Unity Stuck at Home [v0.3.0a] [Moraion]

3.40 star(s) 49 Votes

Rexeit

Aug 7, 2019
To hazard an answer: my guess is, the wonderous inner workings of unity create cache for the texture assets in its internal format, which is most likely not or lightly compressed - so it can be fed to the video card efficiently - and stores it on the disk. A single uncompressed 1k texture is around 24 MB - an FHD image is almost 50 MB. Throw in a hundred or so of those images into your assets and you will have a few gigs of bloat. Depending on how the the scenes are structured, most of that bloat is going to float around in memory and tie up resources, or on weaker hardware crash the game.

Sooner or later the dev will read up on memory management - most likely when they hit the soft cap of their own hardware, or when the majority of supporters will siege them with bug reports - and they will figure out how to dynamically load textures instead of trusting Unity with resource management. Then all will be fine - or some other issues pop up, I'm not an oracle.

If I remember correctly, they are using this project to learn the engine, so it's most likely a beginners mistake. Throw stones accordingly.

On a side note, Ren'py deals with this issue silently in the background, since it's optimized to be a VN engine and deal with hundreds and even thousands of images if necessary, but if you want to make 2d minigames a core part of the gameplay, then Unity is still superior in most other aspects, notably available learning materials, ease of development, marketable skills and game performance - with the caveat of the code being optimized. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find where it's stated, that this game is going to be a visual novel, so I don't understand the outrage.
Kind of accurate

By default, it's """optimised""" for small games, so that everything can load extremely quickly

But it's still a full-on engine and extremely versatile at that, so a lot of optimisations needs to be made by the creators of games, it should have been done at least an update ago

But since he's a beginner it's still OK in my book, it's a bitch to learn how to do it effectively and takes a LOT of time and patience

It still needs to be done however, at this point the sooner the better, because with the size it's at and the resources it's asking for for what it is right now...

If it were me, I would have started with Renpy, and maybe, eventuyally, port it to Unity, THEN make a unity game, getting slowly bigger and bigger in size

Also for the minigame.... Who the FUCK likes minigame ?? It just break the pace of the game and is more annoying than anything, that's why most of the mods (or included options in some cases) are minigame skip.
Even in AAA games.

N_Yah

May 23, 2020
How much content does this VN have?,
i played this when it got release really nothing to grab your attention, it was pretty empty (which is a mistake when you release something you need to show something), now im wondering how is it now after a few updates, does it have a good progression, does it have content and something im bit letdown its not having animations.
Basically none. It's incredibly barebones, there's a handful of suggestive scenes and zero sex.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Can I get them pregnant?
Can I get the little girl who hasn't puberty pregnant?
Can I get the little boy who hasn't hit puberty pregnant?
As far as I know, you can't even fuck anybody in this game (yet). There are no tags to indicate this at least, plus, the last version I played had absolutely nothing, and nothing is mentioned in the changelog either.

I guess maybe in the US you can get people pregnant without sex or just maybe by looking at someone... (at least, many Americans seriously ask this question on Quora), but not anywhere else.

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
As far as I know, you can't even fuck anybody in this game (yet). There are no tags to indicate this at least, plus, the last version I played had absolutely nothing, and nothing is mentioned in the changelog either.

I guess maybe in the US you can get people pregnant without sex or just maybe by looking at someone... (at least, many Americans seriously ask this question on Quora), but not anywhere else.
Murica is a special place
(Pls don't take this seriously this is a joke)

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
You seem to be little delusional, why don't you just skip trap content instead of here being loud?
Sorry man. It seem my comment hurt your feeling somehow.

Still. It's clear what Dev really want to make. No way the game just happen to has trap in it. Trap market was small compare to incest/harem market. So the game became like this.

Idk maybe Dev should double down like NTRman. Make the trap game and get every trap fan on the planet as sub. Anyway I don't know what is better. Do what you want or do what can sell.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
IMHO the dev should consider to introduce a way to skip minigames. Personally i've found them terrible.
They completely kill the game for me and ii will not play this game again. I doubt i'm the only one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

Mao_T

May 7, 2017
please help how to play unity games on Mac
Don't unzip with the standard mac "Archive Utility". I believe it moves around the files in a weird way that makes it so you can't open the app. Afterwards, don't double click it to open, right click and select "open" from the menu, it should work then.

Reactions: Sisterfister47
3.40 star(s) 49 Votes