Ren'Py Abandoned Student Affairs [Ch.2] [Tams-Senpai]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes
Dec 6, 2017
I urge people not to play this game, whoever is doing the art is doing god's work but the person who is in charge of making the game is shitty af, no direction or guide whatsoever in the game, no new content for like forever, more importantly the bugs are still there the dev seriously just wants money.
Just so you know, he paused his patreon like the Moderator earlier posted "UncleVT". He had to delete the story because it wasn't working for the game. And he plans to revamp the game entirely with a new story and more mechanics. It just takes time and he plans to release it on September. You made the assumption he's doing it for money but you clearly never read any of his posts here and met him on Discord. He's not here for money, just want to give his own take on a game. Try to not slander someone with your tunnel hole vision and actually do your research (literally on his patreon or even this thread posts).

Tams-Senpai

Phantasmagoria of Lucid Insanity
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
I urge people not to play this game, whoever is doing the art is doing god's work but the person who is in charge of making the game is shitty af, no direction or guide whatsoever in the game, no new content for like forever, more importantly the bugs are still there the dev seriously just wants money.
To be honest, I never wanted to reply on these kind of post as it sparks conflict into the thread but here's my take on this.
Your sentence states 2 truths and the rest are not true.
2 truths are:
- I'm a shitty dev.
- No direction or guide or whatsoever.

But first I would like you to understand that the game was on it's alpha stage and if you did play the patron nor the public version, it is indicated otherwise when you started the game that it is on 0 to 1% game progression and play at your own accord/volition.

Here's my points as I know you are an intelligent person who reads instead of just typing everything without acknowledging facts.

1. The people in my team who is doing the art are all amazing and was never underpaid.
The patron donations goes to them directly and along with my own pocket money.
If you think $100-200 is enough to cover expenses of the artist then you must be belittling their quality, dedication and hard work to earn a living.

2. I know that I am one of those shitty developer.
I acknowledge my mistakes and that is why we are making an overhaul to correct those stuff that frustrates people.
I do tend to act as soon as possible, approach people and answer them as soon as I can or provide a quick fix to my game.

3. My game is relatively new, we give new scenes every month and never failed to do so.

4. Directions and Guides, as I've been saying on my post here in f95 and in Patreon.
The game is new, and in the start of the game there is a warning to play at your own accord/volition.
I never forced anyone to donate nor play my game.
- But the game is facing some serious changes right now, as it transitions to "beta" period containing quests, guides, etc.

5. If you want to urge people not to play this game as of the current version, that is fine with me.
But if you could give me a chance on the overhaul that would be great.

6. I do not charge my patrons when I do game changes.
I never want to use this but since judging me, I do give donation to this site that you are using to download games (anonymously too) and to the RPGMV scripters (yanfly and galv) who do their job for free, I donate to them as they are the reason why my game took a little spotlight.
So not sure on how you can tell that I seriously just want some money. hmm?

7. Always read the intro of my game to know what's up so that you will avoid being disappointed, my patron page posts also indicates details about the stuff you mentioned, my f95 thread post (this thread) also indicates those stuff before you mentioned all of it, it was already foreseen and being corrected.

8. Bugs happen especially that the game is on alpha stage , but instead of complaining them, report them. I'm not doing the game full-time.
But if I do see one, I fix them right away, if someone reported them in discord I act on it ASAP.
As of the version 0.0.9 should have no bugs as we made rounds to do so that bugs won't infiltrate the last version of the alpha.

P.S.
I urge people not to pledge yet until I am done with my overhaul of the game.

We are on the stage of creating quests, fixing plugins and doing graphical overhaul on the maps with orthographic view (see attached)

Last edited:

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
To be honest, I never wanted to reply on these kind of post as it sparks conflict into the thread but here's my take on this.
Your sentence states 2 truths and the rest are not true.
2 truths are:
- I'm a shitty dev.
- No direction or guide or whatsoever.

But first I would like you to understand that the game was on it's alpha stage and if you did play the patron nor the public version, it is indicated otherwise when you started the game that it is on 0 to 1% game progression and play at your own accord/volition.

Here's my points as I know you are an intelligent person who reads instead of just typing everything without acknowledging facts.

1. The people in my team who is doing the art are all amazing and was never underpaid.
The patron donations goes to them directly and along with my own pocket money.
If you think $100-200 is enough to cover expenses of the artist then you must be belittling their quality, dedication and hard work to earn a living.

2. I know that I am one of those shitty developer.
I acknowledge my mistakes and that is why we are making an overhaul to correct those stuff that frustrates people.
I do tend to act as soon as possible, approach people and answer them as soon as I can or provide a quick fix to my game.

3. My game is relatively new, we give new scenes every month and never failed to do so.

4. Directions and Guides, as I've been saying on my post here in f95 and in Patreon.
The game is new, and in the start of the game there is a warning to play at your own accord/volition.
I never forced anyone to donate nor play my game.
- But the game is facing some serious changes right now, as it transitions to "beta" period containing quests, guides, etc.

5. If you want to urge people not to play this game as of the current version, that is fine with me.
But if you could give me a chance on the overhaul that would be great.

6. I do not charge my patrons when I do game changes.
I never want to use this but since judging me, I do give donation to this site that you are using to download games (anonymously too) and to the RPGMV scripters (yanfly and galv) who do their job for free, I donate to them as they are the reason why my game took a little spotlight.
So not sure on how you can tell that I seriously just want some money. hmm?

7. Always read the intro of my game to know what's up so that you will avoid being disappointed, my patron page posts also indicates details about the stuff you mentioned, my f95 thread post (this thread) also indicates those stuff before you mentioned all of it, it was already foreseen and being corrected.

8. Bugs happen especially that the game is on alpha stage , but instead of complaining them, report them. I'm not doing the game full-time.
But if I do see one, I fix them right away, if someone reported them in discord I act on it ASAP.
As of the version 0.0.9 should have no bugs as we made rounds to do so that bugs won't infiltrate the last version of the alpha.

P.S.
I urge people not to pledge yet until I am done with my overhaul of the game.

We are on the stage of creating quests, fixing plugins and doing graphical overhaul on the maps with orthographic view (see attached)
It's now a day game that spoiled player too much direction
the old school jrpg player like me quite used too it
that everything you need to talk to every npc and find out

but also yes your game quite lack of how to progress too
maybe some time you need to force player to know something

the problem is you put too much on the visual more than game play
you design a quite good looking map
but the map itself make no sense of what importantly is going on
you don't need the whole map too large if there are no point to explore
cut the walk able area with map design is one way to lead where to go

and the npc are stand there with no clue what will help story go
I think just add more like mc talking to him self when enter the map
to remind what he need to do is good

as you accept that you are shitty dev(Sorry I'm not insulting)
I think you need to play more game
let's play some success game like Kagura game title
(I'm not say it's all good but at least it choose to sale world wide )

I would suggest this Clymenia game
https://f95zone.to/threads/xvi-liz-of-the-tower-clymenia.2804/
it's a small easy understanding to the point game
with most of the base art map

or other title that you like from dev you like
and learn in to what where why when they place this those that in the game
sometime you don't know that you wrapped around your thought too much
and forgot to look in other way

and you got your supporter discord crew
so I suggest let them test any little Idea along you make
ask them before putting it in the game
player perspective and Maker perspective are not the same
you will get some good point from that

anyway I quite interesting in your game by art cover
but can't go through it now
because the game play still not quite playable for me

good luck with your project

alimuddin9713

Nov 15, 2018
So any news or anything regarding how the changes/updates are coming along?
So far, all we know is the dev came back to the developpment 2 weeks ago, since he had to take a break for personal reasons.
We expect news early 2020, looking forward to that.

i see the tag of cheating but stupid question this actually have that?
The game and its general story are not developped enough yet. But I think this will be an actual thing once the game will get back on its feet.

alimuddin9713

Nov 15, 2018
To anybody being sceptic about this game, this is perfectly understandable. This is taking much more time than expected, so please be patient with it. The dev is really dedicated to his thing, and is eager to provide us the best game he could.
Since he mainly relies on his personal money to develop the game, I highly recommend to people willing to see how it turns out to support Tams on his patreon page. It's not much, but helps him a lot.

alimuddin9713

Nov 15, 2018
Tams will bring up a brand new topic here since some unexpected things happened and lead him to make a few changes.
Keep an eye on the newest topics here, it should be coming anytime soon.

Tams-Senpai

Phantasmagoria of Lucid Insanity
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
I'll give an update soon. Thanks for keeping in touch. Give me atleast a few weeks to settle in and I'll let you know what is what. I am now updating my status on F95. My Patreon is still unpublished, FYI.

Main Artist is now a different artist from before. Expect changes.

I've marked this thread as abandoned because version 2 is different from this current version, game name will also be different.

Ak417ytrfg

Jan 27, 2018
I'll give an update soon. Thanks for keeping in touch. Give me atleast a few weeks to settle in and I'll let you know what is what. I am now updating my status on F95. My Patreon is still unpublished, FYI.

Main Artist is now a different artist from before. Expect changes.

I've marked this thread as abandoned because version 2 is different from this current version, game name will also be different.
okey)

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes