Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing : the game it's about playing a slaver mage.

- what about a underground city, like a drow one ? could be nice (drows are renomed for slavers and sex activities). For example, in the mountain cave.
- why not the option to play an Illithid, another great slaver race ? Yeah, that :

- why we can't have a full body for the master ? could be also nice to get a nice pic and body for him/her !
Let's start with the bad:
no, there's no body pic for the player.

Now the good:
you can custom add a full-body pic manually.
Make a small pic for his/her face (lets say called "playerdrow"), and another for his/her body (let's say "playerdrowB").
While in-game, open the save/load screen: there's a button to the botton-right,which opens the hidden folders.
Since it's hidden, you'll rarely find it manually, so make a shortcut to it for easy access.
There's the saves to edit, and the folder "portraits" and "bodies".
Put the small pic "player" on portraits, and the big "playerB" on bodies.
Back to game, on your player custom options, there's a "set portrait" button. Go with it, and it'll show you the available options, "player".png should be there. select it and that's it.

For the full pic, you need to go to your save.
Open with a text editor, and look for a line that reads "imageportait": "user//portraits//playerdrow" (NOTE: there's a typo, on "imageportait") or something like that (notepad has a handy search function on the top otions). That's the line that calls for your small pic.
Right above, is a similar call, but it reads "null". Just copypaste the other line, but instead of "portraits" put "bodies" and instead of "playerdrow" put the other name (playerdrowB), so it reads like "user//bodies//playerdrowB".
There, should look like this:

While you don't have a floating big picture, it shows on your gear screen, which is pretty much the same.
Use this online editor if you want, it'll make editing MUCH easier:

As for the other stuff... well, that's more or less what happens later in the game when reaching the mountains.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Why I want orcs and goblins if I play a drow ? Because Drows slaves are mostly orcs and goblins, of course!
Of course, some other slaves are needed : demons, fairies, elfs, beat girls, even humans...

So, If i wish a little lore, a drow mage should begin with some orc slaves, and increase his cheptel progressively.

By the way, how to tame efficiently a slave captured in wilderness (a bandit for example) ? I succed to tame a level 1 goblin in 5 days, and I never succeded to tame a fairy, a dryad, or even an human...

Another thing : my slaves died due to stress or pregnancies... how I could stop that ? It's a pain to loose Emily at day 10 because she falls pregnant and die.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, look here:

I only tried the breeding one.
The others are pointless (basically, they're edited games, for lazy pips that don't want to bother editing) and usually they break/crash the game. The MAD mod seems like just a new race and some new items, nothing interesting.

The breeding one adds a lot of new mechanics, a good amount of extra content (like new fetishes/kinks, events, body changes, etc), and while it still needs to be polished, it's perfectly stable, didn't had a single problem, even while heavily editing myself.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Why I want orcs and goblins if I play a drow ? Because Drows slaves are mostly orcs and goblins, of course!
Of course, some other slaves are needed : demons, fairies, elfs, beat girls, even humans...

So, If i wish a little lore, a drow mage should begin with some orc slaves, and increase his cheptel progressively.

By the way, how to tame efficiently a slave captured in wilderness (a bandit for example) ? I succed to tame a level 1 goblin in 5 days, and I never succeded to tame a fairy, a dryad, or even an human...

Another thing : my slaves died due to stress or pregnancies... how I could stop that ? It's a pain to loose Emily at day 10 because she falls pregnant and die.
for pregnancy make sure the girl doesn't get stressed and raise her endurance
Dryads from the wilds have the unciviliced trait and can't trully be tamed unless you have a slave with tamer specalization on prisoner duty.
also Goblins (enemies) can be found in groups in the cave near Gorn

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017

Damn, my DnD lore is completely rusted lol

Anyways, I think I get you gameplaying style.

I sugest you start over in sandbox mode.
It has everything unlocked, so you'll get a btter understanding of how things work, and more resources. You might even like it more than story mode.
Story mode it's meant to be retardedly grindy, so a single mistake of spending some coins here and there, and you're done.
Try sandbox first, you won't lose your story save anyways.

Reducing stress can be done with "sedate" spell (or "sleep"), and for that you need some story advancement. Or use some soothing clothes, and you need more advancement. As I've said, in story youll need to spend weeks carefully monitoring a slave, just to sell it and advance a bit.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Another suggestion :

names for non human non elfic races
Goblins, demons... and other races like that should not use the human name generator.

The elfs and orcs have their own names generators... why not some other races who are not supposed to use human names ?

For examples, Goblins :

And orc like surnames.
After all, they are close races.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, the story mod is hard.
I modify the game save to give me tremendous amount of gold, just ot buy armor, weapons, bandages... 2000 gold is just enough to get a decent equipement !

what is blocked in story mod ?
As far I advance, I need to deliver a fairy... I'm level 2, day 10, and it's very hard to cath one... (emily and my orc servant can't knock her before she runs)
I also play an hunter : with Emily, I can spot every dangers, and go to Gorn safely !

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
this one ?
That one.

Again, be aware it has some weird stuff, mostly some pronoun callings, but nothing gamebreaking.
You'll find the breeding options very useful (and not so akin to Drows), as well as other mechanics.

NOTE:
the biggest problem is that you and your slaves will always be clothed, so you can't see their privates. You need to talk to them to have them strip.
Unfortunately, this extends to your PC, and the only way to see what you're packing (if interested) is to edit the savefile (there's a call for "naked:false" or something like that. Set it to "true" and that's all)
It's not a bug, just an extra feature.

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
- what about a underground city, like a drow one ?
There's already an underground city named Umbra. You can't reach it by walking; you'll need to buy a special teleport stone. Making it discoverable via mountain exploration is a neat idea - but it's probably not a high priority for development.

- why not the option to play an Illithid, another great slaver race ?
A few issues:
  • elves, orcs, fairies, dragons, etc are generic fantasy content. Illithid are . Modders could add an Illithid race, but it's unlikely that Maverik would do so. He has kept his game legit by using Creative Commons assets or commissioning artwork. Mods (such as portrait packs) reuse IP without permission or attribution, but Maverik himself wouldn't risk a DMCA takedown.
  • from a mechanics perspective, Illithid are overpowered. The player character is supposed to obtain useful magic spells during the midgame, but an Illithid PC would have access to psionics at level 1. Game design 101 says "okay, make the character physically weaker" but we can't do that because a level 1 PC already has awful physical stats. The game's difficulty curve would be upset ... unless you add in new mechanics (such as distrust/fear from townsfolk, hatred/revulsion from slaves, etc) to compensate. This means more development work, more testing, and greater risk of incompatibility (with future game development, with other mods, etc).
  • in the lore, Illithid are isolationist and hyper-racist and functionally celibate. They wouldn't be walking around on the surface, and they wouldn't perform fetch-quest errands for petty merchants, and they wouldn't have casual sex with filthy slaves. The modder would need to re-write a lot of dialog in order to properly explain the presence (and/or cooperation) of an Illithid PC.
  • since it's unlikely that you'll get a satisfactory Illithid mod ... you should just apply savefile editing to a normal playthrough. Give your PC very high mental stats, reduce your physical stats, give yourself early access to key spells (such as Mindread), set your portait to a mind flayer, and then try to roleplay within the existing game mechanics. Wear expensive jewelry, never equip heavy armor, avoid physical combat, avoid penetrative sex, always enslave NPCs during random encounters, decline to participate in sidequests, never show kindness or affection for slaves, etc.

Feb 17, 2017
Ok, lets do the permanent one.
In mansion.gd replace all(whould be 3):
if i.lastinteractionday == globals.resources.day:
With, lets say this:
if i.lastinteractionday == globals.resources.day and false:

I'll be damn if I know why Mav added that stupid rule, that doesn't even makes sense.
Game mechanics polishing. Balance.
Game is WIP. Everything is changing/is subject to change.
I won't be surprised if there is no design document in existence, even in Maveriks head. So, hard to be 100% sure in what direction it's all going.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
  • since it's unlikely that you'll get a satisfactory Illithid mod ... you should just apply savefile editing to a normal playthrough. Give your PC very high mental stats, reduce your physical stats, give yourself early access to key spells (such as Mindread), set your portait to a mind flayer, and then try to roleplay within the existing game mechanics. Wear expensive jewelry, never equip heavy armor, avoid physical combat, avoid penetrative sex, always enslave NPCs during random encounters, decline to participate in sidequests, never show kindness or affection for slaves, etc.
Don't forget the tasty brain-eating, man :p

Ok, lets do the permanent one.
In mansion.gd replace all(whould be 3):
if i.lastinteractionday == globals.resources.day:
With, lets say this:
if i.lastinteractionday == globals.resources.day and false:
Sweet!
Will try asap, thanks!

mechanics polishing. Balance.
Game is WIP. Everything is changing/is subject to change.
I won't be surprised if there is no design document in existence, even in Maveriks head. So, hard to be 100% sure in what direction it's all going.
Yeah, I got the balance thing, but there were probably more efficient ways.
Specially considering that is the only way to have sex... it's an erotic game after all.

I've talked a lot with him, very early in development. I think much like you, he's not really sure which way to go.
He completely changed the system like 3 times (at least. I have still a very early version, which was the newer version I got, which was in turn the second system re-do. And it's very different from the current system), but as much as I pointed out some big flaws, he didn't wanted to change (he was actually pretty cool, and implemented some sugestions).

Seemed a bit stubborn, and more interested in learning to code and experiment, rather than developing something specific.
He wasn't even sure about artwork (I was going to do the first NPC pics, but we didn't came to an agreement).
In any case, he's very crafty, and at least, unlike most devs, he listens a lot and learns from experience.
As far as I know, the game is practically done, and he'll start a new project in some time.

Otomo

Dec 17, 2017
Thx for your reply about Illithids... So, I'll keep my sexy drow ! And make my servants wearing the leather collars or pets outfits !
Another question : how I could make new portraits/bodies ?
Butler made an amazing job, but few pics are... disgraceful. I wish to replace some of them...

W65

May 31, 2018
Thx for your reply about Illithids... So, I'll keep my sexy drow ! And make my servants wearing the leather collars or pets outfits !
Another question : how I could make new portraits/bodies ?
Butler made an amazing job, but few pics are... disgraceful. I wish to replace some of them...
I mean, I think you just do what any portrait pack maker does: grab art you like, edit/shop out the background, save it as a .png, and throw it in the %appdata%\strive\bodies or %appdata%\strive\portraits directory beside the other portraits and bodies.

You can just delete the ones you don't want. It shouldn't hurt anything as long as they're not actually being used.

Besharia

May 6, 2018
How do you combat stress? I know lust and stress are tied into each other because a spike in lust tends to increase stress... Lust is difficult for me to combat past a certain number of girls because it just takes too many trips into combat (I can only have three party members at a time) and ultimately it doesn't seem to help. Sex doesn't seem to help with lust either which is odd. I give everyone a Miko outfit (the one that reduces stress and lust) but I get random spikes in stress and I have no way of finding out why which brings me to....

Stress spikes randomly even when using Miko outfits to combat stress and lust and I don't know why. Usually it's just one or two girls but it is so random.

Also does anyone know how to change PC's race? I tried opening my save file and changing "race" to "Dragonkin" but the game seems to ignore my change. I think something is wrong with the string cause the console returns an invalid index race which makes me believe I changed it wrong. But "Dragonkin" is used elsewhere in the file and I spelled it exactly like that.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
How do you combat stress?
The easiest way to deal with stress is to use the Sedation spell. I haven't found any way to cope with lust other than for a slave to not have sex for a while. Or to cheat and edit your save file to remove it, of course.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes