options menu it appears that the game is not crashing on start up, so after what specific action is it crashing?
It just does it randomly, sometimes I can get it to start, sometimes not. I noticed that if I run the 32 bit version non-fullscreen...well it hasn't crashed yet. So that is a good sign.

If what you said is correct (and I have no reason to think its not), I am suspecting my graphics card itself is the culprit. Nividia likes to take it upon itself to "optimize" games, which can change some settings without me being aware or initiating it. I have trouble with other games that close out in a similar manner...I think my graphics card is just funky.

Thank you so much for your help

EDIT: I don't know if anyone is interested in this or not, but it turns out RTX 3070 is a pain in the butt. What it does is overuse the processor and at a certain point windows just stops responding which is why it just auto closes/crashes games (it wasn't JUST this game I had problems with, but this was the first one that made me very curious why it didn't work). There is a fix, but I doubt anyone actually cares about that, but hopefully this game will work properly after I apply the fix

Last edited:

Deybu

Nov 23, 2018
If memory serves right then I think there should be an image pack somewhere along the files or am I missing something?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
If memory serves right then I think there should be an image pack somewhere along the files or am I missing something?
There are no image packs within the game files, but there are many user image packs. The first post has links to several inside the appropriate spoiler section, though I don't know how many of those work or have up to date tagging. There are more packs in the portrait packs section of the Strive forum on itch.io.

jenterscape

Mar 25, 2018
It's a pretty clunky game with lots of bugs. That being said I love the easy customizability of everything and because of this it easily makes my top 10 best adult games. Hopefully the sequel to this game fixes many of these issues.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
It's a pretty clunky game with lots of bugs. That being said I love the easy customizability of everything and because of this it easily makes my top 10 best adult games. Hopefully the sequel to this game fixes many of these issues.
You are welcome to point out those bugs either here or on itch.io. There is a Bugfix mod that addresses many such issues when people point them out: . The sequel is currently a far buggier game, but it is starting to become feature rich as well.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
This is probably a dumb question, especially since I've played this a thousand times but is the kitsune mascot in the game like other the NPC's?

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
I loved Strive for Power, can you suggest something else like this, I love the theme of the game, preferably 3d but anything works

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
This is probably a dumb question, especially since I've played this a thousand times but is the kitsune mascot in the game like other the NPC's?
Alise is a mascot and guide, not a unique person available in game. Though she has a lot more pictures(several costume options) than any other person, and an option to show up with the end of day report.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
I suppose there isn't a art pack of the first game's characters? I'd like to use them in the sequel since they suit my fancy over the new ones. I doubt the PNG files are in the game files.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I suppose there isn't a art pack of the first game's characters? I'd like to use them in the sequel since they suit my fancy over the new ones. I doubt the PNG files are in the game files.
Not that I am aware. The process of converting the images to plain PNG is a fairly simple script and all the needed code can be found in imageselect.gd.

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
At any point do you gain the ability to completely create and customize new servants like you can in the beginning with your first one? Also, how do I heal mid battle? I bought bandages but don't know how to do fuck all with them. And is there a way to tell your reputation in town? I don't want to kidnap new servants or rape bandits if I am not able to monitor how locations or my servants feel about me afterwards.

Last edited:

flynn0426

Nov 17, 2019
There's a shitload this game doesn't explain. How do I gain more than 1 normal and 1 sexual interaction in 1 day? Is there also any way to pick and choose which sexual traits a servant gets? I'd like to have several for multiple servants, so they aren't limited to one per right? And is there some way I can give them each trait I want without grinding sex positions?

Last edited:

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
At any point do you gain the ability to completely create and customize new servants like you can in the beginning with your first one? Also, how do I heal mid battle? I bought bandages but don't know how to do fuck all with them. And is there a way to tell your reputation in town? I don't want to kidnap new servants or rape bandits if I am not able to monitor how locations or my servants feel about me afterwards.
The free customization seen at the start of the game is the only time you can use that method. For the rest of the game you can use potions, laboratory, Customization section of slave tab(hair style and tattoos), and the mutation spell(random changes) to alter appearance, though many require upgrades.

The heal spell is the only way to heal mid-battle, though many times you have already lost if you need it. Bandages can be used while exploring through the "Control" button, or at the mansion through the inventory.

Reputation can be seen in approximate values when inspecting the player character, which is the third button from the right in the mansion.
There's a shitload this game doesn't explain. How do I gain more than 1 normal and 1 sexual interaction in 1 day? Is there also any way to pick and choose which sexual traits a servant gets? I'd like to have several for multiple servants, so they aren't limited to one per right? And is there some way I can give them each trait I want without grinding sex positions?
Player endurance increases the number of interaction points at odd values.

There is no way to choose freely the sexual traits of your slaves, but most of them can be gained depending on your actions. The Elixir of Clarity can be used to remove physical or mental traits depending on application. The wiki has a list of traits and how to get them, though it is not completely correct. "Pervert" requires high lust and has a chance per perverted action. There is no limit to the number of traits, but some conflict with others thus preventing the conflict from being gained.

Reactions: flynn0426
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes