Unity Stuck at Home [v0.3.0a] [Moraion]

3.40 star(s) 49 Votes

soyjari

Jun 29, 2018
Time to move on then. If Dev want to do trap game. They should make everyone in the house traps because trap fan 'd starve for content with only 1 trap in the game.

I should read everything in the first post before trying the game. My fault really. Expect heavy incest game where MC fucked every female being in the house and then got blindside by a dick with 100 illusion skill. Too bad the game wasn't for me. Good luck for the Dev.
but his penis is small you won't even notice it

Bixbite

Jul 12, 2019
The whole game could be 100mb and 10mb packed based on CGs. And why does it take 1,5GB RAM in main menu? :D
Once again, the 2d visual novel with 0 animations that I could run properly before damn near crashes my laptop. What exactly makes this game SO demanding? Can't even start
To hazard an answer: my guess is, the wonderous inner workings of unity create cache for the texture assets in its internal format, which is most likely not or lightly compressed - so it can be fed to the video card efficiently - and stores it on the disk. A single uncompressed 1k texture is around 24 MB - an FHD image is almost 50 MB. Throw in a hundred or so of those images into your assets and you will have a few gigs of bloat. Depending on how the the scenes are structured, most of that bloat is going to float around in memory and tie up resources, or on weaker hardware crash the game.

Sooner or later the dev will read up on memory management - most likely when they hit the soft cap of their own hardware, or when the majority of supporters will siege them with bug reports - and they will figure out how to dynamically load textures instead of trusting Unity with resource management. Then all will be fine - or some other issues pop up, I'm not an oracle.

If I remember correctly, they are using this project to learn the engine, so it's most likely a beginners mistake. Throw stones accordingly.

On a side note, Ren'py deals with this issue silently in the background, since it's optimized to be a VN engine and deal with hundreds and even thousands of images if necessary, but if you want to make 2d minigames a core part of the gameplay, then Unity is still superior in most other aspects, notably available learning materials, ease of development, marketable skills and game performance - with the caveat of the code being optimized. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find where it's stated, that this game is going to be a visual novel, so I don't understand the outrage.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Changelog:

v0.0.6a
Saturdays will now become 'Family Days' on the second Saturday after the start of the game. Make sure to follow the hints if you get stuck!
About 750~ lines of dialogue.
8 new CGs. No new expressions though because I'm focusing leftover funding and time on v0.1.0
DDR minigame with 2 difficulties. Pretty bare-bones for now, but will be improved upon later.
Also reused the yoga minigame, though that might change in the future.

Small note: The family days are still somewhat unfinished, simply because I lack the resources and time to make them perfect, but they will improve drastically after v0.1.0

v0.0.5
About 300~ lines of dialogue.
3 new expressions for Chloe as well as 7 CGs.
2 new expressions for Jason.
Removed heart eyes from old Chloe art because I have other plans.
Typing minigame with 2 difficulties, but no reward for the second difficulty yet.
Fixed a bug that hopefully everyone missed ;)
Fixed *one* letter in the 0.0.4 dialogue with Casey.

v0.0.4
2 new expressions for Casey as well as 9 CGs.
Yoga minigame with 2 difficulties.
Improved the info tab so that it is less likely you accidentally open/hover over it.
The project was prepared for screen-shake, so if there are issues with UI that wasn't there before, please let me know!
There is new background music for minigames. Let me know what you think!
Should have fixed a black background showing up when loading the game (Older saves will still probably cause it)
Tried another fix at accidentally skipping over choices in dialogue.

Some notes:
The file size is more or less doubled from the previous version, this is mostly due to a Unity package and some assets that I added.
This also means that while the file size will continue to grow, it shouldn't double again in the foreseeable future.
You will need to do some peeking/spying again as I changed some stuff around with the save files.
If you happen to see 3 angry Casey's on your screen, know that that is an error.

Reactions: Yolda and errte13

barrt546789

May 9, 2020
Changelog:

v0.0.6a
Saturdays will now become 'Family Days' on the second Saturday after the start of the game. Make sure to follow the hints if you get stuck!
8 new CGs. No new expressions though because I'm focusing leftover funding and time on v0.1.0
DDR minigame with 2 difficulties. Pretty bare-bones for now, but will be improved upon later.

Small note: The family days are still somewhat unfinished, simply because I lack the resources and time to make them perfect, but they will improve drastically after v0.1.0

v0.0.5
Typing minigame with 2 difficulties, but no reward for the second difficulty yet.

v0.0.4
Improved the info tab so that it is less likely you accidentally open/hover over it.
The project was prepared for screen-shake, so if there are issues with UI that wasn't there before, please let me know!
Should have fixed a black background showing up when loading the game (Older saves will still probably cause it)

Some notes:
The file size is more or less doubled from the previous version, this is mostly due to a Unity package and some assets that I added.
This also means that while the file size will continue to grow, it shouldn't double again in the foreseeable future.
You will need to do some peeking/spying again as I changed some stuff around with the save files.
If you happen to see 3 angry Casey's on your screen, know that that is an error.

Windows
Mac
Linux
Who are the new scenes with?

Reactions: ThatCrew

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Because it's UNITY!!! :love:
Incredibly handy and optimized VN engine, especially if you're new to it! :HideThePain:
To be honest, it pisses me off that more and more people want to show their game better than it is by creating it in Unity.
Why an ordinary one-button game needs Unity (even without optimization) and what they lack in Renpy none of the authors can answer, all you hear from them is an indecipherable mooing about how cool it is and that Renpy can't do what Unity can. :poop:
Dev is using this to learn Unity for future projects.

Deleted member 254042

Oct 20, 2017
Changelog:

v0.0.6a

v0.0.5

v0.0.4

Some notes:

Windows
Mac
Linux
it means no sex scenes yet right?

Reactions: ThatCrew
May 25, 2022
Time to move on then. If Dev want to do trap game. They should make everyone in the house traps because trap fan 'd starve for content with only 1 trap in the game.
wow a trap game where you are not the bitch! yippie
"The intuitive and psychological confusing nature of mankind to be twofold. The state of being in two qualities. The duality of man."
-
Some random guy on urbandictionary.

Btw, that trap has like a really nice fucking ass, also plus a big mommy, fuck yeah :KappaPride:

OzBa

May 9, 2017
Maaaaaan, that was a whole lot of waiting for sweet fuck-all lewd content. I understand that it's early in development and that it was mainly scaffolding for future content, but ffs, at least let us see another boob or something. I also can't believe that the dev takes into account discord votes for future content. That seems like a great way to piss off one's Patreons. Still, from what little is here so far, there's a good deal of foreshadowing going on, and it seems like once this early set-up gets done and out of the way, it's going to be MEGA LEWD. Like, I wonder what kind of future "family days' there will be HHHHRRRRRMMMM?!?!?!

Anyways, to all my fellow straight people. Shut the fuck up about Casey being a trap. Just left click past his scenes if you don't like it. 75% of this game is for us anyways, so let the fuccbois have their boipussy JEEZ.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
How much content does this VN have?,
i played this when it got release really nothing to grab your attention, it was pretty empty (which is a mistake when you release something you need to show something), now im wondering how is it now after a few updates, does it have a good progression, does it have content and something im bit letdown its not having animations.

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017

I should read everything in the first post before trying the game. My fault really. Expect heavy incest game where MC fucked every female being in the house and then got blindside by a dick with 100 illusion skill. Too bad the game wasn't for me. Good luck for the Dev.
You seem to be little delusional, why don't you just skip trap content instead of here being loud?

Keitlen

Dec 26, 2017
I swear I've played a game like this before with a femboy and an older sister that was like the leader of a motorcycle gang. I cannot for the life me remember the name of it though. Anyone played it or have even the slightest idea what I'm on about?

OzBa

May 9, 2017
I swear I've played a game like this before with a femboy and an older sister that was like the leader of a motorcycle gang. I cannot for the life me remember the name of it though. Anyone played it or have even the slightest idea what I'm on about?
Twisted World.

Reactions: Keitlen

Webster52402

Aug 27, 2018
Twisted World, sounds like. Isekai game where the libido of men and women are reversed? Motorcycle gang is only two people shown thus far, lots of hyper proportions?

EDIT: Curses, I was beaten to the answer as I dug through my files! Next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiime!

Reactions: Keitlen and OzBa
3.40 star(s) 49 Votes